Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's going to be really funny when all of those Bucknut fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

It's going to be really funny when all of those Bucknut fans

Nov 19, 2019, 9:01 AM

that have been trashing Clemson all year come to the realization that they are going to have to play us in the 1st round of the playoff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's going to be really funny when all of those Bucknut fans

Nov 19, 2019, 9:09 AM

They will not like that at all! For us, they have been an easy nut to crack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that matchups against OSU and LSU favor us.

Nov 19, 2019, 9:14 AM

For all the questions we get about the level of competition we play no one ever questions OSU. I don’t think they’re ready for Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's always funny when they realize that Clemson

Nov 19, 2019, 9:16 AM

isn't as SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW as all those B1G 10 teams they play.LOL

Exactly. Highlight reels of mostly uncontested throws against bad DBs do not impress me***

Nov 19, 2019, 9:23 AM

They do finish out the year with Penn State, Michigan

Nov 19, 2019, 9:17 AM [ in reply to I think that matchups against OSU and LSU favor us. ]

and the B1G title game. None of those teams are Alabama, but they are going to be pretty well tested. We've proven in the past that we can step up our game for the playoff regardless of recent competition though so I'm not too worried about that.

Fields is great don’t get me wrong but they have not and will not face a defense like ours.

Nov 19, 2019, 9:29 AM

One thing he doesn’t do is throw ints but in watching some highlights it would be hard to throw ints against the defenses they’re playing. It will be interesting to see if that trend continues this week. Honestly I feel like our defense would do to him what they did to JT Barrett. We see the video game numbers from OSU every year and like years past I just don’t think they are as good as the BIG 10 makes them look.

Yeah, we do have a lot more speed across the board on

Nov 19, 2019, 9:42 AM

defense than the teams they play in the Big Ten. There are good, speedy players here and there on those teams, but it's not at nearly every position like it is at Clemson. Like Micah Parsons is really good for Penn State, but i just don't see that level of talent and athleticism other places on their defense. Their secondary has been getting beaten over the top really easily by Minnesota and Indiana the last two weeks.

Re: They do finish out the year with Penn State, Michigan

Nov 19, 2019, 10:07 AM [ in reply to They do finish out the year with Penn State, Michigan ]

Wisconsin had been the toughest team that OSU has played thus far. The Badgers are a decent team with a solid defense but an anemic offense. Wisconsin was able to hang tough with the Buckeyes through pretty much 3 quarter's because of their defense. The Wisconsin offense did nothing to help their defense in that game.

It will be interesting to see how OSU plays against the most complete team they will play in the regular season, in Penn St. Penn St is currently in the top 20 on both offense and defense (points scored and against).

Michigan will be a tougher version of Wisconsin, great defense but questionable offense. Can the Wolverines defense keep them in a close game and give their offense a chance to win it late?

Then they might have to possibly play a Minnesota team that will throw everything at OSU for a chance to make the top 4. The Golden Gophers will be playing with a lot to win, but not much to lose. Which will make them dangerous.

We will soon see what kind of team Ohio St is in the next few weeks. They have a chance to make a strong case for #1 by rolling those three teams or they could trip up and fall out of the playoff picture. Its going to be fun to watch and see if OSU can avoid falling 9n their own sword as they tend to do.

Nov 19, 2019, 9:38 AM

...realize that a loss to Penn State, Michigan, or Minnesota will knock them out of the playoffs.

They think they're going to get sweet revenge for Woody and

Nov 19, 2019, 9:45 AM

31-0.

Nov 19, 2019, 9:51 AM

I would actually hope the SEC got 2 in with LSU and Georgia if that happens. LSU and Georgia would likely get sent to Glendale which would leave us playing O310 St in Atlanta.

I think if that were to happen it would be

Nov 19, 2019, 9:53 AM

#1 OSU vs #4 LSU

#2 Clemson vs #3 UGA

Hopefully the committee would have some sense and send Clemson and Georgia to AZ rather than making us play the dawgs in Atlanta.

Re: I think if that were to happen it would be

Nov 19, 2019, 10:13 AM

We would travel better to Atlanta! Available tickets would be split. UGA would scoff up 2nd party tickets though. They also may travel better to Glendale. Would be our 3rd time out there.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 10:19 AM

Agreed. I'd rather play anyone in Atl. I think it would be 60/40 in Arizona and probably only about 80% full. In Atl it would probably be a similar split but a packed house. Ticket prices would be through the roof, but as long as you get them through IPTAY, you're fine. Much easier travel, and better stadium.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 10:27 AM [ in reply to I think if that were to happen it would be ]

The #1 team in the final poll gets to choose which playoff venue they want.

I've heard conflicting reports on that

Nov 19, 2019, 11:15 AM

I believe the committee is supposed to make the decision, not the #1 team.

Lord Another Shut Out Would End That University's Football

Nov 19, 2019, 11:32 AM

Program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2019, 11:39 AM

Wouldn't put it past the CFP but would be a real shame to have Clemson vs OSU in semi when everyone agrees they are the 2 most complete teams. Top 5 offense & defense for both.....that needs to be NCG match-up, not a semi.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic