Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think that

Oct 17, 2013, 7:55 AM

this "noise record" idea was well-thought out at all by our Athletic Dept. marketing dept., on multiple levels. To be blunt, I think it was a bad idea and something that they should scratch...just encourage fans to show up and be very loud as they usually are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think that

Oct 17, 2013, 8:07 AM

yea setting the record for the sake of setting the record is stupid - it should be broken naturally.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2013, 8:29 AM

I think we should only wear green shirts. Wearing all this orange is just plain dumb.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Oct 17, 2013, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think that ]

Before everyone goes totally nuts on the noise issue, think back to last Thanksgiving weekend, and then tell me how intimidated Dylan Thompson appeared to play in front of that "scary" DV noise level? Here's a guy who is 2nd team, making his first road game start, and he lights the Tigers up for 300+ yards passing. It ain't about the noise made in the bleachers by the Curlys and Moes, but rather the plays made on the field by the Jimmys and Joes!

Tell 'em coot

Oct 17, 2013, 8:39 AM

smh

You don't think a guy named Curly or Moe could play football

Oct 17, 2013, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think that ]

? That is some sort of discrimination.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think our D is just a smidge better than last year's.***

Oct 17, 2013, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think that ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Oct 17, 2013, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't think that ]

The record can't be "broken naturally" as Guiness needs someone there to record it in order for it to be official.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

null

Respectfully disagree

Oct 17, 2013, 8:31 AM

Whatever motivates the crowd to be as loud as ####, I am all for.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

it's only a bad idea if we don't get the record and/or......

Oct 17, 2013, 8:44 AM

we lose

but it's the biggest game in the history of death valley............might as well go all out

we'll see/hear what happens

We lost the last game when we set the earlier noise record,

Oct 17, 2013, 10:21 PM

I don't care about it much this time around. I'm going with the cheerleader's formula, plus of course the hand cup aimed at the QB's earhole. All night long. It's not how loud we are in decibels, it's how fierce we are in noise and spirit from start to finish.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally

Oct 17, 2013, 8:51 AM

I'm not going to do anything different. I yell so loud at every game that I literally get light headed and feel "out of body" until our offense gets back on the field. I do like the motivation for EVERYONE to be loud...but if people aren't on the internet/social media, they may not be aware of the record attempt. It's either going to happen or not. As far as I'm concerned, it will be all natural! Go Tigers

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!***

Oct 17, 2013, 8:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Ok...Why?***

Oct 17, 2013, 9:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the "noise record" is the new "fastest 40-ever"

Oct 17, 2013, 10:19 AM

there is absolutely no way to legitimately compare noise volumes..if it matters, they should standardize methods and try to get a meaningful quantitative measure..otherwise, i agree with the op, it's a meaningless waste of effort.

GoTiguhs!!

To be loudest ever you have to have a guiness rep there

Oct 17, 2013, 10:21 AM

and they record it and verify it. So it is somewhat standardized.

What does your race, color, religion, sex or national origin

Oct 17, 2013, 10:07 PM

have to do with breaking the noise record?

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic