Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it true that ESPN has fallen to ninth in viewership
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Is it true that ESPN has fallen to ninth in viewership

Jul 17, 2015, 1:24 PM

Among cable channels. Seems like some cooking channel was number one with discovery two. Something like that.

Not sure if anyone has this list. I just heard the tale
end on the radio the other day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it true that ESPN has fallen to ninth in viewership

Jul 17, 2015, 1:25 PM

tends to happen when there is no footsball on the tv

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you even watch what happens live, bro?***

Jul 17, 2015, 1:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Do you even watch what happens live, bro?***

Jul 17, 2015, 2:08 PM

can you crop that and make me a desktop background?

kthanks

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its been on steady decline

Jul 17, 2015, 1:44 PM

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unbundling-espn-faces-cord-cutting-reality/14765812/

if ESPN ever unbundled they would try to charge something astronomical like $30/month. That is no where near the standard: Sling-$20; Hulu-7.99; Netflix-7.99; HBO-$15; Showtime-$10

and if ESPN keeps going the direction they are going with social issues such as Jenner then they will continue to decline. If it wasn't for College Football then they would be in trouble IMO.

Re: its been on steady decline

Jul 17, 2015, 2:22 PM

They currently charge cable providers 6.00 per subscriber more than any other channel.

It has had me thinking maybe the ACC might be thinking of a direct model. Charging subscribors 4 to 6.

Re: its been on steady decline

Jul 17, 2015, 2:41 PM [ in reply to its been on steady decline ]

Even though I rolled my eyes with the whole Jenner thing, I don't think that's going to hurt their viewership. ESPN is already viewed as a bipolar network. It has great College Football unit, but their NFL unit is not very good (NFL Network, Fox, and CBS are all better IMO...even NBC and their 1-game a week team does better). They have good personalities like Scott Van Pelt, Ryen Russillo, Mike Tirico, Mike & Mike (they're very vanilla, but they're good) and some others...but then they have Stephen A Smith, Skip Bayless, etc.

Ultimately, Disney is a $200 billion company and they're going to win the major television contracts if they want them. Fortunately, their coverage of sports events is still amazing so if you don't want to watch them for their opinions, you can still enjoy their telecasts.

Jul 17, 2015, 1:45 PM

So that means SEC tv should be # 1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2015, 1:51 PM

Part of that slide is because ppl are sick of their lies and agendas and denial

ha ha.....The SEC and the Longhorn Network are tied for

Jul 17, 2015, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it true that ESPN has fallen to ninth in viewership ]

1st

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only thing disturbing about this is that alternative

Jul 17, 2015, 1:50 PM

sports outlets haven't flourished as a replacement.

Fox Sports 1 has been extremely disappointing. The CBS Sports Network is a joke and was better as just a college sports network. NBCSports has chosen to focus on alternative events such as Soccer and Tour De France.

I wish Discovery would launch a Sports Network and just bootstomp ESPN.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Still my most watched network.

Jul 17, 2015, 2:02 PM

Watching the British Open now which has been great. I can't wait for football season though.

I am watching it, too

Jul 17, 2015, 3:35 PM

That wind is wreaking havoc at the moment. They are having a long day, and probably will have another one tomorrow.

BTW, I get the ESPN channels (including WatchESPN) through SlingTV , and add $5 to get ESPNU and a couple of others.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

can you watch all the espn3 broadcasts that way also?***

Jul 17, 2015, 3:54 PM

What is ESPN 2 in the rankings?

Jul 17, 2015, 4:57 PM

ESPN has a lot of it's programming, such as Mike and Mike and First Tame on ESPN 2 or The Herd on The U as well as SVP and Russilo. Most of their highly watched shows they have put on their other networks. I bet if you combine them, they are pretty high. I rarely watch ESPN, but I watch Mike and Mike and The Herd everyday on 2 and U. And for those of you bringing your southern conservative crap into this, get a life. If anything, America is becoming an open accepting nation. I recorded the Espys because I wanted to see Jenners speech. I wouldn't have watched otherwise. It is a courageous thing and the majority of the country sees it that way. It is certainly not hurting their ratings. During the summer, there are no sports that anyone wants to watch. The Womens World Cup was the only thing on sporting wise this summer worth watching. The NBA Finals did great in the ratings for ABC (same company.) ESPN spreads out their programming. It is all the same company. They don't care which one does better.

Re: What is ESPN 2 in the rankings?

Jul 17, 2015, 8:21 PM

I may be wrong and if I am that's fine but I would urge you to research to see if the majority of America sees Jenner as courageous. The media may make it seem that is the opinion of the majority but that is far from the truth. At last time I checked only like 30% of America and maybe less was ok with gay marriage. That doesn't sound like a majority yet it was ok to pass by the Supreme Court? It may seem that more is ok with it bc of the media pushing it in so many homes.

Yes

Jul 17, 2015, 5:04 PM [ in reply to can you watch all the espn3 broadcasts that way also?*** ]

Having a SlingTV subscription allows you to watch ESPN3 live broadcasts and replays. I watch them on my TV via Roku.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic