Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lamar Action Jackson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Lamar Action Jackson

Sep 11, 2017, 10:17 PM

Will we stop him on Saturday ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lamar Action Jackson

Sep 12, 2017, 12:20 AM

> Will we stop him on Saturday ?

No. The O-Line is improved this year. No one could stop him last year until the O-line collapsed with injuries and lack of depth/experience and LJ ran for his life. Our Center (Bell) is a little iffy right now however. Plan on more yellow birdies flying around if he starts. We seemed to play better after he got yanked though. So maybe the 2nd stringer will have earned a start for this game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2017, 12:23 AM

Thanks for clarifying that for us. No need to watch the game now that we know the answer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2017, 12:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Lamar Action Jackson ]

2nd-stringer vs. the two best defensive tackles in college football? I like how that sounds already.????

Sep 12, 2017, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Lamar Action Jackson ]

Lol your o-line is garbage and so is your defense.. Please comeback Saturday after the game

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jackson Gained 450 Against You Last Season

Sep 12, 2017, 4:44 AM

And he is much better this year, lol. Tigernet is hilarious - even your coaches have said "He will get his", yet, here we have disbelief. Do you really think your "improved defense" will corral the best player in the game? They did not come close last season and he was raw as hell. I am just as sure you don't want to believe he got any better.

Ha ha, I love this place. Reminds me of UK fans.

Well UK is better than Lousiville

Sep 12, 2017, 4:55 AM

they won last year and have an all time lead over Louisville.

Louisville has never beat Clemson, but the fans squawk every time we play...then disappear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well UK is better than Lousiville

Sep 12, 2017, 7:13 AM

UK is 1-5 against Louisville the last 6 games. What domination, lol. In the modern series - games after 1920 - UL has an overwhelming lead, something like 14-6. BTW, what is Clemson;s record against Kentucky? 0-3?

It is true Clemson has never lost to Louisville. I'm not sure why that says you have an edge this season. If nothing else, you are a bar for the program to get over, a la FSU last year. If anything, Louisville will be hungrier than in the past.

Re: Well UK is better than Lousiville

Sep 12, 2017, 7:30 AM

Clemson is 4-2 against Kentucky over their last 6. 2-1 in last 3.

Correct, Louisville has yet to beat Clemson. That means nothing this year, but every year Louisville fans talk more trash than any other fan base.

To us, Louisville is the USCjr of the ACC

Re: Jackson Gained 450 Against You Last Season

Sep 12, 2017, 5:45 AM [ in reply to Jackson Gained 450 Against You Last Season ]

LJ will make some plays but he will be shut down for the most part.
He will gain some yards rushing but he can't compete passes when nobody is open.
I'm pretty sure Auburns highly touted WRs are better than Louisvilles .

Message was edited by: Tigs577

Re: Jackson Gained 450 Against You Last Season

Sep 12, 2017, 6:07 AM [ in reply to Jackson Gained 450 Against You Last Season ]

And you guys remind me of Ohio State fans. You're both 0-3 against us and still run your mouths. Please come back here after the game. I really want to see if you'll be as arrogant after you're 0-4 vs Clemson.

Have to wait and see the injury report Saturday AM

Sep 12, 2017, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Jackson Gained 450 Against You Last Season ]

After a Friday night in Thugville. You could be missing a few more players.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think this is last years injury report

Sep 12, 2017, 8:17 AM

Or are you joking? Shaw Wiggins transferred to Tennessee for his grad year. Harvey Clemons is gone also.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's with all this smack talk?

Sep 12, 2017, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Lamar Action Jackson ]

Most of the posters on this thread are talking pretty tough (both sides I might add) and none of you have any part of the game. The players and coaches make the game, and yet you guys think that you can talk trash?

Both teams are good. Both teams have talent. If either team plays poorly, they will lose. Personally, I like the odds for my Tigers, but I can't be certain. LJ made a lot of plays on his own last year. Can he do it again? Our secondary and linebackers seem to be better in pass coverage, this year, will that hold up against the Cards? Our O didn't look great last week - how much of that was due to Auburn? Louisville's O has looked stellar - how much of that is due to Purdue or the chaps in Orange County, NC.

It's early in the year. Save your over-the-top comments for later when we know enough to talk smack. Your macho bravado is irrational.

Re: What's with all this smack talk?

Sep 12, 2017, 10:20 AM

I know right. What I asked seemed like a pretty logical question, one that I think our defense is up to the task of answering.

Sep 12, 2017, 6:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Lamar Action Jackson ]

" Plan on more yellow birdies flying around if he starts."

Are you saying the Red Birdies have turned YELLOW?

BTW: Have your receivers found that elusive first down marker yet?

Sep 12, 2017, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Lamar Action Jackson ]

Question for Louisville lurkers. Can any of your linemen block our front 4 on defense?

Leaning toward no by the amount of sacks you've given up to powerhouses Purdue and Unc

Sep 12, 2017, 6:14 AM

Make him throw the ball. He looked poor passing against UNC and with our D-backs, he'll have an even harder time. Stay in the lanes rushing and hit him hard. Put the Boulware rear naked choke hold on him.

Sep 12, 2017, 7:14 AM

Classy stuff.

Sep 12, 2017, 7:21 AM

Senore, I for one am nervous about the game..get that way for all big games..I believe it will be a battle and hope the tigers can make it 4 in a row...good luck

Sep 12, 2017, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Lamar Action Jackson ]

Jackson did not look bad passing against UNC. Not sure what game you were watching. He had what 400yds passing? He hit a deep ball over the middle with pinpoint accuracy. Was he perfect? No. But he looked better throwing the ball than he ever has, and he was very effective. He will make plays against the Tiger D. We need to limit them. We will also have to answer. Auburn had no QB. Ohio Stae had no QB. Alabama has a RB playing QB. Louisville has darn good player playing QB. I highly doubt this is a runaway for Clemson. If it is, it will be because the Tiger O has arrived.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic