Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's Okay to be a little Critical and be happy with the team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,253

It's Okay to be a little Critical and be happy with the team

Nov 12, 2017, 9:24 AM

We have exceeded just about everyone's expectations this year. We certainly weren't expected to be playing in the ACCCG much less making another run for the playoffs this year...

This may be one of the best coaching jobs Dabo and Company have pulled off because of all of the big offensive losses....

Okay..that was the "Sunshine Pumper" part of this post....

Just because the teams is having a great year and we as a fan base should be delighted doesn't mean we should be acting as if the pied piper is here and think everything is unicorns and rainbows.

The the biggest issue that is really coming up this year is Kelly Bryant. He was supposed to be that "Transition QB" like Will Proctor and Cole Stoudt were used and at some point when we were supposed to be 4-2 or 5-3 Dabo would turn the keys over to Hunter Johnson was ready and give him the keys to the building and would would be ready for next year. Kelly Bryant did the darnedest thing and started winning big games early and made us a contender.

KB's success has changed how fans are criticizing him because he is being judged as a National Championship caliber QB rather than a Band-Aid until our Blue-Chips QB's are ready.

The biggest fear that I think many Clemson fans have is that due to Kelly Bryant's success, there is what I think is a real fear that Hunter Johnson isn't going to stick around next year because KB will be starter next year while Trevor Lawrence gets ready for his coronation has the next great Clemson QB.

I think it's completely fair to be concerned that KB's has a passing problem. He over throws many attainable passes and we just aren't a deep threat right now. That's not KB's fault..It's just not his skill set.

If KB can't get this team a little vertical, I am not sure we can compete with that Miami defense that smoked Notre Dame last night.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: It's Okay to be a little Critical and be happy with the team

Nov 12, 2017, 9:29 AM

This is the same Miami team that smoked UNC and the other teams on their schedule. Insert sarcasm.

Turnovers had allot to do with those scores. Protect the ball and we beat the U.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 10:54 AM

Nice post. We're not perfect, but no team is. Miami will have plenty to worry about.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 12, 2017, 11:04 AM

Nicely said. Thank you for your balance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,253
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic