Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LOLUTZ.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

LOLUTZ.

Jan 16, 2019, 2:55 PM

Who in the fornicating fornicate thought Alabama vs. Duke in the Chic-fil-A kickoff game was a brilliant stroke of television mastery that would have America on the edge of its collective seat and would translate into billions of dollars of advertising dollar conversions immediately after the game?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'll be eating those words with that game goes into OT***

Jan 16, 2019, 2:56 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just as well.

Jan 16, 2019, 2:58 PM

I wasn't planning on cooking that night anyway.

Stroke of ESPN genius. We beat Duke by 29 at home and

Jan 16, 2019, 3:00 PM

Bama by 28 on a neutral field. So, if home field means 3 points, spread should be Duke -2.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Duke is deceptively good. Bama is deceptively bad.

Jan 16, 2019, 3:06 PM

It could be THE game that shocks and truly dethrones Bama. They will play down. After our but kickin, and coaching changes, and transfers, Saban will have his hands full motivating them for that game. It COULD be a shocker greater than the NC.

The greatest thing is I'd bet Bama does NOT beat Duke by more points than we beat Bama in the NC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duke lost their QB. Not saying they wont be decent, but

Jan 16, 2019, 3:15 PM

it aint happening.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd like it to be a close game.

Jan 16, 2019, 3:31 PM

Don't really want Duke to win, but close is fine with me. 14 points or less mov

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not as convinced as some that the entire Alabama

Jan 16, 2019, 4:07 PM

football program is free-falling towards mediocrity. Duke might be competitive for a short while, but I think they'll get soundly trounced when all is said and done.

I'm not sold on them being the greatest team of all time

Jan 16, 2019, 4:19 PM

either. And that's not me using 20/20 hindsight either. I predicted us to win by 14+ before the game. But they are a solid top 5 team. At times they've been head and shoulders above the competition. But not this year, and I predict next year they'll drop off a little. Still a top 5 team, but maybe 3,4,5.

As for Duke, they're better than most give them credit for. They are very well coached. No match for Alabama, UNLESS we got in Alabama's head, and/or they overlook Duke.

I'd give duke a 10% chance of winning, simply on the sneak-up factor. I give them maybe a 60% chance of NOT losing by 28 points or more.

They may very well be the greatest program historically, but

Jan 16, 2019, 4:32 PM

I think we already settled the 'greatest all-time team' debate. They were NOT that in 2018. Could they be in 2019? That remains to be seen.

A few things are certain...they'll be good in 2019, they'll need to fill some holes from their graduation/draft losses, and they'll be looking to make a statement on the heels of their last performance. I'm not saying they'll beat Duke by 50, I'm just saying that when the dust settles, a lot of folks will have changed the channel because the outcome won't be anything close to in doubt.

Hold up there, bucko

Jan 16, 2019, 4:43 PM [ in reply to I'm not sold on them being the greatest team of all time ]

THey have the strongest quality loss of any team in the country

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they share that distinction with Notre Dame

Jan 16, 2019, 4:50 PM

I know, technically, you would think our stock would rise after beating ND, thus resulting in the Alabama loss being to an even more well regarded foe, but pretty much the narrative after we beat ND was that Notre Dame did not belong.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you just illustrated my point

Jan 16, 2019, 5:32 PM

The media had Alabama in the stratosphere of college football WAY above the rest. Like there was Alabama (MAYBE Clemson is CLOSE, but Clemson is unproven) and then the rest of college football.

At least this year we got the honor of being considered the best team to challenge Bama after the ND victory. But I'm not buying any massive difference between Alabama, UGA, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and ND.

It's all just BS. I'll watch the games and I'll never be presumptuous enough to think Clemson is the best team EVER in college football. We were the best team in college football last year. And that's all I'll ever accept. Pitt or Syracuse, or anyone can beat us on any given Saturday. Same for Alabama. El Cid gave them a wakeup call. UGA gave them a wakeup call. Syracuse gave us a wakeup call. Pitt beat us and we still won the NC.

I'll admit I watched more talking heads the last two weeks than in the prior 5 years, but only because it was fun watching their Bama/Saban idolatry crumble. I've turned them off now and probably won't pay attention to them again for a long time.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic