Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The defenses of Sarah Jeong are as bad as the twitter mobs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 395

The defenses of Sarah Jeong are as bad as the twitter mobs

Aug 3, 2018, 12:05 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/right-wing-websites-target-new-york-times-new-writer-call-anti-white-tweets-222033710.html

https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/2/17644878/the-verge-new-york-times-sarah-jeong

All of this has been seasoned by people claiming that people like Sarah (ie. not white people) can never be racist, and that the kinds of things she tweeted are totally fine as long as she can claim she was harassed herself. But, of course, they would never give that kind of leeway to a white person or a conservative.

I absolutely hate social media mobs, especially when they do stuff like this where they've gone looking through somebody's social media just to destroy them. We're a lot better off when we aren't putting effort into finding reasons to take offense, and using those reasons to get recriminations against people. But it's hard to feel sorry for somebody like Sarah Jeong, who's fueled a lot of this fire, and whose defenders make up the fire.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My only thought on this entire scenario.

Aug 3, 2018, 12:08 PM

I'd use my white privilege to hit it.

Other than that, its the same old "They do it to us, so we're going to do it back to them!" instead of people rising above the fray and utilizing class and dignity. She sure is hell is guilty of that, as well as everyone attacking her.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone see's the clear hypocrisy

Aug 3, 2018, 12:09 PM

A pub gets caught jerking it online, the media is 24/7 rampage along with boycotts of all adverstisers, riots, protests etc...

a lib gets caught jerking it online, meh there's a good reason. Media blackout. No riots, No boycotts, nada. crickets. they keep their job

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not only that, many are writing in support of her

Aug 3, 2018, 12:23 PM

And in criticism of the people who outed her tweets and of the existence of the apology. I'm all for ignoring twitter mobs, but you just know they wouldn't have done this if the shoe was on the other foot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep. like said yesterday. Replace the word white with black

Aug 3, 2018, 12:54 PM

and this person would get whiplash from the speed of firing.
Kill whitey is ok tho.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It really is super tough being white

Aug 3, 2018, 2:11 PM

Nobody knoooooooows the troubles I've seeeeeeeen....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I knew there would be one...***

Aug 3, 2018, 2:15 PM

Thank God somebody understands.***

Aug 3, 2018, 2:17 PM [ in reply to It really is super tough being white ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a huge double standard when it comes to race

Aug 3, 2018, 4:24 PM [ in reply to It really is super tough being white ]

that only perpetuates hate and fuels racial prejudice. It hurts everybody, regardless of skin color, but certainly includes white people.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Everyone see's the clear hypocrisy

Aug 3, 2018, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Everyone see's the clear hypocrisy ]

Everyone jerks it to online content. I think that is one practice that both sides will give a pass to as long as content is legal and not super creepy.

Fully sympathize with Pubs Victimhood..***

Aug 3, 2018, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Everyone see's the clear hypocrisy ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No different than E! Dredging up Trump’s

Aug 3, 2018, 12:22 PM

GHITP!
????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's Sarah running for?***

Aug 3, 2018, 2:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suppose it makes sense for a tech writer to be on Twitter.

Aug 3, 2018, 12:25 PM

From my perusal of her musings, she appears to be a twitteridiot, not unlike our current WH occupant. If NYT didn't want a buncha shid hurled at'em, don't hire self-absorbed twitteridiots.

It's hard for writers to get any traction w/o social media

Aug 3, 2018, 12:27 PM

Especially a tech writer. She seems especially irresponsible, but NYT probably knew that when they hired her. Their hypocrisy about this kind of stuff should be pointed out, but people really need to cool it with this twitter mob stuff (which she happily cheered on when it was attacking other people).

I'm with you on the Twit mob mentality. Anybody can

Aug 3, 2018, 12:31 PM

say anything to or about anybody and everybody seems surprised when somebody gets pushed out a shape about it? Her twitter personality is revolting, but I'd bet I could sit down and have a cup of coffee with her and have a decent, non-emotional conversation. Even though she professes her dislike of ol wypipo.

Not if Krauthammer is accurate.

Aug 3, 2018, 2:16 PM

He said cons view libs as dumb while libs view cons as evil. There's no union or jointing of thoughts and minds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I liked Krauthammer, he was often an

Aug 3, 2018, 2:45 PM

island of reason in a sea of stupidity. I don't share his cynical view on this though. To measure a person by the leaning of their politics is myopic at best. To be sure, there is foolishness on both sides of the spectrum and the fools seem to holler louder than the rest. But even social media fools, twidderidiots, and the like seem to be better people away from their keyboards.

NYT, people who say those type things about people?

Aug 3, 2018, 12:45 PM

Sounds like a perfect match made in heaven hell to me.

It's beyond stupid

Aug 3, 2018, 12:54 PM

The only logical (though still defective) argument she can have is if she can produce some sort of prior statement as to the "experiment" she was running (I've heard, it was a canned "replace asian with white people" experiment to reflect back the hatred she was seeing). But that, of course, is still stupid and certainly without evidence to that end it rings even completely hollow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The defenses of Sarah Jeong are as bad as the twitter mobs

Aug 3, 2018, 1:47 PM

C'mon...you'd hit it.

You'd make her shut up...but you'd still hit it.

:)

Liberal chicks like me, for some reason

Aug 3, 2018, 2:07 PM

Although I haven't messed with many since it became some kind of imperative that everybody agree with progressive politics.

Re: Liberal chicks like me, for some reason

Aug 3, 2018, 4:20 PM

Apparently you flunked Lying to get into Progressive chicks pants 101.

"Why yes darling, I think Bernie and Ocasio-Cortez are the future of our great country! Here, let me freshen up that Margarita for ya."

:)

The one truly non-partisan thing.***

Aug 3, 2018, 4:23 PM

GO TIGERS!!

Yes...

Aug 4, 2018, 6:05 AM

Margaritas.

I'm banging two right now.

Aug 4, 2018, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Re: The defenses of Sarah Jeong are as bad as the twitter mobs ]

They know what subjects to moan about, and what not...

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Hate, racism, lies, and double standards.

Aug 3, 2018, 4:19 PM

Sounds about right for the NYT and the progressive left.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Hate, racism, lies, and double standards are Trump cards***

Aug 3, 2018, 9:40 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 395
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic