Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not going to lie, thoroughly enjoying this Ric Flair
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 193

Not going to lie, thoroughly enjoying this Ric Flair

Jan 9, 2014, 10:34 AM

trolljob of the Panthers fans, I feel like this is a real life WWE angle playing out here where Ric Flair turns heel and starts telling the crowd to shut up.

Oh and I'm really shocked Steve Smith is the most vocal about this, he's normally so quiet :/

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10265002/2013-nfl-playoffs-jim-harbaugh-says-carolina-panthers-angered-ric-flair-support

Jim Harbaugh: Root for two teams

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh is happy pro wrestler Ric Flair is supporting his team.

He also doesn't understand why that should bother Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith, who earlier this week said Flair -- who long has had North Carolina ties and has been friendly with several Panthers players -- burned bridges with the team because of that support.

"What's the matter with having two favorite teams? Is that a crime?" Harbaugh said Wednesday. "My opinion would be that it doesn't make you a bad person to have two favorite football teams."

At the request of the 49ers, Flair flew to Appleton, Wis., to address San Francisco on Saturday night prior to the team's wild-card win over Green Bay on Sunday.

"I think Ric Flair's a fantastic guy," Harbaugh said. "I had a chance to spend quite a bit of time with him, half-hour, hour or so on Saturday. And then, of course, he spoke to our team. He spoke very highly of Carolina and his friendships with the Carolina Panthers."

The move, though, rubbed Smith the wrong way, particularly as the Panthers and 49ers prepare for their NFC divisional matchup Sunday.

"As a guy who actually has a Ric Flair robe I'm real disappointed in seeing that. Real disappointed," Smith told The Charlotte Observer on Monday. "I'm not sure if he'll get the invite here. That Golden Gate Bridge has been burned."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I took from this story:

Jan 9, 2014, 10:38 AM

Steve Smith has a Ric Flair robe, and now I want one. Because Ric Flair, not Steve Smith.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well he is the limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing,

Jan 9, 2014, 10:40 AM

wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun

Space Mountain may be the oldest ride in the park,

Jan 9, 2014, 10:41 AM

but it's still got the longest line, baby.

WOOOOOOOO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not get two, and have one for upstairs too?

Jan 9, 2014, 10:42 AM [ in reply to What I took from this story: ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14904753

#stupidchromecastjokefromyesterday

Noted.

Jan 9, 2014, 10:42 AM

Checking Amazon for $35 Ric Flair robes.

The man can't pay cash money for a deck.

Jan 9, 2014, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Why not get two, and have one for upstairs too? ]

How's he gonna pay up for dual iconic robes?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure Ric Flair is a "fantastic guy"***

Jan 9, 2014, 10:48 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Me neither.

Jan 9, 2014, 10:59 AM

Maybe, fantastic circus character.

Whoooo?

No....I'm actually very sure of that fact.

Jan 9, 2014, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Not sure Ric Flair is a "fantastic guy"*** ]

That he's NOT a fantastic guy, I mean. Unless fantastic is the Merriam Webster New American Collegiate English Dictionary definition of backward, ignorant white trash.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, Panthers are toast...Ric is backing the winner here

Jan 9, 2014, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Not sure Ric Flair is a "fantastic guy"*** ]

He's got a robe and boa at the Smithsonian.

Jan 9, 2014, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Not sure Ric Flair is a "fantastic guy"*** ]

So that makes him SOMETHING though I am not sure what.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#ACCFTS

LEMME TELL YOU SOMTHIN TONY SCHIAVONE

Jan 9, 2014, 11:02 AM

THE PANTHERS WERE GOOD FOR A HOMETOWN RIDE, BUT THERE AIN'T NOTHING LIKE THE LADIES FROM THE CALIFORNIA COAST. WHEN SLICK RICK ROLLS INTO TOWN ALL THE PANTIES HIT THE FLOOR. I GOT THE ROLEX WATCH, THE ALLIGATOR SHOES, BORN WITH A GOLDEN SPOON IN MY MOUTH! WHEN THE NINERS ROLL INTO MY TOWN OF CHARLOTTE WE'LL BE FLYING HIGH AS CHAMPIONS...SIX TIME, SIX TIME, SIX TIME, SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS. WE STICK TOGETHER BROTHER. SO STEVE SMITH, IF YOU WANNA KEEP RUNNING YOUR MOUTH, MEET ME IN THE SQUARED CIRCLE BROTHER, BECAUSE WHETHER YOU LIKE IT, OR DON'T LIKE IT SIT DOWN AND TAKE A LOOK AT IT BROTHER, BECAUSE IT IS STILL THE BEST...THING GOING...TODAY...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

POTD***

Jan 9, 2014, 11:30 AM

Replies: 13
| visibility 193
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic