Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is anybody worried about our size in the trenches?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Is anybody worried about our size in the trenches?

Dec 21, 2019, 9:57 AM

Was just checking the depth charts for both Ohio State and Clemson, and realized Ohio State fans had a valid point about their o-line towering over our d-line. Their guards are about 6-7 each, and their whole o-line is at least 6-4, meanwhile our whole line is smaller than all of them. I know height can only go so far, but also their weights are greater than ours to. I am concerned they will do to us, what we did to others last year and dominate games with their lines of scrimmage.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is anybody worried about our size in the trenches?

Dec 21, 2019, 10:30 AM

You can ask the same thing about there D-line to our O-line. I think our D-line is faster and we have more depth that is playable. Our O-line i think can handle the majority of there blitz packages. From the video I have watched its alot of edge rush and delayed blitz's.... There secondary is good and they produce a coverage sack about every game if not more. But they leave big holes in there defense over the middle and edges when they choose to blitz. As long and we have a checkdown ready we will be ok. I think our d-line will get enough penetration to make him scramble right into Skalski, Simmons. Our secondary i think can run with there receivers. With Simmons being a One look style QB he is susceptible to be picked in this game. But our secondary cant bite on the first move all the time there receivers do alot of double moves. However i do see that they rely on the deep ball about 30% of the time and this is used to open there running game... So i expect to see some press up front with zone in the deep to keep a spy on the deep ball... which we are very good at. Our safety's got to be disciplined this game. Expect Skalski, SImmons to have big games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This isn’t game one. We have statistics.

Dec 21, 2019, 10:40 AM

They gave up nearly three times the sacks that we did and get less yards per rush. I don’t see why their OLine size will be more of an issue for us than it has been for Big Ten opponents.

null

Exactly. Being big doesn’t necessarily equate to being dominant.***

Dec 21, 2019, 10:54 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2019, 10:54 AM

It's notsomuch size but experience that I'm looking forward to watching. Across each teams front, we can be honest and say talent is equated. Both OL/DL for OSU is experienced. Clemson OL is experienced. I think the bigger unknown is how will Clemson's inexperienced DL respond when talent is equated. From what I've watched, BV does a great job masking/offsetting that inexperience with blitz packages and excellent/intelligent LB play.

Dec 21, 2019, 10:57 AM

if it were me, I'd like our big nasties to be monsters, but we've seen plenty of times with plenty of teams how speed kills. plus, we do have that rotational depth to rely upon.

I'm not as certain as some on here that we will enjoy a blowout w either the score or stats. I fully expect Ohio to score on us multiple times, but I'm more confident than not we will win.

Dec 21, 2019, 11:00 AM

If tOSU dominates with their O-Line - then I guess we will have a new school SEC type shoot out with a 52-48 score or thereabouts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic