Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is It Safe
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 581

Is It Safe

Nov 22, 2014, 10:36 AM

for a non Alum to go to the game today? I miss very few games and all of those are on the road, I belong to IPTAY, I support the local merchants with dining, clothes etc., I write a small check to the school each year, I have a grandson who just graduated from Clemson in 2014, I behave myself at games, I love the run down the hill, military appreciation day, I visit the school for things other than sports, I go to Basketball and baseball in addition to football, I love watching the younger generations----so can I bring my wife and a non-alum friend who has been dying to go to a game?
The best place on earth today, November 22, 2014 is in the Death Valley SC Home of THE Clemson Tigers!!!! Please say it's ok to go!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is It Safe

Nov 22, 2014, 10:53 AM

James, if the non graduates attending college football games today did not show up, then IMO, the stands would be only be half-full all across the US. To answer your question: As a graduate of our fine university I say you and others that have shown through the years, or any others that claim allegiance to Clemson U. are very much part of the Clemson Family and DON'T LET ANYBODY TELL YOU DIFFERENT!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ken

James I think you will be alright

Nov 22, 2014, 11:01 AM

The alum/non-alum argument here is stupid. I'm a third generation alumnus and this is my feeling - without the support of people like you there is no Clemson football. There aren't enough alumni alive to fill half of Death Valley.

I will say that alumni have a different vision for the school. A couple years ago there were "Fire Barker" posts all over the place, but I personally think he did a great job improving the reputation of the university, and hence, my degree. I also think that Dabo and company represent my university with the greatest respect. In this competitive world of collegiate football he somehow recruits men with character that are also gifted athletes. For me, that's important. For the casual football fan, it's probably not.

We all want the same thing. A winning football program. The difference for me as an alumnus is that I consider more than wins and losses. I like having players graduate and I like our players staying out of jail. When I say i went to Clemson I can be proud that we do it the right way.

Not hating. Just saying.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you do realize that nobody have ever seriously made

Nov 22, 2014, 11:50 AM

that argument. It's just trolling. Besides I'm twice as good as most everyone in here because I have two Clemson degrees!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just trying to free the world

Nov 22, 2014, 12:44 PM

And I was at Clemson for 6 years, so am I 1.5 times the fan?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this your first game.***

Nov 22, 2014, 11:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 581
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic