Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
KB will start and should
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

KB will start and should

Aug 23, 2018, 8:58 AM

IMO, it would detrimentally hurt the CU Football Program and recruiting for years to come if TL started in front of KB. Not to say that KB couldn't lose the starting position but just based on his winning percentage, he's earned the right to be the starter for at least the first two games. If I'm a 3 to 5 star high school player I'm watching the coaching staff from afar to see how they handle a Senior who had a 12-2 record the year prior. It's KB's to lose! I do see alot of playing time for TL and some for Brice which is great and will continue to help already great recruiting! Go TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB will start and should

Aug 23, 2018, 9:02 AM

KB has to earn that start this year. Last year isn't going to help us at all. The qb position is such a polarizing concept for some reason. Were people this upset when Mitch Hyatt started as a true freshman or when Dexter Lawrence started as true freshman?

I do think he will earn the start game 1 but I would bet the snap split will be at least 60-40 and maybe more 50-50. I think this battle is that close

There is only 1 QB on the field at a time. There are more

Aug 23, 2018, 9:19 AM

than 1 DL, LB, O-Lineman, RB, WR, etc. Not the same comparison.

He will start. His passing game has improved. But can that

Aug 23, 2018, 9:04 AM

improvement transfer over to the game field when the season starts, and the pressure is on. This is what the coaches want to see. They said the same thing about Bryant in the Spring, but when the pressure was on in the Spring Game, he under-performed. He's going to start and get more than a chance. And none of those questions will be answered against Furman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: He will start. His passing game has improved. But can that

Aug 23, 2018, 9:22 AM

I think KB's case is strengthened if he airs it out against the Paladins and throws a few td passes, with some significant yardage. But not if he just runs for three scores.

Aug 23, 2018, 1:21 PM

Lol, nothing gets proved vs the Paladins much. Kelly proved last year he can throw well vs FCS schools.... Kent State, Citadel. I wouldn't expect him to do any less this time. Game 2 will tell you more than game 1 will.

Aug 23, 2018, 1:25 PM

Also played well against lewisville.

Aug 23, 2018, 1:52 PM

Yep, that's another close to FCS defense he played well against. Not too hard when you are passing against a seriously regressed defense: ^_^

Louisville Defense:
#62 total defense
#70 passing efficiency defense
#63 rushing defense.
#96 red zone defense
#70 scoring defense
#58 tackles for loss

Aug 23, 2018, 9:19 AM

I could counter your argument about recruits. If I'm looking for a school where I can compete for immediate playing time, vs. a school that favors based on seniority?

I think Dabo's success in building the program is proving that recruits do have a chance for immediate playing time. It is all determined by how hard they are willing to work, and if they can improve the team.

I don't disagree with the probability that KB starts the first game (and most likely the A&M road game), but the 12-2 record is last year. Last year doesn't factor in at all.

KB will start and should

Aug 23, 2018, 9:23 AM

if he is the QB that gives clemson the best chance to win.

just like every other position. even the water girls.

but your reasoning is flawed. if what you are saying is true Dexter wouldnt have played his freshman year. Neither would tee higgins ..and justyn ross wouldn't be at clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Well, you just opened a

Aug 23, 2018, 9:24 AM

DS has clearly said over and over and over this year.......

Aug 23, 2018, 10:02 AM

that if all is equal coming out of summer camp between KB and the other QBs that KB will start against Furman. In that case, of course he should. He's the returning starter who took us to the Final 4 last season.

Now, once TL gets a chance to play he'll move ahead of KB if TL shows on the field that he's the better player.

I don't understand why there's a controversy about this.

simple

Aug 23, 2018, 10:04 AM

controversy generates clicks..clicks generate money...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 23, 2018, 10:05 AM

Ok then, its settled! Thanks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic