Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Country Music Awards
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 772

Country Music Awards

Nov 13, 2020, 8:02 AM

I don't watch, don't follow Country Music, etc but my insta timeline let me know Sturgill Simpson is pissed and so are Isbell and Shires. Apparently the CMAs did no tribute to Prine, JJW, or Billy Joe Shaver. They did have time to let Hootie play RH Tig's new favorite song, Beers and Sunshine.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHh5hvwFOoC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

looks like Sturgill might have deleted his, it was great though.

https://liveforlivemusic.com/news/sturgill-simpson-blasts-cma-awards-john-prine-snub/

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love these quotes

Nov 13, 2020, 8:08 AM

“Two seconds,” a vexed Simpson lamented in a video clip posted to Instagram in which the CMA Awards broadcast is playing on a screen behind him. “That’s all it would’ve took. Two seconds. Literally, two syllables. John. Prine. That’s it… nope.” He continued, pointing over his shoulder at Rucker’s performance of his painfully clichéd new song, “Beers and Sunshine”, “All the time in the world for this s–t.”

He doubled down on the sentiment in the post’s caption, noting, “Don’t get it twisted,.. wouldn’t be caught dead at this tacky ### glitter and botox cake & #### pony show even if my chair had a morphine drip. … I just wanted to see if they would say his name but nope. No time for Buddha…and I promise you they were asked to include him so a ‘nope, no time’ decision was made by somebody..on Veterans Day no less.” Prine, who served in the U.S. Army prior to pursuing music, was never nominated for a CMA Award during his decades-long career.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

way to go Sturgill!***

Nov 13, 2020, 9:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Honestly, it's just easier to give up the use of the term

Nov 13, 2020, 8:11 AM

'Country music' and stick with the term 'Americana' and just let the corporate machine have that one to continue fooling the soulless American sheep herd with their manufactured pop music gruel.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But it would be more fun to get with

Nov 13, 2020, 8:18 AM

some of these Nashville record executives and expedite their meeting Jesus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should come over to music row and observe them.

Nov 13, 2020, 8:22 AM

They're about as Southern as Richard Simmons. Bentley convertibles, loudass outfits that would make Payne Stewart blush, and little lap dogs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't be gross***

Nov 13, 2020, 9:36 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

beat me to it.....

Nov 13, 2020, 8:19 AM

Just saw Isbell's this morning...good for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turned that show on for a short while

Nov 13, 2020, 8:25 AM

It sucked immensely, so we switched....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Am I the only person that thinks ALL

Nov 13, 2020, 8:28 AM

award shows suck? Just give me a concert.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm guessing Florida Georgia Line cleaned up again.

Nov 13, 2020, 8:28 AM

AS
THEY
SHOULDEEEEEEEEZZZZEEEEE NNUUUUTTTZZZ

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We all just need more Yoakam in our lives

Nov 13, 2020, 8:35 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLprAUar11U

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen***

Nov 13, 2020, 9:38 AM

Replies: 12
| visibility 772
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic