Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2 amazing stats from the game last night.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,059

2 amazing stats from the game last night.....

Mar 14, 2014, 10:22 AM

1) Nnoko played 43 minutes, yes our 6-10" center played over 40 minutes, and had ZERO fouls, with 6 blocks, 6 rebounds, and 8 points.

2) Free throws- 25-29, 86.2%- speaks for itself!

So on an off offensive night, we didn't let big men get into foul trouble, and nailed free throws to win it, I'll take it any day! Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll need to shoot the ball alot better tonight***

Mar 14, 2014, 10:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

oh yes.... Duke is a different animal!***

Mar 14, 2014, 10:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Knoko will have 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes tonight.

Mar 14, 2014, 10:31 AM

Mark it down. The worst thing about basketball is that refs can affect the game so much. Those guys were horrible last night.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully Djitte can give Nnoko a little rest tonight.....

Mar 14, 2014, 10:53 AM

I appreciate the minutes that Nnoko played and he is our best big guy, but hopefully the other guys can spell him enough in the first half so he can be fully effective the entire game.
Fortunately, I think we match up decently well with Duke. But we will have to execute better offensively than we did last night and contain their shooters.

the way we control our fouls is something i have thought

Mar 14, 2014, 10:53 AM

a lot about.

it certainly has to do with coaching. it hasnt been long ago that the joke of the league was how many fouls we would have. think about all the 'foul on booker' jokes. and now, here we are in 2014 with brownell and we shoot more free throws than our opponents in almost every game we play.

the same goes for free throw shooting, got to give this staff a lot of credit for these 2 things

Re: the way we control our fouls is something i have thought

Mar 14, 2014, 11:13 AM

It is great to play defense the way that the tigers play it every possession but it especially nice to see them do it without foolish, costly fouls. It is coaching!

Tonight Harrison and Blossongame will need to contribute earlier in the game. I hope McD can hang on for this game until its over. It took Hall a little while to get going last night. I don't think it will tonight. Roper has moved back into the lineup just as we hoped he would. I expect a dozen points from him against Duke.

Noke spectated quite a bit in early half

Mar 14, 2014, 12:02 PM

watching players drive and score in the paint area where he should have help-D'd. He just stood there. No wonder no fouls. That's the other side of it. Sometimes a player not fouling isn't taking enough risks and isn't hustling, or is playing from a position of fear.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,059
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic