Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
HOLY MOTHER OF GREENR...I DID THE YORKIEST THING A PERSON
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

HOLY MOTHER OF GREENR...I DID THE YORKIEST THING A PERSON

Dec 15, 2017, 8:03 AM

CAN POSSIBLY DO LAST NIGHT.

Mrs. Tig is the elected secretary of the York County Beekeepers Association, which held its annual Christmas Dinner Fundraiser last night at Bullock's Creek Cowboy Church. The whole Cowboy Church concept is interesting by itself, but that's just where the group meets. The Beekeepers are by and large WELL past retirement age, whiter than a bag of rice in the snow, and staunchly conservative enough to make 95% of the Republican party look like Bernie Sanders. The dinner was catered by Jackson's in Clover, and from what I gather the lure of free Jackson's food multiplied a group that normally might see a dozen people at a regular meeting to somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 people. I saw more than a few women that might actually be able to block Dexter Lawrence walk away from the buffet line with a plate of meat in one hand and a plate of mashed potatoes and gravy in the other. Mrs. Tig had to be there early as an officer and help set up, but she told me that before I arrived there was a fairly animated discussion about people wearing ugly Christmas sweaters and how Jesus would not appreciate anything 'ugly' being associated with the celebration of his birth.

All in all, very nice people...but even being white and growing up in York County, I was WAY out of my element last night.

FYI...If you're not familiar with the Cowboy Church movement: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_church

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those are my kind of people

Dec 15, 2017, 8:09 AM

And the Yankees are overtaking the homeland.

Glad to hear real natural Southerners still exist in YOCO

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

178 a day

Dec 15, 2017, 8:30 AM

Heard this am that SC topped 5 million last June

And they acted like it was a good thing?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

YoCo? You aren't our type of people.***

Dec 15, 2017, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Those are my kind of people ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HOLY MOTHER OF GREENR...I DID THE YORKIEST THING A PERSON

Dec 15, 2017, 8:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I don't even know York that well,

Dec 15, 2017, 8:17 AM

but that DOES sound Yorky af.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been to a LOT of York events in my time.

Dec 15, 2017, 8:21 AM

You can imagine that being the case since Mrs. Tig teaches at the high school there, but this was almost otherworldly. Maybe a bit Chester-esque, if you will.

How's the Chicken King on Main St?***

Dec 15, 2017, 8:24 AM

Na man your woman is classy

Dec 15, 2017, 8:25 AM [ in reply to I've been to a LOT of York events in my time. ]

more Tega Cay ish

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Tega Cay-ish?

Dec 15, 2017, 8:28 AM

Now, we are officially sworn enemies and I WILL drink champagne from your bleached skull for that horrific slight.

INDIA HOOK

Dec 15, 2017, 8:31 AM

I MEANT INDIA HOOK

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's Indiehuk dang it

Dec 15, 2017, 8:32 AM

Even I know that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Yeah well that's not what the sign says***

Dec 15, 2017, 8:34 AM

Pronounce "Buena Vista" like a Virginian.

Dec 15, 2017, 8:38 AM [ in reply to It's Indiehuk dang it ]

No Introduction knows this one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll allow the retraction.

Dec 15, 2017, 8:36 AM [ in reply to INDIA HOOK ]

But you DO realize I still have to throat-punch you, right? I mean...as a teacher, you understand that as a learning method to keep you from making that kind of mistake in the future, I'm sure.

Agreed. But I must warn you

Dec 15, 2017, 8:38 AM

that's where I carry the most fat

Bouncy, with zero knuckle damage.***

Dec 15, 2017, 8:43 AM

More like squishy***

Dec 15, 2017, 8:44 AM

I want to be a beekeeper

Dec 15, 2017, 8:47 AM

Cuz old. Can you get me some free bees?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I have discovered watching Mrs. Tig keep bees is that

Dec 15, 2017, 8:49 AM

they're a snowflake insect that cannot survive in the wild without vast amounts of human intervention. I would suggest keeping flies unless you want to throw ridiculous amounts of time and money trying to keep bees alive.

If you live in the upstate, there's a place in Pickens

Dec 15, 2017, 9:05 AM [ in reply to I want to be a beekeeper ]

that can help get you started. This year was my first as a beekeeper, and I started small (1 colony). My brother in law started at the same time with a colony right next to mine. They're fascinating creatures, but very hit or miss the first year (and as I understand it, every year).

My colony thrived with very little attention on my part. Good brood pattern, strong queen, lots of nectar/pollen/honey etc..

His colony struggled all year long and probably won't make it through the winter. Mine had a pretty fair chance of making it, until about 2 weeks ago, when a bear came into his backyard (where we keep the hives) and completely demolished my colony. Gorged on the honey and trampled a ton of bees, possibly even the queen.

Didn't touch his hive. FML

All in all, i'll try again next year once we erect some kind of electric fence to keep the bears out. Only real problem we had this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So not only do you run the risk of getting stung

Dec 15, 2017, 9:07 AM

but it attracts bears

Great.

A meth hobby would be safer

To be fair, I handled the bees with just a long sleeve shirt

Dec 15, 2017, 10:31 AM

long pants and a beekeepers veil. Usually didn't even use gloves. I only got stung once, and that's when I went back over to the hive after I had desuited to do something and got tagged right above the eye. Completely my fault really.

Otherwise, they're really quite docile. Apparently even when a bear is attacking them. Bet they just rolled out the red carpet and said "here, take our honey"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do those women who could block Big Dex have any eligibility?

Dec 15, 2017, 8:55 AM

‘‘Tis the recruiting season!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet one of them was Ricky Tidwell's mama

Dec 15, 2017, 10:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1OjRiQZS8g

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Question and then a HUGE pet peeve

Dec 15, 2017, 8:58 AM

Did you include Greenr in this post because he and the restaurant that catered the event are both from Clover?

Also, WHY IN THE BLUEHELL DO PEOPLE NOT KNOW HOW TO USE A FRIGGIN ' SIGN? THERE IS NO NEED FOR THERE TO BE ONE IN THE WORD "SUNDAY'S" IT SHOULD SIMPLY BE "SUNDAYS"! THIS SHID BOTHERS TF OUT OF ME!

This could be the best post ever in the Jounge

Dec 15, 2017, 9:07 AM

EVER

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have never heard of this place and had to google it

Dec 15, 2017, 10:12 AM

which led me to a lot beside Peabody's junkyard.

I'm thinking it must be that red barn with the gravel lot on Edgefield, just past the meth trailers and the trailer that sometimes houses the crackhead (Pee Wee) that paints houses. Man is a #### good painter but he is so cracked out and drunk that he can't stay out of jail. Painted my entire house interior for $500 and a case of Malt Liquor (no bullshitttting).

Those ladies exist, especially in Western YC, and I am probably kin to some of them. Glad you had a good time and I agree that Jesus would not like those ugly sweaters associated with his birthday. Now, a nice Christmas jumper with snowmen, snowflakes, reindeer, and Christmas trees is a different story. Those would be appreciated by the Baby Jesus.

RH Tig

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was it craft malt liquor ?***

Dec 15, 2017, 10:18 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is a crackhead, it was the blue bull IIRC, not sure

Dec 15, 2017, 10:21 AM

cause wife bought it for him.

Google was W R O N G

Dec 16, 2017, 9:58 AM [ in reply to I have never heard of this place and had to google it ]

It kept trying to send me to a pitch black spot on the road just past the junkyard where there was no structure or road of any kind. Had to circle back to the grill and ask. The Cowboy Church is actually a couple of miles away. I guess this net neutrality thing will be the demise of Google.

MOTHRA eats honey bees for breakfast***

Dec 15, 2017, 10:54 AM

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic