Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Justyn Ross?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,882

Justyn Ross?

Aug 26, 2020, 9:51 AM

Any chance he could suit up on January 11?

Also, since the NCAA is granting everyone a redshirt year...does that mean he can save his "normal" redshirt? As can everyone else?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Justyn Ross?

Aug 26, 2020, 10:05 AM

I'm going to guess that he doesn't play even if medically cleared simply based on the recent history on how Dabo and staff handled a similar situation with Mike Williams. I know that's a little different because Ross has had more time to recover and the injuries may not be exactly the same, but I believe Williams was medically cleared by the time of the playoffs. I think they showed then that they put caution ahead of winning, and when it comes to the neck you can't be too cautious IMO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2020, 10:14 AM

No way. Don’t forget as of right now it’s not a guarantee he will play again but I pray he does. He’s going to be out for the season minimally just because they want to learn more about it. But hell I’d love to be wrong and see him out there immediately.

Aug 26, 2020, 10:29 AM

Keep in mind too that it's not just about the neck healing properly, but that he would also need to regain strength and get back to full football shape before being able to get out there.

Aug 26, 2020, 10:37 AM

Don't think we'll see him his season and I'm fine with that. By the final few games we should already have developed a good routine with the current group of guys. Also if he comes back and has some lights out games he will go pro. Better to have him back for an entire season next year. All of this assumes he is ever cleared to play again of course.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,882
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic