Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As seen, after his leg injury Mond was limited to only throwing from pocket & not scrambling
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,682

As seen, after his leg injury Mond was limited to only throwing from pocket & not scrambling

Sep 11, 2019, 1:05 PM

which eliminated 50% of his game & allowed our D to shut him down for the most part.

Saying, game over!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he was just having cramps ***

Sep 11, 2019, 1:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Good thing Jimbo brought some Midol

Sep 11, 2019, 1:20 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It gets hot in Texas

Sep 11, 2019, 3:54 PM [ in reply to I think he was just having cramps *** ]

and it’s a bigger hot. Cause everything is bigger in Texas.
So his cramps in SC should have been smaller.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What’s your point?

Sep 11, 2019, 1:27 PM

When our QB gets injured we put in the backup. If Mond isn’t sufficiently hydrated to avoid leg cramps and that’s supposed to be some kind of excuse for their offensive ineptitude, it’s a pathetic excuse.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that's exactly the point

Sep 11, 2019, 2:21 PM

Mond simply isn't as dangerous if he can't use his mobility, which in a tough, physical, hot, exhausting game like Saturday meant he was effectively neutralized.

I'd also add that last year when he threw for 450 or so yards against us, many of the plays were the same sort of throws that this year's receivers didn't catch. Jump balls and high/wide passes that were completed last year were not this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

450 yards passing and multiple passing TDs

Sep 11, 2019, 2:57 PM

Says that Mond did NOT beat Clemson with his legs last year... so to use his cramps as the excuse for losing this season is lame. As you said, this year he didn’t make the passes that he made in 2018. And he didn’t get the multiple lucky breaks this year on tipped balls, dropped int’s by our DBs, etc. If we had kept the ball on the ground on the last drive, we likely would have scored with little time left on the clock and a 24-10 beat down becomes a 31-3 blowout.

Bottom line - either way you slice it, Clemson is just BETTER, and aTm has no excuses... last season or this season.

Message was edited by: Flying Tiger®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check out footage of Homer Jordan in the 82 Orange Bowl !

Sep 11, 2019, 4:03 PM [ in reply to I think that's exactly the point ]

He played through all sorts of dehydration and excrutiating cramps to lead the team on the last drive using mostly his legs.

He literally spent halftime hooked up to a saline IV.

Homer didn’t let pain take away half his game.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,682
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic