Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm in the camp of being concerned re the Bama OC change
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,498

I'm in the camp of being concerned re the Bama OC change

Jan 3, 2017, 6:18 PM

My main concern is that Saban will do this only if it benefits Bama.

Dabo says that if Bama had a month to prepare, there could be a concern, but not with just a week.

My question is, how do we know they have only "known" this for a week? Who is to know that this hasn't been in the works from the time that Kiffin took the job?

I don't trust this "window dressing" of this change.

Hopefully our staff has considered all of the possibilities....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This hasn't been in works for a month...

Jan 3, 2017, 6:32 PM

Saban is very calculated. He is a very rigid man and his in own set of processes. A lot of coaches have a hard time working for him due to this.

Had Saban had a plan like this in place they would have dumped Kiffin prior to semis. No need for all this drama leading into biggest game of year.

Might we see some new wrinkles? Yes. However I do beleieve we are going to see a heavy dose of running. Saban doesn't want to get into a shootout with us again.

He will do his best to establish the run and chew clock. That's his MO and that's where he and Kiffin differed some. Sark comes from the same coaching tree as Kiffin. Bet the farm that Saban has/will be very involved in offense this week.

I certainly hope you are right...but after looking at a Bama

Jan 3, 2017, 7:04 PM

board, there is at least "reports" of this. Yes, I know it's the internet, and it's not from an official source, but things like "CrimsonTide" wrote sure don't seem to be out of the realm of possibility:

http://alabama.247sports.com/Board/116/Contents/Lane-Kiffin-out-Steve-Sarkisian-to-assume-OC-duties-50213448?Page=2#M50214534

Just hoping that we are prepared for all of this to be an attempt to mislead us, their opposition.

We don't want them playing chess, while we play checkers.

Re: I'm in the camp of being concerned re the Bama OC change

Jan 3, 2017, 6:36 PM

Stark couldn't talk to or work with players until the change.

Their QB just lost the only QB coach that he's worked with at Bama.

Even if Stark was scouting Clemson and OSU for the past month, the team didn't have the opportunity to work on his findings.

Saban did not plan this. This is not, as they say, trickeration. It smells more of panic to me and a decision that will likely cost them in the productivity department on Monday night.

Jan 3, 2017, 7:00 PM

While I understand there is a rule he could not talk to or work with the players, I'm not so sure Bama would believe that applied to them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2017, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm in the camp of being concerned re the Bama OC change ]

I hope you are right on this, and I do see where you are coming from. It is not in Saban's DNA to get rid of a coach 7 days before a NC Game, unless it was provoked, and my guess is the players are in a bit of a state of confusion, too. Will they perform well? I will say yes, because they are great athletes and to be playing for Saban, you can bet they take orders well. Still, I would bet there is some trepidation as to what they run, how they run it and how well they carry out a similar, but somewhat altered game plan and set of expectations than they are used to. I hope we are the beneficiaries of any hesitancy or doubt on their part.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a tinfoil hat free zone***

Jan 3, 2017, 7:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,498
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic