Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, is Clemson's being behind Coots due to $5 million a year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

So, is Clemson's being behind Coots due to $5 million a year

Oct 9, 2012, 11:57 PM

less money due to smaller ACC money versus larger SEC money pay-outs? That's $50,000,000 less money to spend on our teams over 10 years.

If true, then there's no wonder Coots are beating us in football, baseball & you name it.

What say you?

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it is more like $20 million per year***

Oct 10, 2012, 12:30 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think it is more like $20 million per year (GEEZ, worse!)***

Oct 10, 2012, 12:37 AM

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But the real reason

Oct 10, 2012, 9:28 AM [ in reply to I think it is more like $20 million per year*** ]

The real reason is that we kept Tommy B around for about 5 years longer than we should have.

One reason we kept him so long

Oct 11, 2012, 9:21 PM

Was because he owned the chickens. It was the other important stuff that he couldn't do.

I think it's a lot more than 20 million $$$. You have to . .

Oct 11, 2012, 1:33 PM [ in reply to I think it is more like $20 million per year*** ]

look at a much broader picture than gate receipts, shared tv money, etc. Some of the sources of AD income are either not readily identifiable to the average bloke OR they are simply anonymous gifts. Many USC supporters like to remain unknown to the general public - they are proud of their gifts to the university, they simply prefer to remain unnamed. Imo, it's their money and their choice.

Re: I think it's a lot more than 20 million $$$. You have to . .

Oct 11, 2012, 1:36 PM

Yeah like the whitney hotel?

Oct 11, 2012, 1:37 PM [ in reply to I think it's a lot more than 20 million $$$. You have to . . ]

"Many USC supporters like to remain unknown to the general public"...........or "BAGMEN" as they're more commonly adressed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2012, 3:17 PM

> "Many USC supporters like to remain unknown to the
> general public"...........or "BAGMEN" as they're more
> commonly adressed.

. . . I should have completed my statement as such: ' . . but they know that others in the Great Fraternity of Ladies and Gentlemen of the SECRET Order of the Silver Palmetto know that they have given certain funds to 'The Cause'. It's just the way we do things at USC. However, we have learned, after 100+ years, to make our penchant for modesty, albeit secret financial enthusiasm for the university, translate into something very real and defining . . . . winning.

Oct 11, 2012, 5:19 PM

Hence the probation that the old ball sac has you on right now !! You'r a school of cheaters. Win at all costs....where's Tommy Chakin these days ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is that bigger pay out working for Auburn?***

Oct 10, 2012, 12:38 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How is that bigger pay out working for Auburn?***

Oct 10, 2012, 12:41 AM

Pretty good.

I think they won a national championship a year and a half ago. I can't be too sure, though.

Oct 11, 2012, 1:37 PM

You're righrt they bought Cam

Oct 11, 2012, 5:21 PM

And Chizik ( sp? ) has a losing record since Cam left !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By the same token Auburn won't be hampered by any buyout...

Oct 11, 2012, 6:17 PM

By the same token Auburn won't be hampered by any buyout.

They got a championship, a Heisman and still have the flexibility to fire Chizik, eat his contract and hire someone else at $2.5+ million a year.

You may not see or understand the flexibility that the yearly difference in TV income provides them, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Which means absolutely nothing to their fans today.***

Oct 11, 2012, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: How is that bigger pay out working for Auburn?*** ]

It means a lot, our NC from 30 years ago still means a lot

Oct 11, 2012, 9:52 PM

to many of us

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, is Clemson's being behind Coots due to $5 million a year

Oct 10, 2012, 4:53 AM

The money differential would seemingly be the reason until you look at the fact that we have the highest paid assistants in the country. Our facilities are almost on par with any other school in the country(and will be when the indoor practice field is finished). My opinion is that success on the field is affected more by continuity in coaching more than anything else. When you have two full cycles of recruits that were brought in for one philosophy it begins paying off and that is what you are seeing at most other programs around the country. Alabama is the only exception I can think of off the top of my head. Money is nice for sure but continuity is the key.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2012, 7:18 PM

$$$ in players pockets---like 5th place rings
When a HC like OBS gets on national TV and pulls 3- $100 bills out and gives his view that players should be paid, in my view he is just trying to ease the shock when it's known he has been doing it for years

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a combination of that, and

Oct 10, 2012, 7:16 AM

coaching.

Re: It's a combination of that, and

Oct 10, 2012, 7:28 AM

Spurrier!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey cockstripe, USuC has been in the SEC for two decades and

Oct 10, 2012, 7:38 AM

Spurrier has been there 8 years. You're 8-12 versus us since you joined the SEC and only 4-3 since the 'legend' Ball Sack took over. Please stop pretending as if it's more than that.

Oh, and why are you embarrassed to admit you love #####? And why do you keep tmailing me with your elcid96 handle? Man, you really got some issues.

Re: Re: So, is Clemson's being behind Coots due to $5 million a year

Oct 10, 2012, 7:41 AM

Come on, don't go there. It is common knowledge we pay players here. Adams even admitted last year on national tv after the ob.

Oct 10, 2012, 10:25 AM

Who's Adams?

Oct 11, 2012, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: So, is Clemson's being behind Coots due to $5 million a year ]

Well who is Adams??????????

Oct 11, 2012, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: So, is Clemson's being behind Coots due to $5 million a year ]

stupid friggin coot....arent you the ones on probation for extra benefits??? and who is adams? get your sh!t straight.

It's a huge deal may Clemson fans either seem to ignore

Oct 10, 2012, 7:45 AM

or don't process.

may=many***

Oct 10, 2012, 7:46 AM

That is not the reason. Unless you can point to an

Oct 10, 2012, 8:15 AM

application of that money that is making the difference.

Facilities? Hardly.
Coaching salaries? Nnnnnnnnnnnnope.
Discount deals with local hotels? Let's just move on from that one.

Where is it being applied to differentiate the programs? Can our coaches not travel for recruiting? Do they market more than we do? If you can point to the use of their extra money that could create a competitive advantage, we could discuss that.

null

Re: That is not the reason. Unless you can point to an

Oct 11, 2012, 1:59 PM

I disagree with facilities. They have had a HUGE upgrade in facilities the last few years.

New Baseball/Softball stadiums
upgrades to football facilities
Upgrades to willy brice
upgrades to whatever they call their basketball colliseum.

and NO i'm not a coot, just married to one.

And we haven't?***

Oct 11, 2012, 2:23 PM

null

Re: And we haven't?***

Oct 11, 2012, 2:48 PM

touche, I read what I wanted to into your post. I must be in an argumentative mood today.

No****

Oct 10, 2012, 9:01 AM

Well...sorry I posted this but agree it's money, coaching &

Oct 10, 2012, 11:00 AM

having same coaches online for awhile.

Bottom line...something has transformed Coots into a national power & winners for sure (in baseball with 2 NC's & in football with most wins ever and 3 straight over TiGs)..while Clemson is scrapping to get back up the ladder but doing it the right way by keeping good coaches on-board, recruiting better, raising a little more money through IPTAY, bowls & TV contracts.

Let's see how it works (and evens) out in next 5 years...and hope we are not in second place as we are now.

GoTiGERs!

Oct 11, 2012, 11:43 AM

well they get off free after cheating and lying about it. Paying room and board for players and it all gets swept under the rug. They gained an advantage by cheating and not having to pay any consequences. ...what 3 scholarships??? a joke...and how much did u hear about it on ESPN or any other media outlet??? spurrier connections on every level including the NCAA

Oct 11, 2012, 12:04 PM

They need the extra money to try to shine up their facilities. But no amount can change the fact that the area is a dump. They can add on and paint and put up even bigger video screens at their money pit cockroach stadium but they can't change the background. We do not worry about that.

Oct 11, 2012, 1:36 PM

> They need the extra money to try to shine up their
> facilities. But no amount can change the fact that
> the area is a dump. They can add on and paint and put
> up even bigger video screens at their money pit
> cockroach stadium but they can't change the
> background. We do not worry about that.

Ya'll just better hope that a new class of pine beetle and oak worm don't come flying and crawling outta the Southern Appalachains.

Oct 11, 2012, 1:42 PM

What the heck does that stupid post mean?

Oct 11, 2012, 1:44 PM

The coots are beating us in football because Dabo's first year we only signed 12. The coots got our top recruits that year!!!! Remember how they cheated to get the guys from the rock hill area.

We're coming back strong

Oct 11, 2012, 2:06 PM

I smell chicken. USuC a national powerhouse? More like a national laughingstock.

Who says we're behind?

Oct 11, 2012, 2:34 PM

Most on the board claim that we have better players, coaches, fans, facilities, cheerleaders, etc. Not to mention last year's ACC championship. The only the thing the coots have is a #3 national ranking which most claim is undeserved. So how are the coots ahead?

Athletically I do ...

Oct 11, 2012, 10:17 PM

Based on last week's beat-down of UGA and Carolina's beat-down of Clemson Football the past three years and Carolina's clutch Baseball, any honest Tiger says we are behind on the football field and the baseball diamond.

Re: Re: That is not the reason. Unless you can point to an

Oct 11, 2012, 3:02 PM

Upgrades there are like a evening gown on a pig... Still a pig

Re: Re: I think it's a lot more than 20 million $$$. You have to . .

Oct 11, 2012, 3:53 PM

And a lot of L U C K

Thx, good posts...so do Coots make $5, $10 or $20 MIL more

Oct 11, 2012, 4:56 PM

per year than TiGERs due to better money from SEC TV rights?

Any real idea as to the difference in millions per year since whatever it's been..it's been a great boost to their getting ahead of us with stadium improvements, larger scoreboard, more recruiting money, better airplane, classrooms at stadium, building up the base, more advertising, adding assistants, better weight room and/or program, bigger steaks for players, etc.

OK, I enhanced or added some items not necessarily true, but isn't that what political parties do.

What say you?!

GoTiGERs!

Re: Thx, good posts...so do Coots make $5, $10 or $20 MIL more

Oct 11, 2012, 8:52 PM

you forgot that helps them afford the extra security for 5 points...

Re: Who's getting more play time ESecPN?***

Oct 11, 2012, 6:18 PM

Oct 11, 2012, 9:22 PM

I'd say generally Clemson gets more play on ESPN minus this week due to their dismantling of Georgia and playing LSU this week. We play on one of their channels pretty much every week.

I'd say:

1. Spurrier knows how to win.
2. Rock Hill producing some great recruits lately, and we never get anyone from there.
3. The East being down. Florida looks like they may be Legit this year so it could be changing. Tenn has been a dumpster fire in and out of conference. (East Champion is 0-2 the last two years in bowl games)
4. Clemson's 12 man class. (1 of them broke his back and never played a down)

Oct 11, 2012, 9:26 PM

Agree. All of this, plus the fact that their recruiting seems to produce a better winning formula - big nasty OL and DL, solid and deep D rather than flashy skill players on offense with weak lines.

Lets Level with Ourselves & Give Credit where it's Due

Oct 11, 2012, 10:12 PM

Jack Leggett may be the best college baseball coach in the nation. SOS, when he gets off his a$$ and isn't thinking of one-line zingers, is one he11uva an offensive mind.

I am a proud Clemson Tiger from Va and have been sice 1979, and I can accept these facts. Many great Tiger fans from SC cannot accept these facts.

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic