Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guess Baker Mayfield is 100% their guy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Guess Baker Mayfield is 100% their guy

Dec 11, 2015, 9:45 AM

Trevor Knight is officially done.

Will he end up at SMU? May be good for Chad to get an experienced QB. Didn't watch much SMU football but it looks like they need every player they can get.

http://sportact.net/trevor-knight-oklahoma-quarterback-granted-full-release-20316-2015/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guess Baker Mayfield is 100% their guy

Dec 11, 2015, 9:49 AM

Does this mean that Katy Perry is now an SMU fan?

Seriously, SMU's QB is better than Trevor Knight. Knight has not been the same since he was hurt last year. But on the bright side, he always has Katy Perry. :)

Dec 11, 2015, 9:58 AM

Yeah he's bad. They went from having that TCU game well on its way to a blowout to Knight losing the lead and their defense having to win on the last play of the game because Mayfield didn't play the second half.

null

Dec 11, 2015, 10:01 AM

Yeh but look who they have behind Knight. Cody Thomas? He's only seen playing time in 2 games and has completed 1 pass all year. If Mayfield gets hurt... Yikes.

Dec 11, 2015, 10:11 AM

Right. If they put Knight in over that guy then he must be horrible. I don't really think Mayfield is getting taken out by anyone though. It took a blatant head shot that was textbook head hunting (rarely used LB) to hurt him and he finished the half, scored again and had a pass dropped in the endzone at the end of the first half that would have put them up 30-3. With a concussion...

But yeah if he goes down they're better off running the wildcat lol. I don't see that happening unless someone is going to order up another hit though.

null

Dec 11, 2015, 10:21 AM

I don't know bro, Clemson has some hard-hitters, both on the line and in the secondary. The pressure is going to be on blast the entire game and if he starts running around, he's rolling the dice on that one. I dont know if he's a tough guy or a slide guy, but for Oklahoma's sake, they'd better hope the latter.

Dec 11, 2015, 10:28 AM

He refuses to slide. He drops a shoulder. He throws blocks too. Hes a lot of fun to watch.
It's amazing he hasn't gotten hurt. He plays with reckless abandon and has been taking shots all year. He's one of those guys you end up respecting just because of how he plays.

Basically you can't scare him. You have to take him out. He likes to pick out the other teams biggest hitters and talk smack all game too. Dudes got a death wish. You'll see. But it's easy to see why he's liked so much.

null

Dec 11, 2015, 10:33 AM

Awesome. I can't wait! I heard him at the awards last night saying he isn't afraid of anyone and likes when people talk trash to him. Sounds like a gamer. NYE is going to be amazing

Dec 11, 2015, 10:39 AM

He's serious. He's fearless. It's not an act. People have tried to put him in place all year. He's that guy if you lay out he pops up and pats you on head during your celebration for the sack and hurries up back to the LOS. He's a gamer.
Should be a great game. I'm excited too.

null

Dec 11, 2015, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Guess Baker Mayfield is 100% their guy ]

Ask Braxton Miller how hard Clemson hits. If he tries to play with a reckless abandone he will be one hurting buckaroo.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

This just in, Baker Mayfield is made of steel***

Dec 11, 2015, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Guess Baker Mayfield is 100% their guy ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mayfield didn't do much the first half in that game

Dec 11, 2015, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Guess Baker Mayfield is 100% their guy ]

He was under 50% for the game and had only 100 yards passing. Their offense was all about the run against TCU. So while they might've been even more one-dimensional with Knight in, they really didn't pass it the whole game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mayfield didn't do much the first half in that game

Dec 11, 2015, 11:10 AM

They're actually a run first team. The run pass ratio is like 60/40. That's why it's kind of weird all the talk about Mayfield and not their running back or that 5* backup they got coming along.

Unless youre convinced both these teams are the same as last year Then I guess it doesn't matter

null

Dec 11, 2015, 10:06 AM

They better hope Mayfield does not go pro

They cannot make him stay forever.***

Dec 11, 2015, 10:13 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SMU's QB was their star this year

Dec 11, 2015, 10:58 AM

He'll be a Senior next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was their problem? Defense?

Dec 11, 2015, 11:03 AM

They just didn't seem to be any better than last year. Maybe worse. If their QB fits Morris' scheme I guess they don't need Knight.

Just not a lot of athletes

Dec 11, 2015, 11:07 AM

But yeah, their defense was bad. They gave up more than 40 points in 9 games.

Re: What was their problem? Defense?

Dec 11, 2015, 2:12 PM [ in reply to What was their problem? Defense? ]

> They just didn't seem to be any better than last
> year. Maybe worse. If their QB fits Morris' scheme I
> guess they don't need Knight.

What do you base that on? Ive been watching OU football for 25 years. I watched every game this year and last and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt this team is much, much, much better on both sides of the ball, its not even close. They dont need Knight, he was bad for this team. he alone lead them to at least 2 losses last year. Doesnt make good decisions, not very accurate and too mistake prone. Mayfield is the opposite of that and it really set the offense up. Not to mention the new system which is also quite nice. This team is much better, and I bet your coach would agree. Neither of these teams are the same and its really bunk to try to compare them to last year- I dont know how different this team is for you but for OU, this team would probably shut out last year's team. They were just bad.

Re: What was their problem? Defense?

Dec 11, 2015, 2:21 PM

He was talking about SMU.

It was a comment on SMU not OU

Dec 11, 2015, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: What was their problem? Defense? ]

That's why I referred to Morris.

Was he a freshman when they kicked the crap out of Bama?*******

Dec 11, 2015, 11:15 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up