Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kirsten Powers: Crush Planned Parenthood
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Kirsten Powers: Crush Planned Parenthood

Jul 22, 2015, 11:23 AM

Caught in stomach-turning video, all it can apologize for is the tone.

" A second undercover video released Tuesday shows another Planned Parenthood official talking about using a “less crunchy” way to perform abortions while preserving salable fetal tissue.

This is stomach-turning stuff. But the problem here is not one of tone. It’s the crushing. It’s the organ harvesting of fetuses that abortion-rights activists want us to believe have no more moral value than a fingernail. It’s the lie that these are not human beings worthy of protection. There is no nice way to talk about this. As my friend and former Obama White House staffer Michael Wear tweeted, “It should bother us as a society that we have use for aborted human organs, but not the baby that provides them.”

Richards worked to discredit the video by complaining it was “heavily edited.” But the nearly three-hour unedited video — a nauseating journey through the inner workings of the abortion industry — was posted at the same time as the edited video. Richards intoned menacingly that the video was “secretly recorded.” So what? When Mitt Romney was caught by “secret video” making his 47% remarks, the means of attaining the information was not the focus of the story."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2015/07/21/planned-parenthood-abortion-fetus-parts-kirsten-powers/30426475/

At least one sane liberal is speaking out about this infanticide.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okay, let's everyone step back a moment

Jul 22, 2015, 12:04 PM

Clearly the Planned Parenthood videos warrant investigation and insight. And you don't like them performing abortions? Fair enough. I don't like abortion, either. But let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater (no pun intended... seriously).

Only three percent of Planned Parenthood services involve abortion, and none of the federal funding they receive can go towards those abortions. That's the law.

They provide cancer prevention services for women, STD prevention, and several other health services that far outweigh their abortion services.

Do they need some looking into in light of recent events? Absolutely. But the whole "let's destroy them altogether because, uh, libtards" mentality is pretty short-sighted.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Okay, let's everyone step back a moment

Jul 22, 2015, 12:19 PM

If a woman goes into pp for an abortion but doesn't have insurance and can't pay, who pays?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suppose the woman has to find a way.

Jul 22, 2015, 1:11 PM

Because Planned Parenthood can't pay for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: I suppose the woman has to find a way.

Jul 22, 2015, 1:15 PM

They have payment plans. If the woman ends up not paying, who pays?

Is it written off, charged off, or what?

I'm just wondering how the go about making sure the Dr, etc is paid if the woman ends up not making all the payments

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I imagine they can pursue avenues to collect payment

Jul 22, 2015, 1:27 PM

Just like any organization/company out there.

They send an inverted Repo Man out to reinsert the fetus.***

Jul 22, 2015, 2:50 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2015, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Okay, let's everyone step back a moment ]

STD prevention?? Handing out condoms? That is the only "prevention" that there is and in most cases that doesn't prevent STD's. So what are you talking about? If that is what they do that is so important, you can get condors at the health department or hospital for free.

Nice try at deflection though.

I thought you had me on ignore.***

Jul 22, 2015, 1:11 PM

Re: I thought you had me on ignore.***

Jul 22, 2015, 1:13 PM

Answer the question. How do they prevent STD's? More specifically in a way that the health department or hospital doesn't.

I will as soon as you...

Explain why you lied about having me on ignore.

Be honest. You thought you'd get more thumbs up, huh?

Re: I will as soon as you...

Jul 22, 2015, 1:46 PM

I cant ignore you ########. I am not a donor.

If I said I was ignoring you it was because you were inserting dubious comments into a thread and wouldnt back them up.

Re: I thought you had me on ignore.***

Jul 22, 2015, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought you had me on ignore.*** ]

you really need to know how condoms prevent the spread of stds?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be gentle, Balm.

Jul 22, 2015, 1:19 PM

I have a feeling wtrskier's sexual experiences might be a little limited.

Re: Be gentle, Balm.

Jul 22, 2015, 1:20 PM

LOL

Jul 22, 2015, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Be gentle, Balm. ]

unfortunately his parents did not know how to use them either.

Jul 22, 2015, 1:51 PM

unfortunately your arguments to that try and protect Planned Parenthood show how sick you and your Liberal friends have become. The inability to show that PP is killing children in NYC at a rate higher than the birth rate should show you that Liberals are really the ones who do not believe black lives matter. All the while with a black man in office.

Jul 22, 2015, 2:52 PM

I have yet to defend planned parenthood, I was just clarifying whether or not you knew how condoms worked.

Honestly, though

Jul 22, 2015, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought you had me on ignore.*** ]

You don't know how condoms prevent STDs?

Re: Honestly, though

Jul 22, 2015, 1:49 PM

HPV, Herpes, AIDS and Hepatitis can all spread with use of a condom. Its a freaking birth control form, not a STD barrier.

The idea though that you are trying to sell Planned Parenthood by saying they help prevent STD's is laughable and shows just how idiotic you Liberals have become.

Holy crap.

Jul 22, 2015, 1:55 PM

I think maybe my joke about your limited experiences may have been more accurate than I thought. Are you one of those abstinence only type of guys?

Condoms are 97 percent effective in preventing the spread of STIs. I mean, if you don't get that...

Re: Honestly, though

Jul 22, 2015, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Honestly, though ]

Tell me about shedding. Or how a cut above the ##### or ###### in a sexual encounter cannot cause hepatitis.

I have an RN degree along with health science, dont start with me jackwad.

Clearly not a good record in math.

Jul 22, 2015, 2:07 PM

They're 97 percent effective. So yes, three percent of them create problems.

Sure is a lot better than none at all, correct?

You do understand that PP's work with STDs is more than just passing out condoms, right?

Jul 22, 2015, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Okay, let's everyone step back a moment ]

Can't you also get condoms at many high schools now?

Jul 22, 2015, 1:14 PM

I wish they would hand them out in churches, synagogues, and the church of Scientology.

Only ultra thin and French ticklers tho, I'll be in line ????

Why should they be federally funded at all?....

Jul 22, 2015, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Okay, let's everyone step back a moment ]

I say that as I agree in general with your sentiment, but why should federal funds being funding this?

State and local funds? maybe

But where is it in the scope of the federal government's powers/duties to provide preventive health care directly through a private enterprise?

Now...what i do take issue is the assertion that funds can be provided to a private enterprise for only certain services when that enterprise offers others services as well. No on can convince me that the funds are fungible from a budgeting perspective. They perform abortions in the same offices that perform other services. From the electric bill, to the management, to the secretaries, and down...they're all budgeted for under the same budget at some level. That's just common sense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why should they be federally funded at all?....

Jul 22, 2015, 1:06 PM

Exactly Flow.

If federal funds are paying utilities such as lights, phone, web; those funds are being used for abortion services.

Overall I can agree...

Jul 22, 2015, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Why should they be federally funded at all?.... ]

But I would also hate to see an increase in pregnancy through lack of contraceptives or a rise in STDs.

I'm not saying that would happen, but it's worth exploring.

Are you saying pregnancies are down because of PP?***

Jul 22, 2015, 1:10 PM

Re: Are you saying pregnancies are down because of PP?***

Jul 22, 2015, 1:13 PM
strawman.jpg(90.0 K)

So what does PP do that isn't available everywhere?***

Jul 22, 2015, 2:05 PM

Everywhere?!

Jul 22, 2015, 2:13 PM

Dude, I do not offer pap smears at my house.

Re: Everywhere?!

Jul 22, 2015, 2:41 PM

See this is the Alinksy tactics that nothing to debate. That is why you get ignored.

Re: Everywhere?!

Jul 22, 2015, 2:46 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

OK, fine...but I don't think that would be the case....

Jul 22, 2015, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Overall I can agree... ]

if PP stopped receiving federal funds. Of course, there may have to be some resource adjustments at the state and local level.

It's a good question. We don't know.

Jul 22, 2015, 1:18 PM

Three million people use Planned Parenthood for a variety of services, and it might be the only nearby or affordable option.

Cut the funding and things go sour? We don't know. I think we'd need more information.

But since none of the funding goes to abortion, are recent events valid reasons to slash their funding?

Jul 22, 2015, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Okay, let's everyone step back a moment ]

You might want to give up on the talking points from PP. That 3% figure is not accurate. Anyhow, it makes the number of abortions sound so small and the amount of money from abortions sound so small. 300,000 plus abortions a yr. by PP is not small and 165 million dollars a yr. from abortions is not chump change. I know you PP infanticide ghouls will attack the source, but the MSM and PP are not going to put the truth out.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Planned Parenthood claims to provide 11 million “services” in America each year. From this overly inflated number, they calculate that the 329,445 abortions they committed in their last reported year amounts to only 3 percent of their services.

Planned Parenthood’s 3 percent figure has been bought hook, line, and sinker by the mainstream media as proof positive that Planned Parenthood isn’t really about abortion. But if you take even a cursory look at Planned Parenthood’s own data, that claim begins to unravel and quickly.

Planned Parenthood’s latest report states that it performed “11 million services during nearly five million clinical visits.” So, now their abortion number jumps to 6.6 percent of clinic visits were for abortions. That’s right 6.6 percent of all visits to Planned Parenthood result in an abortion.

Digging a little deeper, Planned Parenthood claims that all those “services” it provides only go to 3 million women. So by it’s own admission, 11 percent of the women that visit a Planned Parenthood clinic in any given year obtain an abortion there.

What about some of the other “services” Planned Parenthood claims it provides? Prenatal services (those services provided to women who choose to keep their baby) account for a measly 0.28 percent off all services provided. Moreover, the 841 adoption referrals made by Planned Parenthood in their last reported year amount to a whopping 0.0076 percent of services rendered.

Again these services are deceptive. In 2009, Planned Parenthood reported performing 40,489 prenatal services for 7,021 prenatal clients, an average of roughly 6 services per prenatal client. Assuming an average of 6 prenatal services per client, Planned Parenthood’s current listing of 31,098 prenatal “services” could be for just over 5,000 prenatal clients. That is 5,000 prenatal clients versus well over 300,000 abortions.

Planned Parenthood’s claim that only 3 percent of its business is abortion is no different than if a car dealership claimed that it wasn’t really in the business of selling cars because the number of new car sales was only a fraction of its total services provided (financing cars, repairing cars, providing manufacture recommended maintenance for cars, cleaning car, and so forth). Of course no one would believe such an outrageous claim. Sure, a car dealership does all of those things, but its purpose is to sell cars.

The abortion industry is no different. The abortion industry, led by Planned Parenthood, is about committing abortion. Sure they provide some other services, but when your only self-sustaining revenue source is one thing and you are responsible for 40 percent of that one thing in the entire nation, that is what you are about. Planned Parenthood is about abortion.

According to Planned Parenthood’s own apologist, Media Matters, its “total revenue from abortion services was approximately $164,154,000,” a year. Accordingly, over 51 percent of Planned Parenthood’s clinic income comes from abortion.

http://www.lifenews.com/2012/09/05/media-hides-fact-planned-parenthood-does-40-of-abortions/

Message was edited by: junk yard tiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i see you are back tracking now Catahooluh

Jul 23, 2015, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Okay, let's everyone step back a moment ]

in subject and tone.

maybe having trouble sleeping defending this evil?

What part of "killing the fetus" do people not understand?***

Jul 22, 2015, 1:08 PM

This is what it's all about, right here.

Jul 22, 2015, 1:22 PM

It's not about illegality or impropriety or federal funds or whether they charge or don't charge or kind of charge for fetal bits and pieces. It's about abortion's bad and that's good because Republicans literally have no other issue that's gaining any traction anywhere besides the Trump sideshow. It was time to blow the dog whistle. HARD. So blow they do.

I wouldn't call crushing the life out of the most vulnerable

Jul 22, 2015, 1:59 PM

among us a "dog whistle." But you can live with that.

^^^Pavlovian response activated***

Jul 22, 2015, 9:13 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Sickening chicken sh|t response activated***

Jul 23, 2015, 3:39 PM

here is the most salient statement I have seen regarding this evil

Michael Wear tweeted, “It should bother us as a society that we have use for aborted human organs, but not the baby that provides them.”

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic