Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Re: TDP. Hate to rehash divisive topics, but Monday nights
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,919

Jan 12, 2017, 12:07 AM

win made me a little saddened that Terry Don caught so much grief initially (albeit from a very small but vocal minority) as our AD. It wasn't until very late in his tenure that the negativity towards him finally settled.

He really has my respect and appreciation for sticking to his convictions despite the division that existed at that time. A lot of weaker ADs may have caved to save their skins in 2009, and many of us who aren't around the AD everyday never would've known who we had as our head man. And I'm certain we wouldn't be here today had Dabo been let go.

This history should really be a lesson to us that there is a certain degree of faith and even blind support that may be necessary early in a coaches career. That was a tough time to be a tiger because of the division. It's obvious to me that we never really had healed as a fanbase following the departure of coach ford, until Dabo program began to take root (the time when that became obvious to people is open to discussion. I'm just extremely thankful that Terry Don Phillips was certain of it after 2009 when we were 6-7, and he had the conviction to believe in a young WR coach who was building something special but didn't have much to show for it yet. He took the brunt of a lot of the fan bases wrath, yet he never transferred that pressure to Dabo. That's uncommon in this day in age when everybody just wants to save their own skins.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2017, 12:21 AM

Amen brother! TDP had the vision and the backbone to stick by Dabo. He could see the high side potential, and it was well worth the risk. And President Barker could see it too, and stood by TDP.

Jan 12, 2017, 12:22 AM

Amen brother! TDP had the vision and the backbone to stick by Dabo. He could see the high side potential, and it was well worth the risk. And President Barker could see it too, and stood by TDP.

No doubt, we all owe a debt of gratitude to TDP.

Jan 12, 2017, 6:29 AM

He believed in Dabo and took a huge chance - and he has been proven right.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Could not agree more

Jan 12, 2017, 7:11 AM

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

I'm still upset

Jan 12, 2017, 9:11 AM

about the way Red Parker was treated. He was lined up with one of the most talent loaded teams going forward when he was fired. He was colorful, too.

TDP had some massive cojones to take the risk on Dabo

Jan 12, 2017, 9:14 AM

We all owe him a debt of gratitude for seeing Dabo's potential and giving him a chance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,919
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic