Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Isaiah Battle should not have punched
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,740

Isaiah Battle should not have punched

Sep 20, 2013, 9:18 AM

that DB but if you watch what led up to it, the dude sure as #### deserved it.

"Skip to the 1:40 mark to watch it all unfold:"

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/clemson-tigers-lineman-isaiah-battle-ejected-for-uppercut-punch-vs-nc-state-jarvis-byrd-091913

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Isaiah Battle should not have punched

Sep 20, 2013, 9:21 AM

We wont go meet UGA at the bottom of the hill but we will punch a state player after the game is virtually over.

Seems battle should have punched a dog instead.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nah i'd rather have the penalty when it's over rather than..

Sep 20, 2013, 9:24 AM

give an opponent a 15yd advantage to start a game

Sep 20, 2013, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Isaiah Battle should not have punched ]

Why did he deserve it? He was talking trash. Big whoop. It is the front page of Yahoo. It's embarassing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/clemson-ot-isaiah-battle-lands-uppercut-n-c-032816591--ncaaf.html

The DB must of said some that upset the big fellow

Sep 20, 2013, 9:29 AM

there is a lot of trash talking going on..all the time. It amazes me that the officials simply stand around all game listening to these guys talk trash and then throw a flag when someone takes a swing...

However, Battle knows what the deal is and was way wrong and should have just walked away. I think he deserves and SEC/ACC punishment of a one game Shadrach Thornton assault your girlfriend suspension.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Looked more like a Duke BB flop to me.***

Sep 20, 2013, 9:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The DB must of said some that upset the big fellow

Sep 20, 2013, 9:49 AM [ in reply to The DB must of said some that upset the big fellow ]

you want them to throw flags at yo mama jokes?

You can't be serious...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2013, 9:31 AM

I'm old and we always resolved issues this way. It makes everything more clear than we don't take chit from others. I have no problem with Battle knocking that chithead on his ###. I hope he does some chickens that way later this year. Too bad Swearinger is gone. We needed Battle on that play.

No excuse for what he did - it's never worth it.....

Sep 20, 2013, 9:33 AM

to the player or the team when a player does something like that. Don't think Battle will be doing that again.

You NEVER throw a punch on the football field

Sep 20, 2013, 9:37 AM

there are other ways to protect your guys. If someone is taunting, you put your shoulder down and dumptruck him. Draw the flag but NEVER punch.

If he does something you don't like...Make him pay on the

Sep 20, 2013, 9:42 AM

next play. You never go around punching players in the face.

Very stupid decision that was classless and an embarrassment to Dabo Swinney and the entire football program.

Sep 20, 2013, 9:49 AM

he didn't deserve that dude. He just got in his face. That happens in football every game. What battle did was classless and unbecoming of a tiger.

Re: comments below article.

Sep 20, 2013, 9:50 AM

There are people commenting that are saying Battle should be arrested and then thrown off the team for being arrested. And that NCAA should never let him play again, ever.

Really? Come on, he threw a punch in a heated exchange of words after he had already walked off once. This is petty compared to the brawl back in 2003..lol. Do I think what he did was right? Not at all. But please, an ejection and 1 game suspension will serve just fine.

I am just thankful I was not on the other end of that punch.

agreed. That kind of talk is just stupid...***

Sep 20, 2013, 9:51 AM

I agree with you completely, but if it was a SCar player,

Sep 20, 2013, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: comments below article. ]

we would all be saying the same thing. People here were calling for the death penalty for their program for their recent violations.

Your disguise isn't working...***

Sep 20, 2013, 10:04 AM

I don't think he should've punched him

Sep 20, 2013, 10:09 AM

People talk trash on the field all the time, you've got to have thicker skin than that. However, let's not freak out over a punch. Sometimes it's the only thing that'll shut somebody up. I can't blame the guy for sticking up for himself, depending on what was said. Banning him for life, which some people suggested in that link, would be insane. I mean, guys in the NFL fight each other in TRAINING CAMP. It's not that big of a deal.

Shouldn't have done, stupid, and makes us look very bad

Sep 20, 2013, 10:10 AM

BUT, that was a pretty nasty punch - really didn't seem to take a whole lot to make Battle go from "ahh whatever" to "[BOOM Headbutt] and [uppercut KO]. That's lacking a bit of self control i'd say.

Sep 20, 2013, 10:14 AM

I agree Battle should not have punched....However, that #14 had been asking for it all night. If i am not mistaken, he is the one who head butted Tajh at the beginning of the game with his helmet. I kept saying during the game that somebody needed to flatten him one good time.....just didn't know Battles could hear me.

It's not like he was looking for someone to punch.

Sep 20, 2013, 10:17 AM

The State player was talking ####.

With that said, it was unnecessary.

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,740
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic