Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It was certainly my most unusual Thanksgiving...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1,133

It was certainly my most unusual Thanksgiving...

Nov 30, 2020, 8:28 AM

I spent it quite alone. Even apart from my wife, as we were attempting to keep in separate parts of the house. Frozen TV dinners instead of a big home-cooked meal, not that I've been able to taste anything in over a week anyway. The isolation attempt didn't work, as she tested positive the day after Thanksgiving, 9 days after my positive test.

As I talked about in a thread below, I was a part of a COVID outbreak, tied to a church outing. We've dodged bullets for months, as we've met with no mask or social distancing protocols since May. (I'm one of only 3-4 people who always wear one.) This time, we went out of town to another church, where COVID was rampant...except it wasn't known yet. Days after the outing, we started to hear of positive tests at that church, then it was us. I tell myself I'm just a minion, and I've tried to set a personal example, and others are responsible for their own decisions. But that doesn't really make me feel better. Many times I've wanted to cry a warning out, but I didn't. I am guilty of not doing enough.

I don't know what my point is, or even if I have one. Just be safe, everyone, please.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are yall Holy-Rollers with the snakes and all?***

Nov 30, 2020, 8:41 AM

Well?

Nov 30, 2020, 12:30 PM

TheProdigal

Here's to a quick recovery for yo and the Ms. Prod.***

Nov 30, 2020, 8:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Thank you. I'm fully recovered, except no taste/smell.

Nov 30, 2020, 8:49 AM

My quarantine period is actually over. Mrs. is doing fine, and appears to have just a light case, with a little cough.

Physically, this virus hasn't really done much of a number on me. Emotionally, it's been tough, because of the circumstances I talked about in the OP.

Re: Thank you. I'm fully recovered, except no taste/smell.

Nov 30, 2020, 10:47 AM

I told my wife early on we should just try and get it

Nov 30, 2020, 11:04 AM

and we wouldn't have to worry about it any more.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My NC Nutrition Cert

Nov 30, 2020, 11:05 AM

allows me to speak on the subject.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On the subject of getting the virus?

Nov 30, 2020, 11:05 AM

Aren't you in sales or something?

yes, but before I had a

Nov 30, 2020, 11:11 AM

job where I had to get my Nutritionist Certification. Had to do the Dietetic Internship, took the CDR and all, so I know a little about the subject.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then it's surprising how you could be so wrong about

Nov 30, 2020, 11:16 AM

taking an unregulated dietary supplement.

Re: It was certainly my most unusual Thanksgiving...

Nov 30, 2020, 9:08 AM

It was a strange one, and the first time in nearly 20 years I haven't traveled back to the hometown to be with the family. It was my wife's first Thanksgiving away from her parents.

It wasn't overly received well, but we didn't want to risk it. We haven't tested positive, but I consider myself high-risk given my situation, and we have family members with too many health problems.

On a side note, my wife has a close friend in the Upstate whose family hasn't taken COVID seriously at all and has been quite flippant with their gatherings. The day before Thanksgiving, one of her relatives died from it, and she wasn't that old.

It's not worth the risk.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Dec 1, 2020, 7:41 PM

shouldnt have put yourself at such risk

Nov 30, 2020, 9:09 AM

also, be more healthy. Take some vitamins and exercise.

You've preached this vitamin thing before.

Nov 30, 2020, 10:24 AM

You know vitamins don't really do much, right?

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/do-multivitamins-work#recommendation

Re: You've preached this vitamin thing before.

Nov 30, 2020, 10:29 AM

"You know vitamins don't really do much, right?"

this kind of ridiculousness is why Americans are dying left and right from heart disease, cancer and now COVID.

I cannot even have a real discussion with someone who doesnt think Vitamins sustain life. Most do need to come from food, however most of us do not get enough as we do not eat enough fruits, vegetables and grains.

But you just keep doing you man.

Don't believe me, I wouldn't. Look it up yourself.

Nov 30, 2020, 11:02 AM

I've got no reason to lie to you.

Re: You've preached this vitamin thing before.

Nov 30, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: You've preached this vitamin thing before. ]

I will say this about nutrition when it comes to immunity. I started a smoothie diet lunch about 5 years ago. No burgers or fries for lunch, just a smoothie that consists of blueberries, banana, avocado, spinach and Kale with some POM juice. I have not been sick 1 day in those 5 years.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: shouldnt have put yourself at such risk

Nov 30, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to shouldnt have put yourself at such risk ]

Aren't you one of the people here who thinks the virus is basically a hoax/just a flu?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

I had it you dolt.***

Nov 30, 2020, 11:04 AM

Re: I had it you dolt.***

Nov 30, 2020, 11:14 AM

You also had a slew of posts downplaying the seriousness of this virus. Just another flu, you said. But kudos if you've changed your tune.

A personal experience is sadly what it often takes for some people to wake up and embrace reality.

Nov 30, 2020, 10:40 AM

Prodigal,

Covid is tough enough. Feeling personally responsible makes it even harder. Keep your head up.

Maybe you should tell your cautionary tale to more people. Not all of them would hear you, but some would.

Nov 30, 2020, 11:07 AM

how is it "tied" to a church outing?

if you read tigernet, you were told to avoid eating in restaurants or going to bars

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just out of curiosity

Nov 30, 2020, 11:47 AM

Did you wear a mask at that church function that you traced it to? Not insinuating masks don't work, I wear mine all day at the office, but wondering if there was just one moment you could trace it to.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I did not the entire time.

Nov 30, 2020, 12:44 PM

The nature of this function (choir singing) was such that I did not wear one the entire time. I wore one, as I always do, walking around.

I also may have gotten exposed, personally, directly from my Dad, who I did talk to without a mask the next day. He was the first of all of us to test positive, though there's no reason to think he was some kind of "case zero," as he was in the same room/place as all the rest of us.

Of course, my mask doesn't do as much to protect me as it does those around me. I likely did not give it to anyone (except my wife) in the days following, even before I knew I had it.

That time in the choir that day...

Nov 30, 2020, 12:54 PM

May have been my only time in the last six months I have been within 6 feet of a non-family member without a mask on.

Sounds similar to ours..

Nov 30, 2020, 12:38 PM

From a COVID infection perspective.

I received my positive notification Nov 20; daughter received hers on the 19th; wife finally got hers on the 27th. We think my in laws brought it back from their gambling trip to Biloxi. They are retired Midwesterners... and so they travel and gamble, pre-existing conditions be ######.

No ICU for any of us, but father in law came close on Thanksgiving day. He seems to have pushed through the worst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1,133
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic