Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I suspect MSNBC won't be offer much more airtime
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 540

I suspect MSNBC won't be offer much more airtime

Jan 30, 2019, 3:08 PM

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/01/30/howard_schultz_im_a_billionaire_i_thought_that_was_the_american_dream.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I suspect MSNBC won't be offer much more airtime

Jan 30, 2019, 3:39 PM

I think Shultz saw the 70% tax rate proposals and decided to stick up for his fellow billionaires.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm asking because I don't know.

Jan 30, 2019, 3:57 PM

How many rich people actually make > $10M on W2 wages or other income streams that would be affected by a 70% marginal income tax?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its all populist bluster***

Jan 30, 2019, 4:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably not many.

Jan 30, 2019, 4:03 PM [ in reply to I'm asking because I don't know. ]

When you job consists of opening the mail to check and see how much money your investments made, then you are probably not paying any on W2.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess professional golfers would get screwed.

Jan 30, 2019, 4:09 PM

And Steph Curry. I'm fine with that.

You got to hit capital gains if you want to pinch the rich

Jan 30, 2019, 5:24 PM [ in reply to I'm asking because I don't know. ]

I mean a CEO makes a $200,000 salary, which goes on his W2, then exercises $20,000,000 in stock options. Gets taxed at 40% on 200K and 15% on 20 mil. They base your capital gains tax rate on your income (that's the 200K).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t know much about his platform,

Jan 30, 2019, 3:54 PM

But I can’t say I’ve heard him say anything dumb yet. Mostly common sense stuff. It’s sad that a guy saying common sense things seemed unique to me. I’ll keep watching him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's a capitalist

Jan 30, 2019, 4:00 PM

hence why he's no longer welcome in the Democrat party.

Shultz, Trump, Bloomberg, Sayer....now the Billionaires

Jan 31, 2019, 1:12 PM

won't to be President....because they are billionaires.

330 Million Americans and we can't come up with better than someone's son, wife or a freaking billionaire to lead the country.

American's diefy wealth and the wealthy. I wonder if we just don't deserve this.

You're looking at it from the wrong angle.

Jan 31, 2019, 1:15 PM

It takes a ton of money to win the presidency. That's the system we've now made for ourselves.

You can take Joe average, who would need to ess so much crooked dee and make so many promises to donors that he's compromised before he ever sets foot in the office, or someone who is already independently wealthy and is compromised only in a couple areas.

So look at the bright side!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 540
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic