Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting TFL stats
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Interesting TFL stats

Aug 19, 2014, 11:18 AM

A prevailing thought among both fanbases is how well the respective OL's will hold up against the opposing defensive fronts, so I thought I'd take a look at last year's TFL allowed stats. Keep in mind both teams have just about equivalent turnover on the offensive LOS, so these numbers are really no more than interesting starting points for a discussion.

Tackles for loss allowed:

UGA - 4.15 TFL allowed per game. (8th in the nation)

Clemson - 6.92 TFL allowed per game. (103rd in the nation)

Interesting how far down the list Clemson was. I wonder how much of that is scheme related? With UGA being more of a downhill running team and Clemson being more of a spread 'em out and even get the ball to WRs behind the LOS often.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess is a lot of it is scheme related

Aug 19, 2014, 11:32 AM

Also probably related to having a QB who's being relied on to run the ball like a RB a lot for Clemson.

And, of course, you should compare the DL's TFLs. I think Clemson may have led the country, but I know Clemson returns the most TFLs in the country this year. Again, I think part of that is scheme related, since UGa opted for bigger DLs and LBs to clog the running lanes while Clemson relied on faster guys.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep the Clemson DL really got after some teams last year

Aug 19, 2014, 11:39 AM

And put up some sick TFL numbers. One thing to note however, is that Clemson's lowest output for TFLs for the year was against UGA that night. They were able to make 5 TFLs that night against UGA's OL.

That being said, almost all of Clemson's DL returns, and UGA will be replacing three OL starters from that game.

Will certainly be interesting to watch how it turns out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic