Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting Dabo and Marty Smith Interview
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Interesting Dabo and Marty Smith Interview

Jan 6, 2019, 9:04 AM

Marty stated Nick Saban talked about being friends and asked Dabo about the friendship. To paraphrase Dabo, he said he got to know Saban outside football and etc. Not once did Dabo use the word friend while answering the question. Dabo and Saban are polar opposites as far as I'm concerned with being a HC as the only thing in common.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Dabo said they were friends in interview last

Jan 6, 2019, 9:11 AM

Year at the Sugar Bowl. They had summer houses close by and played golf a couple a times a year.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Dabo said they were friends in interview last

Jan 6, 2019, 9:39 AM

They used to vacation near each other at Boca Grande. Saban wanted s free membership and they told him to take a hike. Now he's down the road at another resort but close enough to play golf. I've played golf with colleagues and co-workers but wouldn't consider them friends or run in the same circles with them. I didn't say Dabo hated him, I'm saying they are not close.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They both have houses at Gasparilla Island.***

Jan 6, 2019, 9:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting Dabo and Marty Smith Interview

Jan 6, 2019, 9:42 AM

Actually Dabo and Sahan vacation together each summer and have dinner. No reason for them to be enemies. Kinda like Dabo and Spurrier. It’s lonely at the top. They should be friends. They respect each other.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 9:43 AM

Actually Dabo and Sahan vacation together each summer and have dinner. No reason for them to be enemies. Kinda like Dabo and Spurrier. It’s lonely at the top. They should be friends. They respect each other.

Jan 6, 2019, 10:09 AM

Dabo is friends with Nick and with Spurrier. Beats me why but I guess opposites do attract.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 10:45 AM

Dabo is also friends with Roy Williams and #### Vitale so again opposites do attract...

You're not suggesting that the honorable coach Nick Saban...

Jan 6, 2019, 10:30 AM

just tells people what he wants them to hear and disregards the truth, are you? Nick Saban doesn't have enough respect for anyone to be honest with them. He's the kind of guy who looks down on the world and figures we're blessed to be allowed in his presence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 10:39 AM

I was at Media Day and listened to Saban when he spoke about Dabo. He was extremely complimentary of Dabo and did say he considers him a friend and that they talk fairly frequently in the offseason. During Clemson's period, I was mainly listening to BV and Trevor, so I missed what Dabo said. But - from Saban's part, he was very nice regarding his relationship with Dabo.

As an aside, we were in a sports bar yesterday afternoon and got to hang out with Marty for a bit - extremely nice guy. Exactly who he is on TV is who he is in person.

Message was edited by: wisertime®

Jan 6, 2019, 12:25 PM

Glad to hear it about Marty, I do like his reporting.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic