Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Judge grants FSU RB Dalvin Cook early trial date starts 8/24
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Judge grants FSU RB Dalvin Cook early trial date starts 8/24

Aug 13, 2015, 8:18 AM

The misdemeanor battery trial for Florida State running back Dalvin Cook will begin Aug. 24 after a Leon County judge on Wednesday approved a request for an earlier date.

Cook was charged with misdemeanor battery on July 11 after allegedly punching a 21-year-old woman in the face several times during an altercation outside of a bar in June. Florida State suspended Cook indefinitely following the charge.

Cook, through his attorneys, maintains his innocence.

Jury selection begins Aug. 21. Cook was not at Wednesday's hearing because he was preparing for a school conduct code hearing.

Arraignment was originally scheduled for Sept. 2, three days before Florida State's Sept. 5 opener against Texas State. Seminoles coach Jimbo Fisher said Sunday that Cook's status with the team would not be decided until the legal process is finished, and the team took two group pictures -- one with Cook, one without.

State attorney Willie Meggs charged Cook after meeting with the alleged victim and a female witness, and Meggs told ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach he found them to be "very credible."

The alleged incident occurred the night before former Florida State quarterback De'Andre Johnson punched a woman at a bar on June 24. Johnson was kicked off the team.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13423638/judge-grants-request-earlier-trial-dalvin-cook-florida-state-seminoles

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Judge grants FSU RB Dalvin Cook early trial date starts 8/24

Aug 13, 2015, 8:34 AM

Too bad there's no video of the "student athlete" punching a woman in the face several times. Full asSaUlt would have no choice but to do the right thing like they so nobly did in the Johnson case. cough

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Aug 13, 2015, 8:55 AM

I'm just surprised that Willie Meggs is prosecuting him. Seeing he's an FSU grad and the one that decided not to charge the rapist. Even with DNA evidence. There must me something really credible here. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I work with an FSU grad. Brought up the dual team photos.

Aug 13, 2015, 9:00 AM

He said, "That's just using common sense. What could you possibly find wrong with that?"

My reply: "When Dabo suspends a player, he's not allowed to participate in any team function until he's cleared and reinstated. Jimbo's lack of control over these thugs is going to cost him his job."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Aug 13, 2015, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Judge grants FSU RB Dalvin Cook early trial date starts 8/24 ]

Missed your chance for "Female aSsaUlt"

Aug 13, 2015, 9:13 AM

The article about finding a new witness was false too. The DA said the witness was in the police report.

Cook's Attorney has this all worked out. He'll play game one

Aug 13, 2015, 9:39 AM

No one requests something like this without a deal. I bet the witness is paid off and and there's a deal with the DA office.

Re: Cook's Attorney has this all worked out. He'll play game one

Aug 13, 2015, 10:02 AM

Agreed. This has all been orchestrated, he'll get community service (maybe have to take the empty beer bottles from the bar out to the recycle bin) and play Day 1. I wish the ACC would add a few more strong academic & football schools to the conference and let FSU move on to the SEC where nobody would even notice the slime.

Re: Cook's Attorney has this all worked out. He'll play game one

Aug 13, 2015, 1:56 PM

He has to be found innocent. He can't get anything. They have speed up the trail in hopes he can play before the season. IMO kid is making a huge mistake. Take the plea go juco go to big school and then NFL. If he is found guilty of anything he gets kicked out of school. Has to sit this season and does juco next season or sits then has to play and then NFL.

I don't know why everybody's all torn up about this.

Aug 13, 2015, 2:09 PM

This is FSU's problem. The more they bail their players out the deeper they go into the rabbit hole.

Such behavior is well documented in my life. Most adults will testify with me, 'the rabbit hole has a bottom.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic