Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
this #### just got real
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 425

this #### just got real

Mar 25, 2020, 10:26 AM

So since this virus has been ramping up and more people are getting outside, the d i k e s in Clemson have been getting more crowded. ####, when I see Tony Elliot with his family out there, you know there is something going on.

Anyway, walking the dogs last night between rain storms, not many people out there, a couple of people here and there. Anyway, walk the dogs across the first d i k e and everything is cool, dogs are getting a lot of retrieving done down the hill and into the water. Walk across Old Gville Hwy and take a trail through the woods to get to the crew facility. This place is dead which is fine by me.

Me and the dogs are at the end of a dock enjoying the calmness when Clemson Univ cop car shows up. He explains to me that they are closing all Clemson facilities and I needed to leave. Real nice guy, keeps apologizing that he is running me off. I am cool with it since it is getting dark and he is not giving me any grief about the beer in my hand. He also told me that they are closing the d i k e s.

Walk back through the woods to cross Old Gville Hwy and there is a fire truck and cop car at the parking area at the end of the d i k e. I think they are repositioning the barriers that someone moved and they have ran off all the people that were parked there. I thought about trying to walk back across the d i k e but change my mind and started to head down the road on the sidewalk toward the Esso Club. Cop says, sir, sir, and calls me back. Wants to know where the #### I am going. I said I am going home and get can get there quicker if I cross the d i k e. He says no, can't do that and was just wondering if I was headed into any other restricted areas.

They can lock entryways on the end of the d i k e but not sure if they did that. You can get on the one d i k e from the overflow parking for the Esso Club but not sure how they will stop people from going that way. Maybe they will just patrol the area and run you off if they see you.

Not sure if campus is closed. I will try to walk the dogs through there but the d i k e is primo since it has access to the water.

Parks and trails are being closed I guess mainly because the amount of visitors have drastically increased and probably they are not keeping far enough park. Not sure what they are going to close next.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

If they’re all hyper-focused on the dykes, it sounds

Mar 25, 2020, 10:28 AM

Like a solid time to go damsliding at Isaqueena.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They still do that? I did it 27 years ago.***

Mar 25, 2020, 10:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they put up a freaking gate and cameras like 15-20 yrs ago

Mar 25, 2020, 10:32 AM

I can only assume it was some post 911 knee-jerk damm protection crap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Summer of 1993 visited and went sliding there

Mar 25, 2020, 10:37 AM

Oddly, I never went back as an actual student (94-99).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there were a couple years there in the mid 90’s when

Mar 25, 2020, 10:45 AM

I was there 2-3 times a week in the warm months. That place was my jam. Paddled my kayak over it a few times.

Bet that hit at the bottom was nice.

Mar 25, 2020, 10:52 AM

I learned the cracks to avoid the one time I went. Several places were safe to slide back then. You had to know the smooth spots. Never did the full-on crazy jumps off the top corners, but watched others cheat death doing it.

I believe the last time I went out there as a freshman

Mar 25, 2020, 12:02 PM [ in reply to there were a couple years there in the mid 90’s when ]

was the time I watched a mumbo-sized turd float past me at the bottom. That effectively ended my Issaqueena ### excursions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you'd have seen what was at the bottom when the water got

Mar 25, 2020, 1:12 PM [ in reply to If they’re all hyper-focused on the dykes, it sounds ]

down like 20' a few years back, it would make you cringe a little bit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was there?***

Mar 25, 2020, 1:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Piles of brush, chain link fencing, random scrap metal***

Mar 25, 2020, 1:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds fun to land on after a 30' almost vertical slide***

Mar 25, 2020, 1:32 PM

I guess you could still access by the Football Facility and

Mar 25, 2020, 10:30 AM

walk up the hill?

Alternatively, you and the dog could swim over from the nearby Y beach area.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm guessing Hartwell is closed off as well?***

Mar 25, 2020, 10:34 AM

not sure, waiting on gov't to close off boat ramps

Mar 25, 2020, 10:36 AM

don't have boat, so don't care

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Paging Mr. Bum, Mr. Lakebum!

Mar 25, 2020, 10:38 AM [ in reply to I'm guessing Hartwell is closed off as well?*** ]

Lakebum1®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

They're closing Greenpond landing, but haven't heard about

Mar 25, 2020, 1:10 PM [ in reply to I'm guessing Hartwell is closed off as well?*** ]

the others. Portman is private, so I doubt they'll shut down unless deemed non essential and ordered by the state. They could gate off the ramp I use, but honestly the chain would probably be cut within 30 minutes of them doing that.

I'm waiting for DNR to close the landings here.

Mar 25, 2020, 1:19 PM

Figures....supposed to be almost 90 here this weekend.

Are they all considered state parks?***

Mar 25, 2020, 1:33 PM

I'm not sure. I don't think so.

Mar 25, 2020, 2:19 PM

I googled Shem Creek boat landing and it appears to be part of Charleston county park system. Then I saw this stupid description:

"Unassuming boat launch site with a ramp & a floating dock popular with kayakers & paddleboarders."

No wonder those a-holes ruin the thing in the summers.

I'm planning on fishing Keowee Fri

Mar 25, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to They're closing Greenpond landing, but haven't heard about ]

If that doesn't work, my dad has a ramp on Secession

I went through Seneca this morning and it seemed like

Mar 25, 2020, 1:34 PM

business as usual through there. There was more traffic there than there's been in Greenville all week.

I've heard that cops havee been told to not mess with minor

Mar 25, 2020, 1:37 PM

violations right now, so I think its open season for speeding, and convenience store shoplifting.

Re: I've heard that cops havee been told to not mess with minor

Mar 25, 2020, 2:02 PM

incest?

Asking for a fran

And I don't know how I feel about relationships with minors being overlooked. That is just sick.

They certainly haven't seemed to mind me doing 20+ over

Mar 25, 2020, 2:06 PM [ in reply to I've heard that cops havee been told to not mess with minor ]

the speed limit. They really all need light bars on the roof, the unmarked cars aren't fair.

yes. I've seen Coaches Bates and Reed out with there familie

Mar 25, 2020, 12:16 PM

walking/riding around the hood more in the last week than I have in prior 18 months that we've lived here.

I've pretty much taken to staying indoors, in and around our yard. maybe a stroll around the neighborhood or on the walking trail.

After a week of explaining, my son is finally starting to get that we can't visit his friends and that will help. He's usually pretty content staying around the house too. It just means that I have to play a lot of Legos and firetrucks with him. It's ok as long as my job is fine with it, I suppose. :-\

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Sesqui was open for several days...

Mar 25, 2020, 1:44 PM
IMG_1661.jpg(154.9 K)

technically closed but gates open. Now they have closed the gates because it was too crowded.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 425
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic