Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's time I owned up to this. I owe Tajh Boyd a huge apology
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,516

It's time I owned up to this. I owe Tajh Boyd a huge apology

Nov 4, 2014, 8:10 AM

Before the season began, I insisted Cole Stoudt would be a more efficient QB in The Chad's system. My (flawed) rationale was based on two things: that Cole would be more accurate and better at going through his progressions quickly. I even went so far as to say we'd have a better offense despite losing Sammy and Hot Rod.

I'm so sorry, Tajh, for not appreciating fully your greatness while leading this team. If Deshaun can stay healthy, he may wind up surpassing your accomplishments, but Cole sure as ###### doesn't bring what you brought.

Apologies, too, to Sammy, Rod and Martavis. We've missed you guys a lot more than I ever believed. 2013's offense was dang awesome. I was dead wrong to think 2014's offense would be better.

I feel better now. I've been meaning to make this public apology for some time. Having said that, however, here's to hoping Thursday night is a big coming out party for Cole and the rest of the O. The D has gotten their well-deserved accolades. It's time for you boys to get yours. Go Tigers! Destroy Wake!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Glad you finally came out

Nov 4, 2014, 8:11 AM

with this apology.

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Glad you finally came out

Nov 4, 2014, 8:13 AM

I thought this post would include a link to my stupidity.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are so many of those...

Nov 4, 2014, 8:13 AM

which juan(s) would you choose?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Focus, bob! Don't hijack my thread with

Nov 4, 2014, 8:17 AM

evidence of my stupidity on other subjects. Let's keep it on topic.

You should know about that***

Nov 4, 2014, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Glad you finally came out ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmmm. TDed.

Nov 4, 2014, 8:29 AM

Cliff, was that you?

Re: It's time I owned up to this. I owe Tajh Boyd a huge apology

Nov 4, 2014, 9:09 AM

I'm almost as guilty as you. It is past time for us to have figured out what to do about it, though. I think we are on the right track. We just need a few more bodies to heal up, and we will be on the right road again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2014, 9:16 AM

Here's to hoping Wake turns out to be the tune-up opportunity we all expect. Some healing would be great, too. I want to see the chitbirds humiliated 63-17 style.

Nov 5, 2014, 10:24 AM

63-17 might be too close a game for me, but they are due for a major beat down, and with the cocky (no pun intended) way spurlid has acted, I doubt Dabo pulls off the dogs (Tigers) before a great lesson is learned by guy who is a real jerk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You weren't the only one who was fooled by Cole's

Nov 4, 2014, 9:18 AM

performance in mop up duty over the years. But yeah, you should probably go stand in the corner for not appreciating Tajh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You weren't the only one who was fooled by Cole's

Nov 4, 2014, 9:25 AM

It's not that I didn't appreciate him. It's just I didn't realize how much of our offensive success was about him. It's easy to think guys like Nuk, Sammy, Martavis, Hot Rod, Andre, Dwayne Allen, etc. made him look better than he was. Yeah, we miss all those guys, but it's not like we don't have WRs, RBs and TEs who are more than capable. It's been very clear to me all season that what made the offense so good the last couple years had a whole lot to do with Tajh.

And I still want to see Cole have a monster game Thursday. I like him and appreciate his team-first attitude. It would be great to see him throw a dozen TDs. It's just obvious that we lost the most special part of our O when Tajh moved on.

props to you for being 1 of a select few to actually own up

Nov 4, 2014, 9:23 AM

to their monumental lapse in judgement.

welcome back.......to your right mind

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: props to you for being 1 of a select few to actually own up

Nov 4, 2014, 9:26 AM

My "right" mind may still fall short of a full deck. At least I'm trying to utilize what mind I do have.

it doesn't take a full deck or a coach to see that cole...

Nov 4, 2014, 9:28 AM

you know the rest

Nov 4, 2014, 9:26 AM

Whoever TDd this is a piece of dirt.

Nov 4, 2014, 11:37 AM

Even though it pains me terribly, I have to admit that I also subscribed to that school of thought :(

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

Nov 4, 2014, 7:22 PM

I'm really surprised he hasn't been more effective. Still time to get it right, though.

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,516
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic