Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you just listened to Finebaum on Sirius 91
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,981

If you just listened to Finebaum on Sirius 91

Dec 5, 2014, 8:31 AM

Explain away all 4 of the ACC wins over the SEC last weekend to Greg McElroy, you would reluctantly pull for FSU to win it all. However, it was satisfying listening to Finebaum have to explain last Saturday because it did nothing for the little bit of credibility he has.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you just listened to Finebaum on Sirius 91

Dec 5, 2014, 8:55 AM

I've been waiting to hear McElroy explain/justify his picking SC over Clemson. No rational behind his pick, especially when the consensus was that Watson would play. We were favored by Vegas and we were at home; sporting the #1 defense in the country! Yet, he still felt SC would win the game. Why? Never heard him at any point this week admit how wrong he was.

He is such an SEC homer and has given Clemson very little respect all season long.

To be fair, we have been favored at home with more

Dec 5, 2014, 8:57 AM

talent during the streak and lost. Sometimes its just a matter of going with a team until proven otherwise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: To be fair, we have been favored at home with more

Dec 5, 2014, 9:13 AM

True. My friend was asking me whether or not he should bet on Clemson and I told him "On paper, we should have won the last two games, but we have totally shat ourselves and fallen apart. I wouldn't even think about touching this game."

He decided we had Watson, so he put money on the Tigers and won haha.

Not only is he a homer but he knows NOTHING

Dec 5, 2014, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: If you just listened to Finebaum on Sirius 91 ]

about any other conference except Coach X and Player Y and Z from every team.

And he offers no insightful criticism or analysis he's always like "Gee, shucks Wally, I really love Coach ________, they're a great team..."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finebaum is a Filthy Rat-Faced Hypocrite Who Works Seedy

Dec 5, 2014, 9:12 AM

Homosexual Glory Holes Late at Night. Please Ignore The Semen-Infused Breath Rants From This Inbred Sack of Human Trash.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finebaum is a Filthy Rat-Faced Hypocrite Who Works Seedy

Dec 5, 2014, 9:14 AM

Tell us what you really think

Paul Touched My Bathing Suit Parts***

Dec 5, 2014, 9:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FUNNY, True, Concise...your post

Dec 5, 2014, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Finebaum is a Filthy Rat-Faced Hypocrite Who Works Seedy ]

made my morning.

I hope he and McElroy ended up getting a room

Dec 5, 2014, 9:15 AM

together. That was pathetic.

That's why EVERYONE else hates the "rah rah SEC" ######## because the criterion is a moving target. They always have a convenient excuse for why something happened (e.g. 0-4 vs. ACC) and then a "well we still have THIS" to change it--"Well, Alabama will still win everything so the SEC is the best!"

Dec 5, 2014, 9:19 AM

There's an obvious explanation. Since none of the teams who lost to ACC teams last weekend had a shot at the 4 team "playoff" for the National Championship, none of them were really trying to win. They would have just forfeited but their AD's wouldn't go for that so they had to show up and at least make an appearance. But if they had wanted to win they would have easily beaten their ACC counterpart. It's hard for me to believe but that's the kind of "crap" I'm hearing from the SEC fans in my community here in the Augusta area. They are as delusional at President Obama. But then, they're SEC fans, so that really goes without saying. I said to one Georgia fan, "If they can't get up to play their in-state rival they should disband the team and concentrate on basketball." Of course, he loved that comment. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not that way in North Georgia. The SEC got blistered and

Dec 5, 2014, 9:48 AM

they are doooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn about it. Great to be a Clemson and ACC fan this week.

Finebaum

Dec 5, 2014, 9:36 AM

On shows with more of a national base like Gameday, he is an annoying SEC shill like everyone has described in this thread. But, I can't get enough of the Paul Finebaum show on Sirius 84. It's pretty much the same Bama show as it was before, and I LOVE it. It's Jerry Springer for the SEC! Some redneck will call, and Finebaum will just sit back and let them spew their redneckedness. IF I were an SEC fan though, I'd hate him with every fiber of my being, but to me, he's simply a cartoon character.....

i heard him interview a playoff committee guy

Dec 5, 2014, 9:39 AM

and it was the most awkward interview ever. He'd ask a question in his monotone voice, the guy would answer and then Finebaum would just sit there in silence for 10 seconds with no one talking. Just dead air. Not sure if he was pissed at his answers or what but this went on for every question for 10 minutes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Roll Tide War Eagle

Dec 5, 2014, 10:01 AM

That interview "style" I noticed in the 30 for 30 (or SEC Storied can't remember) Roll Tide War Eagle. I love it when he does it with the uneducated "Bammer" & Auburn fans, because in my head he let's them say something stupid, then doesn't respond immediately to sort of let it "sink in" to the listeners, to let us make up our minds about how idiotic they are. Then he'll say something respectful back to them so that he doesn't upset his base. Legit journalism like national sports channels or interviewing a playoff committee member though, I agree that that style doesn't fly.

Just like the clowns on Columbia talk radio who said...

Dec 5, 2014, 9:41 AM

...going 11-1 in a rivalry shows dominance over a team moreso than 12-0 does and hurts the other fans more.

They will absolutely try and talk themselves in to reasoning or logic that carries no weight other than making themselves feel better about themselves.

Facts are facts, Mizzou was a .500 big 12 team who has come in and absolutely owned their division in their first 3 years. I'm also willing to bet that the SEC west ends up with a losing record in the bowl games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Dec 5, 2014, 10:02 AM

If the SEC had won them all, he would be blabbing about how bad the ACC is and the SEC is just so wonderful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,981
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic