Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LOL @ people saying they won't watch the championship game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 73
| visibility 8,563

LOL @ people saying they won't watch the championship game

Jan 4, 2018, 10:35 AM

So we win our first title in 35 years, and now all the sudden some of us are too high and mighty to sit back and enjoy the game just because we aren't in it? Good grief

If you really are too butthurt to watch Bama or Georgia win a championship then fine, that's your right. I hate both of these teams too. But even though we are one of the true elite programs in college football, we ain't gonna win em all.

We should be a top 5 mainstay for years to come, and will be in the mix just about every year. Lighten up, enjoy the ride, and be happy with what we have accomplished.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL @ people saying they won't watch the championship game

Jan 4, 2018, 10:41 AM

I won't be watching. Have to be at work at 5 am on Tuesday. Game won't kick off till 9 and over at 1. I'm not going to punish myself if the Tigers are not playing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally acceptable if you have work or other commitments

Jan 4, 2018, 10:43 AM

But not watching out of sour grapes is just dumb. Not a lot of folks, but there are some

Re: Totally acceptable if you have work or other commitments

Jan 4, 2018, 10:58 AM

I’ll be in Vegas for it. Plan was to watch our squad and have a great time. Now plan is to have a great time and try to make some duckets on the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dumb is telling other people what they should or should not

Jan 4, 2018, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Totally acceptable if you have work or other commitments ]

watch? How does this affect you?

PS: I WILL be watching the game. Go Bama.***

Jan 4, 2018, 11:17 AM

It doesn't

Jan 4, 2018, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Dumb is telling other people what they should or should not ]

Did you not read what I said? People can do whatever they want, I was just offering my own opinion. You are entitled to your own as well

Happy New Year, Tiger5!

I don’t consider it sour grapes. Most people here can’t stand UGA or Bama.

Jan 4, 2018, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Totally acceptable if you have work or other commitments ]

For good reason. They are easy to dislike.

I will might watch some of the game, but I won’t apologize for investing little to no time in a game that doesn’t involve Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Agreed, I highly dislike both programs as well

Jan 4, 2018, 4:11 PM

I guess I just enjoy football too much not to watch!

Not high and mighty. Sick of the SEC.

Jan 4, 2018, 10:43 AM

Are you high and mighty? You sound high and mighty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

No?

Jan 4, 2018, 10:51 AM

I'm sick of the SEC too. But not watching the game isn't going to change anything. Nobody says you have to watch it, but if you aren't watching because you are butthurt for whatever reason then I think that's just immature.

That's my opinion and you are entitled to your own. But I certainly don't think my stance is a "high and mighty" one. Agree to disagree.

Happy New Year, TS

Nobody to root for = not watching.***

Jan 4, 2018, 11:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Nobody to root for = not watching.***

Jan 4, 2018, 11:05 AM

Fair enough :)

Re: Not high and mighty. Sick of the SEC.

Jan 4, 2018, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Not high and mighty. Sick of the SEC. ]

Yep, same reason I'm not watching. Might be the 2 best teams in there, but SEC stuff has gotten beyond old. I also don't watch the Patriots in the NFL for the same reason (i.e. good team and coaches, but I'm not a fan and tired of hearing about how awesome they are).

Re: Not high and mighty. Sick of the SEC.

Jan 4, 2018, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Not high and mighty. Sick of the SEC. ]

Best way to keep the SEC out of the game is beat them. We didn't. I'm going to watch until i fall asleep. Hoping Bama squashes UGA early so that we don't have competition so close to home. Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought we already watched the championship game

Jan 4, 2018, 10:45 AM

It was the UCF and Auburn game... right?

Ha! True!***

Jan 4, 2018, 10:52 AM

Not intrigued by two same division teams

Jan 4, 2018, 10:46 AM

Playing for Natty= Butthurt? Thats laughable.Please enjoy it for both of us. :)

Maybe I wasn't talking about you?

Jan 4, 2018, 10:54 AM

I guess I'm just a diehard college football fan then. I enjoy football and I enjoy watching the national championship game regardless of who is playing.

I guess I forgot that some people are only invested when Clemson is involved. My mistake! :)

Re: Maybe I wasn't talking about you?

Jan 4, 2018, 11:01 AM

I'll probably put it on in the background, but listening to the SEC circle jerk while watching 2x as many commercials as normal doesn't sound like a good time to me.

Re: Maybe I wasn't talking about you?

Jan 4, 2018, 2:44 PM

Point for "Sec Circle Jerk", LOL.

LMAO at “SEC circle jerk!”

Jan 4, 2018, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe I wasn't talking about you? ]

That is great!

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

It will be on, but I won't be watching attentively

Jan 4, 2018, 10:48 AM

Our season is over and I am not interested in the SEC SEC SEC Bowl.

I will say that I would love to see Alabama beat UGA within an ounce of their life so we don't have 2 separated SEC fan bases talking trash.

Many of you don't remember when UGa won the national title in 1980...I was a teenager and if the fans are as obnoxious now if they win as they were back then it will be a very aggravating year.

I honestly don't care...We have Clemson Basketball to look forward too!

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

I hear that

Jan 4, 2018, 10:56 AM

I've been a college football fan longer than I've had ties to Clemson, so I guess I'm just used to watching the title game regardless of who is playing.

Clemson hoops looking strong!

Happy New Year CUT4L!

Jan 4, 2018, 10:53 AM

I'll def be watching. This is big boy Southern football. I'm glad we don't have to watch ol soft Oklahoma

Tell em, coot!

;)

Re: Tell em, coot!

Jan 4, 2018, 10:57 AM

So you disagree?

Re: Tell em, coot!

Jan 4, 2018, 1:45 PM

This will be cow football. A bunch of cows on both lines and a runner getting a few yards over and over and over and over. Although Alabama will most likely break a few runs since I dont think Georgias Defense is that strong. A long boring low score game. No dog in the fight no reason to watch - not just my thought this week but all season long. I didnt watch the national champion UCF nights win it all, I wont watch Alabamam beat Georgia for second place.

Jan 4, 2018, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: LOL @ people saying they won't watch the championship game ]

Soft Oklahoma put 48 points on that big boy team and was up 17 right before half. If they kick it deep and Georgia doesn't get that field goal right before half okie probably wins.

Jan 4, 2018, 11:25 AM

> Soft Oklahoma put 48 points on that big boy team and
> was up 17 right before half. If they kick it deep and
> Georgia doesn't get that field goal right before half
> okie probably wins.

If Tae Crowder doesn't snag the squib kick Okie probably wins but hard to say. Kudos to CKS on the down and out for 10 yards and the 55 yard FG over a hail mary.

Jan 4, 2018, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: LOL @ people saying they won't watch the championship game ]

uh 26% pulse, I'm guessing either a Coot or closet dawg

I may watch some of the game. BUT, I certainly will not

watch the halftime performance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Why you hate halftimes dude?***

Jan 4, 2018, 10:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Rolling Stones, Tom Petty, Prince, or Left Shark.***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

at this rate...

Jan 4, 2018, 11:06 AM

It's safe to say you won't be listening to any music in 10 years or so.

amirite?

I still have my 45s, LPs, 8-track tapes, cassettes and CDs.***

Jan 4, 2018, 11:28 AM

I may still have my iPod.

I'm not watching

Jan 4, 2018, 11:11 AM [ in reply to No Rolling Stones, Tom Petty, Prince, or Left Shark.*** ]

because I heard oldschool57 was going to DJ the halftime show.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

The match up does not intrigue me, Saban vs Saban light...

Jan 4, 2018, 10:58 AM

similar to Saban vs Saban light[Les Miles], Bama v LSU, The Sequel.

I did not watch the 2nd game, and really not that interested in another version.

Is it possible it's just bad TV?

I promise you I would have been glued to my flat screens if it was OU vs Bama, so should I not watch, it has nothing to do with Clemson not being there and everything to do with the specific product offering.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to argue with you regarding the matchup...

Jan 4, 2018, 11:09 AM

...certainly doesn't intrigue me, and don't get me wrong, I won't be "happy" to see either team win. Bad TV for sure, bound to be an SEC love fest and relatively boring game

I watched the national championship with my dad every year growing up. Just something that I personally enjoy. I dunno, just kind of my way of putting the season to bed...some closure, if you will

I'll probably watch, not sure how interested I'll be

Jan 4, 2018, 11:01 AM

I didn't watch one play of the Bama-LSU bogus title game back in that year, and have no regrets whatsoever.

And there are a TON of folks that have proclaimed they are not watching this game to protest the ESPN-SEC smoochfest. Look up #notwatching on Twitter.

I do know I haven't watched one second of ESPN since our game, and don't plan to because if Finebaum appears on my screen, I may spontaneously puke.

Re: I'll probably watch, not sure how interested I'll be

click to see comments

https://twitter.com/CFBPlayoff/status/948524347794141184

Haha, I agree

Jan 4, 2018, 11:10 AM [ in reply to I'll probably watch, not sure how interested I'll be ]

SEC lovefest for sure.

I just watch as a way to close out the season, I guess

Not the issue of us not being it, rather it is

Jan 4, 2018, 11:10 AM

The two teams that are in it being from the SEC, or two teams from any conference rather.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A valid point***

Jan 4, 2018, 4:15 PM

I just think Bammer games are boring as hell usually

Jan 4, 2018, 11:14 AM

With the exceptions being the last 2 natties because of Watson. If it were UGA versus someone interesting I would watch. hth.

Thanks for the enlightenment***

Jan 4, 2018, 11:21 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for the enlightenment***

Jan 4, 2018, 4:12 PM

youre welcome

;)

Haven't watched a lot of non-Clemson CFB this year, and this

Jan 4, 2018, 11:21 AM

match-up just does not interest me. May watch a bit of it, but just not interested in same-conference game as "national" championship.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know a lot of people who aren't watching it because

Jan 4, 2018, 11:26 AM

it's just a second SEC championship. A lot of people aren't interested in a National Championship that only involves one conference.

The LSU vs. Alabama BCS Championship was the least watched championship of the BCS era. It was a catalyst for the playoff. It wasn't until the viewership numbers were so low that they threatened advertising dollars that ESPN started supporting a playoff. Before that game the narrative was "the BCS and two team inclusion is good for football."
If the numbers dip as bad this year, prepare for some kind of change. Television controls all of this.

If kickofff was 3:30 Saturday, I would watch. But....

Jan 4, 2018, 11:29 AM

a long game on a Monday night without an intriguing storyline - I’ll be asleep ??!!!

Re: If kickofff was 3:30 Saturday, I would watch. But....

Jan 4, 2018, 11:34 AM

SO, UGA/BAMA IS NOT AN INTRIGUING STORYLINE HUH. 2ND YEAR COACH AGAINST TEACHER. I DONT CARE MUCH ABOUT THE GAME BUT DONT SAY THERE ARE NO STORYLINES.

I guess my intrigue threshold is higher. Smart vs. Saban ...

Jan 4, 2018, 12:11 PM

Simply not exciting and my guess many FB fans in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Florida etc. will feel the same.

Jan 4, 2018, 11:31 AM

I would love to watch if it was literally any two teams than the one playing. I have to be at least mildly pulling for a team or against a team to enjoy and I hate both teams

I'm not butthurt but I'm not interested in the game.

Jan 4, 2018, 11:41 AM

Even your ridiculously insulting statement toward people who have different preferences didn't bother me because I know there are plenty of things I like that you don't like.

Take for instance women, I like them, you don't. You like boys, that doesn't bother me.

Not watching is my way of letting the ESPiN and the sports world know that I'm not interested in watching a national championship which has two teams from the same conference. Imo, it's gay and I like women.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you REALLY thought OP was "ridiculously insulting"

Jan 4, 2018, 5:00 PM

then I suggest you get some thicker skin. Or stop reading internet message boards.

Seriously, it might not have come out the way I wanted it to but it really wasn't so bad for you to resort to pedophile jokes.

Happy New Year to you, ClemsonTiger1988®

It was ridiculous because it insulted everyone who...

Jan 5, 2018, 10:14 AM

disagreed with you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No dog in the hunt, no interest really....

Jan 4, 2018, 11:43 AM

It shapes up to be a boring game with little scoring. SEC defensive struggle 10 to 13 type game. I have no interest in watching two hogs root over a turnip for 4 quarters to find out which SEC team wins a Natty in a down year for college football...I will find out the next morning like everyone else. I think this has the potential to be the lowest watched National Championship game yet, and it should be. Until there is an 8 team playoff, and the SEC bias remains, this will happen every 3-4 years.

I'll catch some of it but not making an event out of it.

Jan 4, 2018, 11:49 AM

It is what it is.

FWIW though, a LOT of people tuned out the 2012 Bama / LSU rematch leading to the Power 5 leaders to discuss, the very next day, changing that system and laying the groundwork for today's CFP. I was chided back then on here for "boycotting" that game, but it kinda worked.

Who knows.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you like women too.***

Jan 4, 2018, 1:13 PM

Goodness gracious

Jan 4, 2018, 5:06 PM

I really hurt your feelings, didn't I?

I'm just messing with you, brother.

Jan 5, 2018, 10:16 AM

I don't care whether or not anyone watches a ball game or whether or not they like girls either. I thought everyone would catch that with my 'NTTAWWT,' comment.

Good answer, and I see your point

Jan 4, 2018, 5:05 PM [ in reply to I'll catch some of it but not making an event out of it. ]

I think a lot of folks misinterpreted what I was trying to say....mostly due to poor wording on my part.

I don't blame people for not being interested or being sick of the SEC.

I just love college football and missing the final game would be like missing the super bowl.

I don't want to watch it because i don't want to spend any

Jan 4, 2018, 1:24 PM

more time thinking about which team i want to lose more. Is it worse for UGA to get a title and more recruiting momentum when they are our #1 recruiting rival right now, or is it worse for Saban to win his 5th title in 9 years at Bama.

Both of things make me want to vomit. There's better things to use my brain on than trying to figure out which one i have to pull for. F that.

I won't watch the championship game

Jan 4, 2018, 1:25 PM

I am 100% opposed to teams making the CFP without winning their conference. I understand that the committee is supposed to pick the best four teams, but am voting with my eyeballs.

What's the point of even playing conference championships anymore if you're already in the top 4?

I’m not watching one second of it

Jan 4, 2018, 1:34 PM

Can’t stand either team. OP let us know how it turns out. Enjoy.

I hope Bama wins, but am not interested enough to bother

Jan 4, 2018, 1:36 PM

watching.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 4, 2018, 2:51 PM

I won't. I have better things to do than watch the SEC Alternative Championship.

Jan 4, 2018, 5:03 PM

I'll be watching and pulling for Bama but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if it was a lopsided a fair. Then I could go to bed on time. I'm getting to old for this stuff!

Jan 4, 2018, 11:22 PM

I LOVE college football! But I am not watching.

All the reasons have been mentioned. They cannot both lose as much as we would love to make it so.

For Clemson fans, these are 2 teams that we cannot stand. But I guess there were three out of the 4 of my most disliked teams in the playoffs. The other one will never be there.

won’t be

Jan 5, 2018, 12:14 AM

Clemson’s not in it so what’s the point? Besides got money to be making out here

Jan 5, 2018, 3:45 AM

LOL all you want to. My choice. Not interested. Has nothing to do with high and mighty, though YOUR post seems to be just that. Sorry, not guilted into watching something I'm not interested in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Working 3rd shift(4:30p-2a) Mon night/Tue morning

Jan 5, 2018, 6:00 AM

Will try to watch it via my watch espn app...
But being in the bowels of the hospital(with s#!tty wi fi) don't know how much I'll be able to see...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BTW....That was well said...***

Jan 5, 2018, 6:01 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2018, 6:59 AM

I will watch the first half, but I will not be exhausted at work the next day because I stayed up to watch 2 teams I don't really like!

Replies: 73
| visibility 8,563
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic