Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo is Awesome
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 6,453

Dabo is Awesome

Aug 19, 2015, 6:27 PM

How many college head football coaches would take time out of their day just as football season is about to start to make a video of encouragement for a fellow Tiger (whom he's never met) about to have a bone marrow transplant? I don't know the answer, but it seems to me Clemson has a special one. Can't wait to see my co-worker's face when he watches it tomorrow. It will mean so much. Thank you, Dabo!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is Awesome

Aug 19, 2015, 6:32 PM

Winning is important but it makes it all the more sweet when it's done with compassion, humility and integrity. That's Dabo's legacy at Clemson so far and I don't ever see it changing. We are fortunate to have such a leader/ambassador for our university.

My wife's best friend has stage 4 brain cancer and

Aug 19, 2015, 7:09 PM

she lost all of her hair during treatment a few months ago.

She has always been a Clemson fan and she wanted a Clemson ball cap to wear after her losing her hair.

Dabo found out and signed a ladies' Clemson cap (Purple with Orange Tiger Paw)so we could give it to her.

When we gave it to her in the hospital she said "This is why Dabo is the greatest".

She is in her last days now, but Dabo provided her with a very special moment.

My wife and I will never forget that gesture.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My wife's best friend has stage 4 brain cancer and

Aug 19, 2015, 7:35 PM

I am sorry for her, her family and friends. Cancer is so awful and hateful we must find a way to beat this killer. God Bless your friend!

Amen***

Aug 19, 2015, 8:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the kind words Wytiger.***

Aug 20, 2015, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: My wife's best friend has stage 4 brain cancer and ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for the kind words Wytiger.***

Aug 20, 2015, 11:16 AM

You are very welcome.

what a great story!

Aug 19, 2015, 6:44 PM

Thanks for sharing and prayers to your co-worker. Hope everything turn out well!

~JKB

CDS is amazing coach and person.

Aug 19, 2015, 6:46 PM

Thanks for sharing

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CDS is amazing coach and person.

Aug 19, 2015, 7:04 PM

Thanks for sharing your story. Yes, Dabo is awsome! My prayers for a quick and complete recovery for you friend and Tiger Family member.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's one thing to have a great football coach and recruiter

Aug 19, 2015, 7:38 PM

leading our program. It's another having a great human being leading your program. When my father was dying of cancer, Dabo sent him an autographed football. When I turned 60, he signed the picture that is hanging in my study. I've never met the man but I hope to shake his hand someday and thank him for all that he's done for Clemson University and my family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 19, 2015, 8:52 PM

If our fans don't understand by now that Dabo is the definition of class by now, they will never get it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2015, 9:03 PM

Couldn't agree more that we are truly blessed to have a coach like Dabo. Prayers that your coworker does well and has a speedy recovery!

Aug 20, 2015, 11:18 AM

Speaking from personal experience (when my youngest had to have a pretty major operation performed on his left arm and Dabo reached out to him), I couldn't agree more. We're fortunate to have Dabo.

And good luck to your co-worker, prayers sent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Aug 20, 2015, 6:26 PM

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers for my colleague. He and his family were moved to tears watching Dabo's message today at his surprise send-off party. He will be heading to Emory next week to start the transplant process and will be there 3-4 months. I told him we will be chatting often about our Tigers beatin' the heck outta everyone this Fall.

Aug 21, 2015, 8:57 AM

Dabo is awesome! Not only is a determined coach, mentor, teacher, father, and husband, but he is also a "real person." Especially after losing his dad a week ago, reading about what kind of gentleman Dabo is makes me so proud to be a Tiger!!!

I hope your friend improves....

Somebody posted this a while back.... every Tiger fan should read it.... it could bring one to tears!

http://www.jimmyrockett.com/stories/story_21.html

ALL IN! GO TIGERS!

Replies: 15
| visibility 6,453
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic