Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we were to hire a new coach.. Who do we hire?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,503

If we were to hire a new coach.. Who do we hire?

Feb 23, 2016, 9:12 PM

I'm not for or against it, I support what the AD in which I donate would like to do. What are your thoughts?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we were to hire a new coach.. Who do we hire?

Feb 23, 2016, 9:29 PM

I honestly worry that we won't get someone better than Brownell.

Getting someone to come coach at Clemson is a tough sell. It's tough to recruit, we have very little Bball history, and everyone knows we are a football school.

People just say stuff like go get Marshall or go get Shaka Smart. It ain't that easy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

someone who can recruit like Dabo.***

Feb 23, 2016, 9:32 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's only one Dabo.

Feb 23, 2016, 9:45 PM

And the coots are about to find that out first hand.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: someone who can recruit like Dabo.***

Feb 23, 2016, 9:49 PM [ in reply to someone who can recruit like Dabo.*** ]

You going to pay him like Dabo and give him the best facilities money can buy?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

The politically correct answer here........

Feb 23, 2016, 9:32 PM

is that we have a coach. However, as you can see, I've been a looooong suffering CU basketball fan. It really does get demoralizing. Yes, occasionally over my 50+ years as a fan we have had some seasons of reasonable success, but that is the rare exception and not the norm. What has always bothered me is why we cannot sustain success. We cannot attract the players consistently to sustain success. I just don't get it. I can go through the litany of clemson pluses.....we all know them. We read about it daily in football. Campus, academics, facilities, support systems, etc, etc. It's hard to find a Dabo. I thought Barnes at first could be that guy but we know how that turned out. I don't know the answer but it has been so demoralizing wondering why we can't have a reasonably successful program that consistently makes the dance. Well, I waited a long time to go back to the MNC in football and with a little luck, I'll see us get back to the dance.??

Re: The politically correct answer here........

Feb 23, 2016, 9:37 PM

The magic bullet is Greg Marshall. South Carolina is in a contract year with Martin and will extend him after this season. Marshall has an axe to grind for never seriously being considered for the South Carolina job. I have no idea what it would take but we should spend it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marshall would be am INCREDIBLE hire...

But that ain't gonna happen. Wichita State is currently a better job than Clemson and the money isn't as good. If we want to be serious about basketball, it's time to pony up! Throw $5 or $6 million a year at Marshall and make him legitimately think about us. His axe to grind against scar and the "Blue Bloods" of the ACC would be EPIC. It would be a blast to watch.

~JKB

Re: Marshall would be am INCREDIBLE hire...

Feb 23, 2016, 9:50 PM

Yeah, I don't think we'll do it, but we should. He's a proven winner. Proven he can do more with less. Knows the area. (It's probably been lost to history but one of the selling points to Brownell was supposed be recruiting connections due to time at UNC-W.) He has a nationally recognized name and has beef with our in-state rival.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The politically correct answer here........

Feb 23, 2016, 9:45 PM [ in reply to The politically correct answer here........ ]

Oliver Purnell. I don't think it matters BB is going to be back for 17. That's why he went out and got all those transfers, it basically got him an extra year of getting paid on that contract. It's Genius, but unless we make it to the second round of the tourney next year we need a change. 1 year as a top 30 team should not be too much to ask for. Xs and Os don't mean poop in College sports, it's all about recruiting and managing egos.

Re: If we were to hire a new coach.. Who do we hire?

Dawn Staley. Why not?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask Psycho about her...

Feb 23, 2016, 9:49 PM

She ain't a real candidate for the job til she get her hair did.

~JKB

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,503
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic