Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting that ESPN has not mentioned that Wake Forest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Interesting that ESPN has not mentioned that Wake Forest

Nov 5, 2017, 10:45 AM

had 587 yards total offense against ND yesterday. Galloway said he dropped Clemson below ND because ND beat NCSU worse than Clemson, I get that to a point,but ND was awful defensively against Wake. The 587 yards of offense for Wake was their best offensive total for the year. Wake also had balance, around 360 yards passing and over 225 yards rushing.

I think Miami beats ND next Saturday. If we take care of FSU next week it will set up a great ACC title matchup for Clemson.

It is good for the ACC to have Miami be "Miami" again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting that ESPN has not mentioned that Wake Forest

Nov 5, 2017, 10:46 AM

ND beat them in South Bend. A lot different than playing a Spit-house U!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

ND led 48-23 with 11 minutes left. Game over. Wake

Nov 5, 2017, 10:50 AM

gained a ton of yardage in garbage time just like they did against us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, 587 yards is a lot of garbage. ND must have a pretty

Nov 5, 2017, 11:00 AM

lousy bench.

Just to give a little more detail. Wake had 230 yards of

Nov 5, 2017, 11:51 AM [ in reply to ND led 48-23 with 11 minutes left. Game over. Wake ]

offense in the first half. They had 192 yards in the 3rd quarter, and 160 yards in the 4th quarter.

They had an 82 yard drive for a FG in their first drive of the game, and a 69 yard drive for a TD in the 2nd quarter. The other first half drives totaled around 81 yards of offense, totaling 232 yards for the half.

In the second half, Wake had five straight drives over 50 yards after punting on the first drive in the 3rd quarter. The first of those was a 54 yard drive ending with a missed FG. The next two drives in the 3rd quarter were 63 yards and 75 yards, both for TDs. They had two drives in the 4th quarter, one for 70 yards, and the last for 90 yards, both for TDs.

Basically, Wake had 14 offensive drives during the game, and they only punted 6 times. They had an interception in the first quarter that led to a ND score. They had an 82 yard drive for a FG in the 1st quarter, missed a FG after a 54 yard drive early in the 3rd quarter, and had five TD drives with each over 60 yards, one in the 2nd quarter, two in the 3rd quarter and two in the 4th quarter. They had less yardage in the 4th quarter (160 yards) than the 3rd quarter (192 yards).

All that tells me ND couldn't stop Wake the entire ballgame.

I find it hard seeing ND shutting down Miami, at Miami.

And wake was missing their best wide receiver

Nov 5, 2017, 10:55 AM

Got hurt last week, had that monster game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miami has ND at Miami..

Nov 5, 2017, 11:01 AM

So the referees may actually not be members of the ND alumni association.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was one of the few that picked Miami to beat VT.

Nov 5, 2017, 11:02 AM

I went consider this game using what I know about VT from the Clemson game, Miami's talent and new coach. What I missed was Miami filling that stadium and really being a home team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 11:03 AM

I hate all of the we beat them worse than you did talk. By that logic, Pitt should have won the national championship last year.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 11:03 AM

Obviously Wake must have sneaked in a laptop in the 4th quarter.

Not interesting***

Nov 5, 2017, 11:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be next Saturday.***

Nov 5, 2017, 11:52 AM

100% agree***

Nov 5, 2017, 11:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting what Jesse Palmer stated last night.

Nov 5, 2017, 12:01 PM

He moved ND ahead of us because he felt they looked better against N.C. State than we did, but completely ignored how each of us played against Wake Forest.

ND is getting a lot of credit for their close loss to Georgia, more than the games they have won. I don’t think we will have anything to worry about regarding the Irish, because our resume will be a lot better than theirs if we both win out. I’m not even sure they beat Miami next week.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I completely agree.***

Nov 5, 2017, 12:28 PM

All Media Is Click Bait

Nov 5, 2017, 12:12 PM

the sooner you come to understand this, the less stressful your life.

I'm used to dealing with the

Nov 5, 2017, 12:44 PM

media. That said, facts are facts. The media, just like people on websites, like to give opinions. That is why most of my posts on this board over the last 15 years have usually been related to facts, not just my opinion.

See my follow up facts above for the Wake/ND game.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic