Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU VS CLEMSON......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

LSU VS CLEMSON......

Jan 3, 2020, 4:56 PM

If you go to the NCAA site and click on stats you'll find 45 team statistics listed alphabetically. I just ran through all 45 (very slow at work) and came up with the following tally:

Clemson came out better in 26 of them.

LSU was better in 16.

There were three ties.

LSU better in the passing stats and punt returns. Clemson better in running and almost all the defensive metrics. No surprises here. Clemson better in turnover margin. Time of possession the same (30 minutes for each team). Net punting better for CU by 2 yards, but LSU much better with field goals making 21 out of 26. CU only 13 out of 22. Surprisingly, LSU missed 4 extras. CU was perfect. Our red zone D better. LSU's red zone O better. Oh, LSU only had 4 more penalties, but had 200 more penalty yards. Better discipline by the Clemson team in that area. Pretty fascinating stuff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU VS CLEMSON......

Jan 3, 2020, 6:03 PM

... stuff, which is why this game could go either way.

Re: LSU VS CLEMSON......

Jan 3, 2020, 7:35 PM

The intangibles, such as coaching, experience, home field, are not mentioned. I think Clemson has the coaching/experience edge. LSU much closer to home. Another way of looking at this. Clemson put up 40, 35, 6 and 44 against 'Bammer in their four playoff games. That's an average of 31.25 against defenses that were better than LSU's.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic