Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good Flip Flops...whatcha wearing?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Good Flip Flops...whatcha wearing?

Apr 19, 2018, 11:26 AM

I'm looking at these...What else is good?

https://www.zappos.com/p/the-north-face-base-camp-plus-flip-flop-falcon-brown-tibetan-orange-prior-season/product/8641527/color/739953

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Olukai's, only shoes I wear outside of work***

Apr 19, 2018, 11:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What he said.***

Apr 19, 2018, 11:29 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

got 2 pairs of olukai shoes, but no flops...

Apr 19, 2018, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Olukai's, only shoes I wear outside of work*** ]

seems like yous guise like them

wearing these right now
https://www.rei.com/product/789917/olukai-moloa-shoes-mens

and got these for summer-y slumming for when something between flops and 'nicer' shoes are needed...but man, do they stink BAD
https://www.rei.com/product/864982/olukai-nohea-mesh-shoes-mens

flops, I got some Sanuk beer-cozy's...SUPER comfy, but i've worn them thin...they're my leading choice for a new pair

also picked up some Chaco flops (no heel strap) for some sturdier arch support that the Sanuk's don't have. They're ok. luckily, they've got some orange in them

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got PFG shoes that look similar to those

Apr 19, 2018, 1:19 PM

They also stink. I basically quit wearing them after I got the Olukai flip flops.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bought one pair of PFG's

Apr 19, 2018, 1:25 PM

after getting them wet a few times, the strap ripped out.

Mine are the shoes

Apr 19, 2018, 1:32 PM

Look like this. They comfortable, but my feet get hot in the summer. They also don't dry very quickly.

I was going to get a pair of those.

Apr 19, 2018, 1:41 PM

Just didn't, not sure why. I saw them at West Marine, so they probably didn't have my size.

Surprisingly, the Oukai shoes that are mesh are kind of hot on my feet, too:

these

Apr 19, 2018, 1:44 PM

I've decided my feet just get too hot for shoes

Apr 19, 2018, 1:54 PM

Flip flops are the only way.

Southern Tide FlipJacks.

Apr 19, 2018, 11:30 AM

https://www.southerntide.com/collections/accessories-flipjacks/products/mens-sand-flipjacks

Look like expensive Zep Pro

Apr 19, 2018, 11:32 AM

Olukai are the most comfortable flip flops ever made.

FIGHT ME

If that's what you like, wear 'em.

Apr 19, 2018, 11:36 AM

You asked what we were wearing.

I also have a pair of these:

Re: Southern Tide FlipJacks.

Apr 19, 2018, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Southern Tide FlipJacks. ]

$70 for a pair of flip flops? Good lord. I'd rather go barefoot

I think the Olukais are about $65 now

Apr 19, 2018, 11:42 AM

but they do have some awesome arch support. The zep pros are just flat.

Does Ferragamo not make flip flops?

Apr 19, 2018, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Southern Tide FlipJacks. ]

Sorry, "European thongs"?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rainbows...and I don't like any others.

Apr 19, 2018, 11:31 AM

Although maybe I am just being closed minded.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

The leather ones dry your feat out and make your

Apr 19, 2018, 11:32 AM

heels crack

Not mine for some reason.

Apr 19, 2018, 11:41 AM

I haven't worn shoes in years either, other than on a run or a hike, and I rarely do those.

^^ this man is correct***

Apr 19, 2018, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Rainbows...and I don't like any others. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Chaco***

Apr 19, 2018, 11:31 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you can customize to be Grateful Dead bears

Apr 19, 2018, 11:38 AM

or bolts. This was not available when I bought mine so I may be getting a new pair.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm still mad that they discontinued the Hipthong

Apr 19, 2018, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Chaco*** ]

The originals were the best flip flops ever made.

Yep, I got a pair of those from College, still going strong

Apr 19, 2018, 11:44 AM

but I think I left them at the lakehouse last year cause I haven't seen them in a while. OR they met the same fate as my Birkenstock Bostons...RIP

^^ This guy is granola

Apr 19, 2018, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Chaco*** ]

I bought a pair and they never quite seemed to fit right. I was right between sizes my foot was either too short for the larger size or too long for the shorter size. So I returned them and never looked back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet you have hairy armpits, you wookie.***

Apr 19, 2018, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Chaco*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i really liked the pair i had

Apr 19, 2018, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Chaco*** ]

only complaint, they are heavy as chit for flip flops

Had a pair of these in AZ, which means I wore them

Apr 19, 2018, 11:33 AM

8-9 months out of the year, and they lasted for 6 or 7 years. Tough af. $50. The straps finally got loose enough to be annoying, so I replaced them prolly 4 years ago.

And then pretty much quit wearing flip flops when I discovered these:

TLDR: skip the flops and get the Muk Luks. Dum name, killer summer shoe.

Re: Good Flip Flops...whatcha wearing?

Apr 19, 2018, 11:50 AM

Why did you eat part of the heel?***

Apr 19, 2018, 11:55 AM

ROH

I don't like that thing in my toe

Apr 19, 2018, 11:54 AM

and they always seem to turn sideways on me. I need cork sandals to come back into fashion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TWSS***

Apr 19, 2018, 12:50 PM

if it doesnt have a bottle opener on the sole

Apr 19, 2018, 11:58 AM

it sucks!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just have to use the same lighter you use for the bowl.****

Apr 19, 2018, 12:03 PM

Re: if it doesnt have a bottle opener on the sole

Apr 19, 2018, 12:27 PM [ in reply to if it doesnt have a bottle opener on the sole ]

Nothing beats bending over to crack open an ice cold brew and realizing that at some point, you stepped in dog/cat crap.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I had 3 pairs of those Reef Fannings...loved them

Apr 19, 2018, 1:07 PM [ in reply to if it doesnt have a bottle opener on the sole ]

despite that nasty bottle opener.

I'm 2 years into a pair of the rubber Rainbows.

Apr 19, 2018, 12:00 PM

Apr 19, 2018, 12:12 PM

Apr 19, 2018, 12:22 PM

I have worn many flip flops and sandals over the years. Here are my thoughts.

Birkenstocks (Arizona) - I have had 3 or so pair of these from high school through college. Sometimes I miss them. I shuffled my feet because lazy and would wear the heal completely off of them. If you catch the wear before it leaves the rubber, they can be resoled for maybe $50, once it starts eating in to the cork, you may as well ride them to the ground.

Rainbow leather - I had a number of these as well. Leather gets slippery when wet and I have had the center thong break or pull out many times. This is the common failure mode for this shoe. The heal crack thought is interesting. Now that you mention it, I think I had the same issue.

Rainbow Hemp (fish and plain brown) - I have had 3 pair of these over the year as well. I found the first pair at a pool... somebody must have left barefooted. Those are maybe my favorite. When the fish ones first came out, people would always comment on them. Maybe not so much anymore. They're much better than their leather counterparts, for sure.

Reef Cushion Bounce Phantom - I had a pair of these that I bought on Edisto when I forgot to bring flip flops. They didn't last long and weren't very good. Won't buy again or recommend.

OluKai (Moloa) - these aren't sandals, but more like top-siders. I got lazy and smashed down the heal, so they became slipons. These were studs and lasted me a very long time. Nice shoes but expensive. Mama got me these as a gift.

Sanuk (Fraid Not) - This is what I have now. They seem to be pretty good. Possibly on par with the hemp Rainbows.

My facebook newsfeed keeps getting stuffed with ads for Hari Mari sandals. Anybody have any experience with them?

Also, I've never been a Teva guy, but these Grateful Dead ones that Greenr mentioned have me interested.

Also, Crocs, I have had a million crocs over the years, but not any more. These things are officially a faux pas, right?

Apr 19, 2018, 12:29 PM

ryanadidas said:

I have worn many flip flops and sandals over the years. Here are my thoughts.

Birkenstocks (Arizona) - I have had 3 or so pair of these from high school through college. Sometimes I miss them. I shuffled my feet because lazy and would wear the heal completely off of them. If you catch the wear before it leaves the rubber, they can be resoled for maybe $50, once it starts eating in to the cork, you may as well ride them to the ground.

Rainbow leather - I had a number of these as well. Leather gets slippery when wet and I have had the center thong break or pull out many times. This is the common failure mode for this shoe. The heal crack thought is interesting. Now that you mention it, I think I had the same issue.

Rainbow Hemp (fish and plain brown) - I have had 3 pair of these over the year as well. I found the first pair at a pool... somebody must have left barefooted. Those are maybe my favorite. When the fish ones first came out, people would always comment on them. Maybe not so much anymore. They're much better than their leather counterparts, for sure.

Reef Cushion Bounce Phantom - I had a pair of these that I bought on Edisto when I forgot to bring flip flops. They didn't last long and weren't very good. Won't buy again or recommend.

OluKai (Moloa) - these aren't sandals, but more like top-siders. I got lazy and smashed down the heal, so they became slipons. These were studs and lasted me a very long time. Nice shoes but expensive. Mama got me these as a gift.

Sanuk (Fraid Not) - This is what I have now. They seem to be pretty good. Possibly on par with the hemp Rainbows.

My facebook newsfeed keeps getting stuffed with ads for Hari Mari sandals. Anybody have any experience with them?

Also, I've never been a Teva guy, but these Grateful Dead ones that Greenr mentioned have me interested.

Also, Crocs, I have had a million crocs over the years, but not any more. These things are officially a faux pas, right?

Please disregard this message. The only answer is http://rogansshoes.com/data/default/images/catalog/385/AD_044264_BWH1.JPG

oh for fuksake

Apr 19, 2018, 12:30 PM

it's supposed to be an adidas shoe. it was a joke.

Apr 19, 2018, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Good Flip Flops...whatcha wearing? ]

winner winner.

The studded design feels so ####### good when wearing socks too. I wouldn't suggest wearing this type without socks.

Owned 2 pair like this. Lost 1 and dogs chewed up another

Uh..

Apr 19, 2018, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Good Flip Flops...whatcha wearing? ]

Paging Lakebum1®. Can you give an official response to the "feaux pas" line?

TEVA? Chaco is not TEVA. Not to mention, those custom

Apr 19, 2018, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Good Flip Flops...whatcha wearing? ]

Grateful Dead Chacos are $80.

WOAH LDR FUCBOI

Apr 19, 2018, 1:51 PM

SLOW DOWN A PINCH WITH FLASHING YOUR MONEY AROUND LIKE THIS

Re: WOAH LDR FUCBOI

Apr 19, 2018, 1:52 PM

Re: TEVA? Chaco is not TEVA. Not to mention, those custom

Apr 19, 2018, 2:09 PM [ in reply to TEVA? Chaco is not TEVA. Not to mention, those custom ]

I realized that after I typed it.

I've never owned either.

How do they compare to Birkenstocks?

Completely different. There is a hard rubber sole on the

Apr 19, 2018, 2:20 PM

Chaco and TBH, they have changed it a good bit over the years. I have had 3 pairs of flops and one pair of sandals. The only reason I have had 3 pairs of flops is the old dog (RIP) chewed up one of each of the first pair. I still wear them, but not in public. She didn't do too much damage, just enough to #### me off. Anyways, the soles do rub down to being slick after 7-10 years. My new ones are awesome, probably got them last year or the year before. The don't fall apart and will not wear through like Birks do after a while. I had some Bostons in college that I wore out, re-soled, and wore again. I think my wife threw them away or I would still be wearing them.

I suggest you go this route:

Apr 19, 2018, 12:23 PM

so you don't have to buy both a casual and a formal pair of flip flops.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2018, 2:03 PM

I used to get spanked with flip flops. Thing is, my dad would drive a 16 penny double-coated checker-headed nail through it before be beat me with it. I've got the scars on my face to prove it.

you make a compelling argument against

Apr 19, 2018, 2:04 PM

getting TOO much fresh air.

Apr 19, 2018, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Good Flip Flops...whatcha wearing? ]

Hot dipped, or electro-galvanized?

Hurry, I'm almost there.

Both. Sometimes at the same time.***

Apr 19, 2018, 2:08 PM

closest thing I have to a pair of flipflops

Apr 19, 2018, 2:27 PM

is a pair of Chucks that look very similar to this:

Maybe a tad more intact than the ones pictured. Those are my go-to beach/boat/jeep muddin'/mow-the-lawn shoes. Trash them and throw them in the washing machine, the perfect footwear. No stank, unlike those gross sandals.

Keen's Waimea

Apr 19, 2018, 8:03 PM

https://www.keenfootwear.com/p/M-WAIMEA-H2.html

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic