Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we are able to finish 10-8 in the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

If we are able to finish 10-8 in the ACC

Feb 15, 2013, 9:45 AM

and win at least one ACCT game... would there by ANY NCAA chances?

That would include wins over Miami and UNC. I think the way we've played people close this year, the schedule sets up for us to have a chance to do this if we get on a roll. It will be hard to win at Miami though.

Any chance, or do we need to win out and be 11-7 in ACC?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: If we are able to finish 10-8 in the ACC

Feb 15, 2013, 9:52 AM

I know you're being optimistic but do you really think a team that hasn't won more than two straight in conference is gonna go 5-1 to close the season?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Feb 15, 2013, 9:56 AM

This is not an NCAA tourny caliber team

Feb 15, 2013, 10:05 AM

That's not a knock on them, some years you just don't have what you need to get it done at that level.

Hopefully we can at least make some headway in the NIT this year, and hope for a better performance next year. Sucks to lose Book, but I think we'll have better shooters (albeit with no idea what we're going to do in the post).

But to answer your question

Feb 15, 2013, 10:08 AM

If we sweep Miami as part of the run we might make it into the tourney. Beating Miami at Miami would be huge boost to rpi - but is highly unlikely. At 10-8 we could finish as high as 4th in conference but more likely 5th or 6th. I think we'd make it in as 4th or 5th team in ACC - but again this is probably a pipe dream.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NIT honestly is about the best we can hope for

Feb 15, 2013, 10:08 AM

need a 9-9 league finish for that. That's going to be really tough. The NCS loss was huge in regards to our post season hopes. Big difference between 14-10/6-6 which we would have been than 13-11/5-7. still, nice to see a road win last night. To go 10-8, we'd need to play better than we have all year, by far. Possible, just not likely

Nope. Nothing short of winning the ACCT is getting us in.

Feb 15, 2013, 10:14 AM

The ACC is really, really bad this season, and a 10-8 league record isn't going to impress anybody even if we won 2-3 tournament games. Also, look at what we did OOC. Zero quality wins with blowout losses to Zona, Purdue, and Coastal along with the loss to Gonzaga.

We might get an at-large bid if we somehow win out and beat Miami twice, but what are the odds of beating them once, much less twice? They've been beating everyone at home by 20+.

I'm still pissed about that

Feb 15, 2013, 10:34 AM

BS loss in the ACC Tourney Championship game a few years ago.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic