Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Johnstone Hall Documentary
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 84
| visibility 201

Johnstone Hall Documentary

Jul 20, 2016, 11:01 AM

Hello,
I am a rising Junior and will be an RA at Johnstone Hall this upcoming year. It has been said that this is the final year students will live in this historic dorm. My father, uncle, and grandfather all lived in this hall. I am a video production student and work with the athletic department at Clemson as well as other production companies in Atlanta. I will be creating a 20min documentary this upcoming school year (2016-2017) highlighting the history of Johnstone and the many stories that need to be told before it is torn down. If you or anyone you know would be interested in being in this documentary please email me at: horacep@g.clemson.edu

I plan on spending an enormous amount of time creating an enjoyable and educational documentary so the memories of Johnstone will not be lost.

Go Tigers,
Horace Priester

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Johnstone Hall Documentary

Jul 20, 2016, 11:13 AM

Great! I will be interested to see it.

I lived in E, A, new F and new A during my stay at Clemson from ''62-'66 and was on the WSBF staff (at the time located between A-8 and B-8 above the loggia). T-Mail me if you would like some tales and thoughts on it.

Good luck!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2016, 11:27 AM

Stayed on E3 my freshman year '90-'91, and "F Annex" (new F I think you called it) my soph year, in F437. Right next door to the room my dad stayed in one year, F439. He graduated in '66 also.

Shame to see the old "tin cans" go. Those two years in Johnstone were awesome, wouldn't trade those memories or the friends I made for anything.

Oh boy***

Jul 20, 2016, 11:22 AM

Already have a perfect picture for the documentary

Jul 20, 2016, 11:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Jul 20, 2016, 11:27 AM

Don't think you could tell the stories I know from living there...you'd have a M for Mature rating on that documentary. ^_^

Jul 20, 2016, 11:31 AM

We want them!

I lived in F Annex.

Jul 20, 2016, 11:28 AM

Some good stories (some I probably should not share) from my year there.

Re: I lived in F Annex.

Jul 20, 2016, 12:08 PM

I would love to hear them! Shoot me an email, horacep@g.clemson.edu

Jul 20, 2016, 11:41 AM

Lived in the "A" section behind Tillman Hall for 3 years in the early 70's. I stayed in Clemson a couple of weeks ago and walked the campus everyday. Very surprised to see my old room was still in place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2016, 11:41 AM

I was one of the last to stay in Johnstone E before it was torn down and it was a piece of ####. The walls were aluminum, the air units rarely worked, above the gun closet you could actually slide a door and go right into your neighbor's room, false fire alarms 3x a week, roaches, the list goes on and on. I think the coolest thing about Johnstone E was probably being able to #### in the sink in your room when you were too drunk / lazy to walk down the hall to the communal bathroom that was shared by everyone on your floor. Smh. Worst dorms ever.

LOL! What floor? I was in it I think the last year.

Jul 20, 2016, 12:23 PM

We played hall ball... football in the hall and knocked the top panel out that held the whole wall up and it fell over. We used furniture in the rooms the wall was falling down to prop it up.

My roommate was putting his iron up on the shelf above the rifle rack and that panel fell down. We both kinda leaned over to look through the hole and saw our next door roommates leaning over looking through the hole back at us. We just decided to go with it and made a suite.

Re: LOL! What floor? I was in it I think the last year.

Jul 20, 2016, 12:54 PM

Great Story!! Would you be interested in being in the film? We are shooting in Clemson this fall.

Re: LOL! What floor? I was in it I think the last year.

Jul 20, 2016, 6:23 PM [ in reply to LOL! What floor? I was in it I think the last year. ]

Haha. Bro, that's hilarious. Too many stories from that year man. I was on the top floor, '98. Such a terrible building. I look at the dorms these new students get to stay in these days and consider demanding a refund. I'll never forget waking up at 3am one time to a palmetto bug crawling through my armpit onto my chest! I can still fn imagine that feeling. #### that place.

Jul 20, 2016, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Johnstone Hall Documentary ]

E520, fall 98 here. I second the fire alarms. As annoying as it was, it was fun to have girls scatter like cockroaches back to the Shoeboxes or honors dorms.

And taking a whiz in the sink was a great luxury at 4am.

Jul 20, 2016, 6:26 PM

E6 brother! Same year. Do you remember when someone on your floor #### in the showers and we had to evacuate the building for an afternoon because it was a "public health hazard"? And thanks for the reminders about the girls... Lol. I always admired the shameless ones, the ones that would just go outside holding their breasts in their hands. We weren't even allowed to have females in the dorm in those days after a certain hour, remember? The RA's woukd always be pissed. And ditto on the sink man, lol. So fn gross but those bathrooms were just too fn far some nights!

Jul 20, 2016, 6:37 PM

I was in Johnstone A in 97-98. My housing had fallen through and I was a last minute addition to the dorm.

I remember we used to write all over the walls with markers and just clean them with nail polish remover.

Jul 20, 2016, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Johnstone Hall Documentary ]

Ahh yes, the Phantom schitter. Forgot about that one!

Jul 20, 2016, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Johnstone Hall Documentary ]

Whizzing in the sink was a given.

Jul 21, 2016, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Johnstone Hall Documentary ]

^^^^ "...the air units rarely worked," - So, you lived in the "EXECUTIVE" suite and you're complaining. I lived in B and AC was non-existent. We didn't need frying pans in our room, so we just laid eggs and bacon in a pan outside our open window.

Only a Yankee could complain about AC not working sometimes.

JK - :) But - "E" was nice IMO. We took tours just to see how the rich folk lived.

Jul 21, 2016, 3:15 PM

Lol. If you're not complaining about 100 degrees in a tin box, on the top floor... It's time for some serious self-evaluation! :)

Jul 21, 2016, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Johnstone Hall Documentary ]

You can still do that in the Shoeboxes? The sink thing...

lol....to get a completely different viewpoint,

Jul 20, 2016, 11:52 AM

you oughta contact some former university policemen whose headquarters forever was across the street from Johnstone (and maybe wisely so)....I feel certain they'd have some interesting stories.....and if you contact Fluor, they can probably put you in touch with some of the folks who were involved in the original construction (although, like me and Apex, they've earned a few gray hairs)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lol....to get a completely different viewpoint,

Jul 20, 2016, 12:09 PM

Thats a fantastic idea!

It better be rated X, or at least R....

Jul 20, 2016, 11:54 AM

or you probably can't use most of my stories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Johnstone Hall Documentary- in the 70's there was

Jul 20, 2016, 11:58 AM

a guy named Joe Diecheck (sp). He was big in ROTC and used to use the long hallway to pack his parachute. I mention because he was in the failed mission to rescue the hostages in Iran a few years later. You should try to find him if he is still around.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2016, 12:09 PM

Good idea to preserve history. T mail me and we'll figure out a way to talk if you want my perspective of D 3 from 1973-1975...

Look forward to this***

Jul 20, 2016, 12:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Jul 20, 2016, 12:34 PM

Horace,

Go to the Beta Heta page on Facebook. Beta Heta was the 8th floor in B-section. There is a wealth of information there. At one point, it actually chartered as an organization of Clemson University. Email me if want more information.

Steve Slice
SPSlice@yahoo.com

I lived on B-8 from 1977-79

Jul 20, 2016, 2:38 PM

Were you there then?

B- 802?

and

B-835?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I lived on B-8 from 1977-79

Jul 20, 2016, 8:36 PM

Worst hangover I ever had was after a B8 hall party. We had a "Jim Jones Jungle Juice" party...trash cans full of Hawaiian Punch and Everclear. The hall was decorated using bushes liberated from some building on campus. Fall `83 I think, LOL

I have to say I (sort of) remember that party. Lived on E3

Jul 21, 2016, 6:28 PM

but had some friends on B8. Great (?) memories!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^^^ Dude Loved him some PJ jungle jiuce

Jul 22, 2016, 10:23 AM

I have the pics somewhere .....

me, well, ... I never ....

null

Easiest doors ever to lock someone in with a penny

Jul 20, 2016, 1:23 PM

Also, the 2 inch clearance at the bottom of the doors was great for filling up album covers with shaving cream and stomping it out into the room from the hall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Easiest doors ever to lock someone in with a penny

Jul 20, 2016, 1:41 PM

I remember that. Also with that crack, I recall someone going to a bait shop and buging a ton of crickets and letting them go in someone's room. What fun!

Could also drive a 2x4 between the knob and the wall to lock

Jul 21, 2016, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Easiest doors ever to lock someone in with a penny ]

someone in. Just like the pennies, if they did not have a pair of pliers to turn that small lock handle, they were only getting out through the window.

Jul 20, 2016, 1:31 PM

R.I.P. B9.

Jul 20, 2016, 1:39 PM

once caught a roach in my room (the 6 legged kind) and threw it out the 3rd story window and heard it hit the pavement below.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

E5 87-88 lots of carnage after football games***

Jul 20, 2016, 1:55 PM

Jul 20, 2016, 2:40 PM

We figured out we could high kick and slam your foot onto the hall wall at the right spot and knock the phone receiver off the hook from outside the room. It Came in handy when someone was gone for the weekend and the phone rang all weekend.

i lived in Johnstone during my time at Clemson. Great

Jul 20, 2016, 2:56 PM

great memories. I look forward to viewing your documentary. It is a great idea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Johnstone story ever.

Jul 20, 2016, 5:57 PM

I don't want to be in a documentary, but I will be glad to share my favorite Johnstone story.

The year was 1994, and parts of Johnstone had already been closed. I lived in E3 which was still being used at the time. I think I was in E305, but I'm not positive of the room number. Anyway, as you know Johnstone is famous for its thin walls.

So one day my roommate and I got back from class about the same time. It was probably around 10:00am or so. The two guys who lived next door were both from New Jersey and I had just moved in as freshmen a few weeks earlier. It was probably sometime around late September or early October. Anyway, as my roommate and I are sitting there, a call comes in next door and the phone rings four times. Apparently no one is in the room and the answering machine picks up (with the volume on HIGH). On the other end is a female voice. She is crying. She leaves a message on the machine that the test was positive. She's pregnant! She took the test three times just to be sure. She was scared and does not know what to do, and to please call her. Then she hangs up.

My roommate and I looked at each other with eyes as wide as saucers. We then opened the door and stuck our head out into the hall. There were no less than 6 people who did exactly the same thing in surrounding rooms. We all asked "Did you hear that?". Everyone heard it.

About a week later one of the two guys next door was gone. Never saw him again. But the next year a guy on the hall was thinking about some cool Johnstone t-shirt slogans. We settled on this one:

JOHNSTONE: "Where you know your neighbor is going to be a father before he does."

This is not made up. It's 100% accurate as far as I can recall. I can put you in touch with my roommate that year if you need someone else to verify the story. Tmail me if interested.

Thanks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

:) Sounds like the Johnstone I remember. And you might as

Jul 20, 2016, 6:27 PM

well put it in the documentary; its already on Wikipedia. So, that was you, huh?

That was so Johnstone. In another question here I mentioned that my girlfriend got pregnant during our junior year. Not a lot of panic - except from parents - and we spend a lot of time in the Loggia canteen planning how we were going to make it all work. I was not ashamed of it per se, but you can imagine that I didn't tell anyone at first. Maybe my roommate, but I don't think so. Heck, in less than a week every single last one of them knew. All 60-something of them. She and I might as well have done weekly updates together in a hall meeting.

And that was a good thing. I heard a person say recently, "We have to ask ourselves if we have the courage to be who we actually are in front of people, rather than the person we want them to see." Heck, in Johnstone you didn't have a choice. Its was all out there. And once you got used to it, it was a very comfortable thing. Home.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BTW, we made it fine. So far so good.***

Jul 20, 2016, 6:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't put it on wikipedia, but someone obviously heard my

Jul 20, 2016, 8:15 PM [ in reply to :) Sounds like the Johnstone I remember. And you might as ]

story. I'll vouch for it and I can provide a witness. Actually 3 I still keep in touch with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. There is/was no other dorm like Johnstone

Jul 20, 2016, 8:19 PM [ in reply to :) Sounds like the Johnstone I remember. And you might as ]

Every friend from Clemson I keep in touch with 20+ years later also lived in Johnstone. Except my wife. They wouldn't let her move in.

:)***

Jul 20, 2016, 10:04 PM

Jul 20, 2016, 6:06 PM

Great idea, I would definitely be interested in seeing the final product.

I lived in E375 (I thinks that was the number) Fall '95-Spring '96. I heard all my dad's stories about the place & they didn't disappoint. It was always fun to come in at 7 am on a weekend, slam the door & hear the guys all down the hallway b!tching because it woke everyone up. Great times were had there, & life long friends made as well.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Jul 20, 2016, 6:35 PM

B8 `82-84
E3 84-85

Anybody remember crawling around on the ledges?
What about sitting on the ledges of D & E section with large score cards and rating the coeds who walked thru the underpass?

Jul 20, 2016, 6:37 PM

or the really drunk guy who was diving from the ledges of E section into the bushes while wearing a Pickens football helmet? LOL

Jul 20, 2016, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Johnstone Hall Documentary ]

By the time I get to D3 in '85, the windows had a block tack welded at a point where you crack the windows a bit, but couldn't get out on the ledges.

I hope the statue of limitations had run out lol. One semester I lived in Johnstone with 2 Clemson

Jul 20, 2016, 6:38 PM

Students. They put their beds on stilts while I sleep on the sofa below under one of the beds. The RA just thought I came down to visit a lot. He had no idea I was living there all the time. I ate in the dining hall and even played intramural softball at Clemson and even attended Johnstone hall meetings. One of the Clemson students was by best friend from high school so I paid him and his roommate to let me stay with them for that semester. I was attending Tri County Tech while living in Johnstone.

One weekend I went home while my 2 roommates stayed in Clemson. When I left I set my alarm clock to go off at 4 am Saturday so my roommates would have get out of their beds built on those 4" x 4" post to shut it off. For those of you that remember there was not a lot of room from the bed to the ceiling. Those beds were hard to get out of especially in the middle of the night.

They did get even. I had a daily ritual of getting up at 6:45 and going to Hardee's for a biscuit. Then I would drive over to Tech for classes. One night my roommates adjusted the time on my clock but left my alarm set to still go off at 6:45 am. I did not notice anything different until I walked over to Hardee's and they were closed. I knocked on the door only to have a Hardee's employee tell they opened at 6 am. Thats when I found out it was about 5:20 am and my roommates had gotten their revenge. They had move my clock up almost 2 hours.

We had some great times even though there were 3 of us in those small rooms in Johnstone. We use to enjoy cooking out on the ledge too.

Finally, the next fall I went to Winthrop and had a blast. But I will always cherish my time as a Clemson student and as a Johnstone stowaway for a semester.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2016, 6:52 PM

I just wanted to chime in that I love this idea.

D-6, across from the power plant/laundry

Jul 20, 2016, 8:04 PM

all i remember is pizza boxes, puke in the hall, bottle rocks shooting from one end to the other

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: D-6, across from the power plant/laundry

Jul 20, 2016, 8:05 PM

bottle rockets

Re: D-6, across from the power plant/laundry

Jul 21, 2016, 8:35 PM [ in reply to D-6, across from the power plant/laundry ]

D-6 from 64 to 67.lots of great memories and friendships to this day.too much funny stuff to recount,and I wouldn't trade my time there for anything.broke off the door number plaque(D-603)and still have it.spent my last year in the newer dorm across from the PO.enjoyable,but not as memorable.still those were 4 of the best years of my life,which is why I love CU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Enjoyed my four years on E-2

Jul 20, 2016, 8:05 PM

Granted, Johnstone Hall was spartan in its features, but I really enjoyed my time on E-2. Never desired to move from the convenient location where I made friendships that have lasted 40 years.
Ah, the stories from 1975 to 1979...burning trash cans, playing baseball amidst the asbestos covered ceiling in the hallway, climbing out the window and grilling burgers on the ledge, "pennying" guys inside their room, placing a huge boulder in the gang showers and spray painting it "Herman's Rock" in honor of the E2 janitor...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. I was the RA on E2 from Aug 75 to May 77.

Jul 20, 2016, 11:27 PM

Who are you and/or what room were you in? T-Mail me if better.

Re: LOL. I was the RA on E2 from Aug 75 to May 77.

Jul 21, 2016, 12:34 AM

D624 1968 here. I was pretty low key but remember when someone stopped up the shower drains in the bath room and blocked up the shower door with some plywood to make a swimming pool. Other fond rememberances are that in one of the toilets there was a reminder on the wall to flush twice because it was a long way to Harcombe. Another stall had a set of arrows that went from head level while seated on the right panel to the bottom of that panel. At that bottom spot as you moved that way there was a message that read "You are now sh@tt!ng at a 45 degree angle".
Running hot water in the sink and taking a leak was a REAL luxury....
Also people who were not liked got the lighter fluid under the door trick or had the 55 gallon hall trash can filled with water leaned up against their door trick....

3 years on E-2. 74-77.

Jul 21, 2016, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Enjoyed my four years on E-2 ]

The knife and pistol fights, the gang wars, good memories.

Jul 20, 2016, 8:51 PM

Wonderful tribute. I wish you well. I lived in C 1978. Used to hang out on the ledge and eat Chanellos with buddies. I recall the slamming of doors would jolt everyone on the floor awake!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2016, 9:18 PM

D4 in 67 & 68. Made some awesome friends those two years

B5 in 87. We were an official campus organization and

Jul 20, 2016, 9:21 PM

had block seats with the frats. Probably still have my "roach motel" shirt somewhere.

Re: B5 in 87. We were an official campus organization and

Jul 22, 2016, 2:51 PM

Would you be willing to tell this story for the film? It sounds great, exactly what we are going for. Really showcases the unity of Johnstone.
-Horace
horacep@g.clemson.edu

D3 for two years in 79-80

Jul 20, 2016, 9:39 PM

Quite a few stories. Many are better left unsaid.... Not all, but many.

B8 fall 73-spring 74

Jul 20, 2016, 10:37 PM

great view in B section for the streaking that was the craze that year.

Clemsonwiki has some info https://www.clemsonwiki.com/wiki/Johnstone

Message was edited by: Father G®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: B8 fall 73-spring 74

Jul 20, 2016, 11:15 PM

This would have been in '85...

Of course walking down the halls, many a room had the vents above the door stuffed with newspapers. If a towel was jammed under the door you knew you had to wait for the person's room to "air out" before you got to enter.

Also remember one evening after numerous fire alarms being pulled over several days and weekends, one D3'er simply had had enough. I think it may have been the second alarm of the night too. So at about 2 or 3am or so when it went off again, he was standing in a chair with a baseball bat with a handful of others cheering him on. He was just about on his backswing when the RA came out into the hall to stop him. Two seconds later and the alarm would have been on the floor in pieces.

Another time I can recall a series of running steps followed by a pause then a loud thud sound and some cheering. After several rounds of this I peeked out and caught a fairly organized long jump contest.

I can also vouch that the gun rack was put to use during deer season in at least one room on D3. The RA was cool about if anything was "out of sight", it didn't exist. Nothing that a set of curtains over the wooden shelves couldn't handle.

Jul 21, 2016, 12:35 AM

The stories I could tell would not be allowed to publish

ORIGINAL UPLOADER UPDATE

Jul 21, 2016, 1:25 AM

Just a update for you all reading this post. First, I am loving the stories and response this thread is getting. Second, we are looking for these interesting "party type" stories along with the educational ones to feature in the documentary. I do not plan on making it G rated, more like PG-13

I'm not sure you all are aware of the potential outcome

Jul 21, 2016, 4:32 PM

of this project. This easily could be the most viral video of all time and could employ many attorneys. Curious- ever worked for 60 Minutes and can I buy the cutting-room floor snippets now? And no...extortion has never crossed my mind

B-9 baby. The penthouse.***

Jul 21, 2016, 7:47 AM

Re: B-9 baby. The penthouse.***

Jul 21, 2016, 8:06 AM

B9 freshman year, then old F5 the rest of the way. Unlike some on here, I hold no really fond memories of the Tin Cans. You could hear someone fawt three rooms away, and the A/C was woefully inadequate in the summer. Not to mention the whole wall shook anytime anyone on your side of the hall slammed their door!

Re: B-9 also.... '80-'82***

Jul 22, 2016, 12:49 PM [ in reply to B-9 baby. The penthouse.*** ]

Re: B-9 baby. The penthouse.***

Jul 22, 2016, 3:33 PM [ in reply to B-9 baby. The penthouse.*** ]

75-79 B-9....the "hall with balls"

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grits versus yankees....

Jul 21, 2016, 1:30 PM

D versus E:

All it took was a "Yankees S**k" followed by a "F U, Grit".. and the war was on.

Someone came up with the idea how to make beer can bazookas that would shoot the old tan toilet paper. You'd hear a "Whump..." followed by a "splat" on the side of D-section. This was WAY BEFORE 'tater guns you see now.

We also had Hall Hockey on E5. 40 to a side, Budweiser can for a puck, each resident armed with a broom, 55 gallon trash drum for a goal, Hall Supervisor(RA) as referee, his "old lady" the timekeeper.

Our Hall Supervisor would go to the Study Hall on Saddy night. While he was gone, we'd move a panel on his wall and put the door in the middle. When he'd come back, he'd fall over his bed.

Re: Grits versus yankees....

Jul 21, 2016, 2:55 PM

Thats hilarious!! I would love for you to tell these stories for the documentary. Please email me if you are interested: horacep@g.clemson.edu

Re: I was in F and lived to tell the story. Most of it NSFW

Jul 21, 2016, 2:19 PM

and some of these stories could prove to be "embarrassing" to certain "well-known" individuals nowadays.....but facts are facts and if I must perform my civic duty and chronicle these unsavory events, then so be it.

Screw Calford.

Re: I was in F and lived to tell the story. Most of it NSFW

Jul 22, 2016, 9:56 AM

Please email me, would love to hear these tales!
-Horace
horacep@g.clemson.edu

WSBF used to be above the loggia

Jul 21, 2016, 3:11 PM

where I met Russ Cassel one day, may he RIP.

Canteen was awesome - hit that place around closing time 11pm, iirc, and you could get some free food.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our band used to practice across the hall from wsbf.

Jul 22, 2016, 3:58 PM

spring 1986. our rehearsals would sometimes
accidentally bleed over the airwaves. and of
course, we'd get plenty of complaints from some
of the johnstone residents.

downer time - i'm guessing there was a suicide
or 3 in johnstone? i heard about one, but don't
remember what year - SUPPOSEDLY the students
that lived next door noticed something leaking
through the wall - supposedly a guy crawled in
the closet and shot himself.

A-7 swimming pool

Jul 21, 2016, 4:56 PM

So early in the Fall semester of 1968, we got the idea to turn the showers into a swimming pool on A7.
The shower area was an all-tile room around 15 by 25 feet, with maybe 8-10 showerheads. Anyway, we got a metal door off its hinges and wedged it across the shower opening, behind the built-in benches. We caulked the seal with wet toilet paper, and did the same to the drains. Turn on showers, go to bed. Wake up next morning and instant swimming pool, around 3 feet deep. It lasted about a day, until some idiots decided to remove the door. Instant tidal wave on A7, and rain on A6. Man those A6 guys got pie-essed at us.

Re: A-7 swimming pool

Jul 22, 2016, 10:54 AM

This is an amazing story haha. Would you be interested in telling it for the documentary. Production begins this Fall.
-Horace Priester
horacep@g.clemson.edu

Trying to remember who had the still ...

Jul 22, 2016, 11:01 AM

... it was in the mid 70s, D section, 7th floor?

Oh and the names of the Tiger staff were painted into the floor in the late 70s before they covered the offices with cheap carpet.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, call the Clemson archives office. They have a TON of

Jul 22, 2016, 3:36 PM

Info and pictures, etc.

Jul 22, 2016, 3:47 PM

Lived in A9 in 1973-4 as a freshman. There was a handwritten "Cloud 9" on the entry door. No truer words were ever spoken. No stories will be told... to protect the profoundly guilty. :)

74-75 was across from the campus pd. Again... mum's the word.

Two of the best years of my life.

Replies: 84
| visibility 201
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic