Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you suffer from depression and need a light to show you
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,685

If you suffer from depression and need a light to show you

Aug 5, 2018, 10:55 AM

the way forward, watch BD’s NFL HOF speech...

https://youtu.be/ePFNXHJ2mjA

Then listen to this song, which is an ode to everything BD spoke about in that speech and embrace the commitment to persevere no matter how dark it may seem at the moment...

https://youtu.be/vk8RWPRTh5U

Remember the message they are sending you. Do not give up and do not give in because it isn’t in your blood.

Better days will come. Just know that and keep plowing forward and don’t be afraid to ask for help along the way. Allow others to help you, because in doing so it helps them too.

No one gets through this life alone. Everybody needs help ALONG THE WAY. And I mean EVERYBODY!

Peace be with you... ????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used to scoff at medication, esp with how they are pushed in the US

Aug 5, 2018, 11:05 AM

But I've seen firsthand how lifechanging a low dose antidepressant can be.
Only wish insurance would be more proactive in covering talk therapy.

Check out the ACE Study if you're ever bored... its fascinating. The greater your number of Adverse Childhood Events, the greater your probability of physical comorbidities like hypertension, obesity, diabetes, etc.. It has been proven for decades, but pharma can't make $ on each billable thereapy hour.

Solid post! Tu to you!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Amen. Depression is real; it's a legitimate illness.

Aug 5, 2018, 11:41 AM

It's more than just feeling sad. It doesn't just get better. You can't just tough it out. And, it doesn't just happen to those who are weak. It happens to people from all walks of life; Old, young, strong, frail, mean, kind, introvert, extrovert, big, little, men, women, wealthy, poor, middle class. Anybody and everybody. Medication and therapy work. Listen to Brian Dawkins - if you are suffering, get help; it's readily available. If you know someone who is suffering, make sure they get the help they need. As Brian Dawkins says, you can come out on the other side.

God Bless Brian Dawkins. Making Clemson proud!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You all make me proud... BD not withstanding! ??***

Aug 5, 2018, 12:04 PM

Re: If you suffer from depression and need a light to show you

Aug 5, 2018, 6:04 PM

Thanks to those who offered advice and encouragement for anyone reading this post.

If this applies to you, I just hope you know you are not alone and it is not where things will end... it is an opportunity to conquer and persevere... embrace it and take action! PLEASE!

Aug 5, 2018, 9:23 PM

Good post so many people suffer from some level of depression and are told to just get over it. Because people can not see it like they do a physical problem they don't understand.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2018, 7:37 AM

Great post! Thanks for sharing. This could be the catalyst that helps some people on this board reach out and seek help. You may have saved a life!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2018, 7:56 AM

Can't believe there's a family anywhere that doesn't have someone with depression or social anxiety disorders. So common and I personally feel that the public has an understanding of this. I was once teaching a class for public school teachers and asked who in the room was on medication for depression or anxiety and one half raised their hands. And those were the ones that admitted.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2018, 8:09 AM

It is the silent majority. Folks need to know they are not abnormal or alone. It is more common than we realize. Take solace in knowing that this is not just you. It is what many of us go through. Just persevere and don’t be ashamed to ask for help. Admit you could use it.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,685
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic