Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deon fell this far
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Deon fell this far

Apr 28, 2018, 3:41 PM

Because of KB. Sure, he had too many drops. But, he has true deep threat potential. His lack of production stems from KB’s inability to throw the deep ball with any kind of consistency. With a better QB, he would have been a 1,000+ yard 10+ TD WR.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doubt it. NFL teams are mostly drafting on potential

Apr 28, 2018, 3:49 PM

not college stats.

Keep in mind, it was his choice to leave. He could have

Apr 28, 2018, 3:50 PM

Benefited greatly from one more year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keep in mind, it was his choice to leave. He could have

Apr 28, 2018, 4:44 PM

He wouldn’t have been drafted it he came back to Clemson with KB as his QB. Smart decision to leave early if you ask me.

Apr 28, 2018, 6:10 PM

Coots gonna coot

Apr 29, 2018, 12:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Keep in mind, it was his choice to leave. He could have ]

I’m not a big fan of TUing someone with that low of a pulse, but I have to agree with what you’re saying there. I saw Cain comeback for more balls this year than ever before. He already has questions about drops, he needs a QB that sets him up perfectly as often as possible. Another year of KB and there are no guarantees. Now, give him someone early in the year that can throw the bomb consistently and Cain’s stock would have risen. Mind you, OL play has a large role here. Maybe KB can throw a beautiful bomb and wasn’t getting time. I also saw that some this year. It’s a tough call for a young man to make and Cain made the one he felt was best for him. I can’t fault him for it, even when/if I disagree with it.

Re: Deon fell this far

Apr 28, 2018, 3:51 PM

Didn't seem to hurt Calvin Ridley to have Jalen Hurts passing to him for 2 of his 3 years, while Deon had Deshaun for 2 of his 3

Apr 28, 2018, 4:48 PM

Calvin Ridley could have been a top 10 pick. His freshman year was his best year. Jalen Hurts hurt him as well. Ridley is the best WR in this class. Deon is a top 5 WR, just didn’t have the numbers to show. His yards per catch significantly dropped and he had 4 less TDs. All of that is because of KB.

Wrong again sparky***

Apr 28, 2018, 3:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, some of you are desperate to vilify our starting QB.

Apr 28, 2018, 3:55 PM

NFL Scouts had plenty to go on with DC. If they held off on him it wasn’t his QB’s fault. i

null

Re: Man, some of you are desperate to vilify our starting QB.

Apr 28, 2018, 4:52 PM

Would have been hard to overlook 1,000+ yards and 10+ TDs. In 200 more snaps, DC had 10 more yards and 4 less TDs last year compared to his sophomore year. He was supposed to blow up. 1st All-ACC potential. His greatest skill set is his deep threat ability, while his QBs biggest weakness was his deep ball.

Apr 28, 2018, 3:55 PM

So who was DJ Moore's qb?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2018, 4:54 PM

You mean the guy that had a 1,000 yard season? I don’t know.

Apr 28, 2018, 4:25 PM

Total BS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Apr 28, 2018, 4:54 PM

Terrific rebuttal

Apr 28, 2018, 5:17 PM

Cain fell this far because he’s not an alpha receiver. His best years were with a strong 9 man receiver to take double teams while he could run fly routes with single coverage.

Last year when he was the 9 man alpha he had drop issues, couldn’t create enough separation to be a high round draft pick. I think he will be successful in the NFL but he needs a Nuk or Mike Williams to draw double teams.

I’m not sure he starts at Clemson this year with The emergence of Higgins at 9 and Amari at 2. Maybe Cain could have gotten reps at 5 to rest Renfrow.

^^^^This Ratcheer^^^^

Apr 28, 2018, 5:24 PM

Amen. KB didn't help, but many times Cain didn't either. The WRs will be much better in 2018. Hopefully QB will show the same improvement.

Apr 29, 2018, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Deon fell this far ]

“Cain faced the 5th most targets against press coverage in 2017 catching 54.8% of those passes. Without Deshaun Watson his deep target catch % dropped from 43.8% in 2016 to 23.5% in 2017.”

The significant drop in percentage of deep target catch % is because of KB. His inability to throw the ball vertically, Cain’s strength, made his numbers look mediocre. He would have easily been a 1,000+ yard and 10+ TD WR with a better QB. And with those numbers, he would have been 1st team All-ACC. He would have gotten drafted as high as the 1st or as low as the 3rd.

so what?***

Apr 29, 2018, 12:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

This Is FGF level

Apr 29, 2018, 11:28 AM

troll.

Apr 29, 2018, 11:43 AM

DJ Moore is a great example. He had several QBs over his tenure. MD had a roving QB situation, but his still produced. I wished the Raven's had signed him. Ridley . . . .?? -I think Cain could produce as much as Ridley. I do think Cain should have stayed. I'd like to see him with Trevor throwing to him.

Apr 29, 2018, 12:03 PM

If it was based off of stats Josh Allen wouldn’t have been drafted.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic