Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Keep reading how Muschamp stole Bryan Edwards from Clemson.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,646

Keep reading how Muschamp stole Bryan Edwards from Clemson.

Dec 18, 2015, 6:44 PM

In realty we were full up with better WR's before Edwards decided to commit to the coots. When it is all said and done Edwards may have wished he had come to Clemson as a DB.

So coots I would not get to jacked up about getting Edwards as a WR. He just was not as talented as the current core of WR's at or coming into Clemson 2015 and 2016. Plus Edwards probably wanted immediate playing time which he should get at a talent depleted gamecock football team.

So coots put the win into perspective. We could not fit him into an already talented class. So we are giving you our 2nds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keep reading how Muschamp stole Bryan Edwards from Clemson.

Dec 18, 2015, 6:50 PM

I think he would have been a great DB for Clemson. If I were Dabo I would have taken the angle that anything can happen. I would have pointed to the Mike Williams injury and let him know that it may turn out that he is needed as a receiver. Dabo may have taken this approach. Well, the ship has probably sailed unless Edwards changes his mind before NSD.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO Dabo's honesty w Bryan Edwards will pay off with future recruits.

Dec 18, 2015, 6:54 PM

We may have lost BE but gained several future big time recruits because Dabo was up front and honest with the kid and his family.

He still may change his mind and play DB for the Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMO Dabo's honesty w Bryan Edwards will pay off with future recruits.

Dec 18, 2015, 7:09 PM

I want them all to be Tigers, but not the ones that want to be Gamecocks... how can it possibly come down to two such completely different schools? I want to play in the greatest, family oriented, small-town feel place on earth with a respectable coaching staff and moderate to excellent success... or I want to be a Gamecock and play in dirty Columbia. It doesn't make sense how athletes can be torn between such school choices. If you told me you were torn between Clemson and Auburn I would understand... Or USCe and USF... But not Clemson and USCe...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe Bryan Edwards has some Eskimo blood in him and he bought some Ice!***

Dec 18, 2015, 7:17 PM

Re: IMO Dabo's honesty w Bryan Edwards will pay off with future recruits.

Dec 18, 2015, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re: IMO Dabo's honesty w Bryan Edwards will pay off with future recruits. ]

He's from Conway ( Coot Country ) , had a relative or two that attended both USuC and CU , so you can see how he could be torn .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Unless he wants to stay in state and play for an FBS team

Dec 18, 2015, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Re: IMO Dabo's honesty w Bryan Edwards will pay off with future recruits. ]

And also is insistent on being a wr. That was my interpretation of the situation. He could have been a good to great defensive back on an excellent team, but he has chosen to be an ok to good (I'm basing this mostly on how he will likely be used and the qb talent) wide receiver on a bad to ok team.

Some don't want a family atmosphere

Dec 18, 2015, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: IMO Dabo's honesty w Bryan Edwards will pay off with future recruits. ]

they want to get high and chill at the whitney

makes no sense, he was committed to them first

Dec 18, 2015, 6:54 PM

If anything, the story should be about how we almost stole a former USC commit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: makes no sense, he was committed to them first

Dec 18, 2015, 7:08 PM

Only lost by 5 points or something like that haha

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2015, 7:15 PM [ in reply to makes no sense, he was committed to them first ]

> If anything, the story should be about how we almost
> stole a former USC commit.

And only lost by 5 points or so haha

Dec 18, 2015, 7:16 PM [ in reply to makes no sense, he was committed to them first ]

Stole him for a position he didn't even want to play. Really and still almost got him. Ask when it's done how the others are doing Robinson, Jenkins, priester. Give it another thought. Look at t.j green Bryan he's thriving.

I think BE made a good decision for himself.

Dec 18, 2015, 7:33 PM

Look at our current players, 2016 class and even Davis coming back next year. His dream was to be in his natural position as WR not as a DB, and he knew WR was not going to happen. He may have even been looking at a RS year anyway. He wants to be a WR and play as a Freshman. If I was him it would be a no brain-er if those were my goals. Now his draft stock on the next level will be against equals and THE WRU. I think Dabo did the young man a favor also with his honesty. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is excited about getting his #### whooped weak in and

Dec 18, 2015, 7:49 PM

weak out in the SEC

If we had an additional spot at WR

Dec 18, 2015, 8:18 PM

South Carolina would have been an after thought for Edwards...

They stole him from us...Lol. Coots still cootin!

Message was edited by: BicentennialTiger®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keep reading how Muschamp stole Bryan Edwards from Clemson.

Dec 18, 2015, 10:17 PM

He would have a better chance to catch more passes playing safety at Clemson than WR at USC under Muskchamp.

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,646
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic