Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we add
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,502

If we add

Jul 28, 2018, 8:45 PM

Booth and PHILLIPS that gets us to 22. Almost all of the rest need to be lineman.

We really need a few more OLs and DTs to round out this class.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

rundown

Jul 28, 2018, 10:26 PM

We'll probably take one more DT for the class. Tayquan Johnson may be the only one slated as a DT, but both Logan Cash and Ruke Orhorhoro have both had their names floated out there as inside-outside players that could play either. That all really depends on how the coaches see the players translate, but just something to keep in mind. We're also currently targeting a few top DTs, which probably means that we're trying to get a guy who should be ready relatively quickly when needed. It may also mean that we're looking for our headlining DT to focus our efforts on.

While Orhorhoro and Cash being possible moves to the inside -- again, possible, not guaranteed -- they're also our only DE commits. It's hard to blame some of these kids from going other places TBH. Our depth is stacked so deep that most players would only have hope for a single season of starting. We should probably be good with one or two more to keep the flow going and depth strong while hitting hard in a favorable in-state DL class next cycle. Look our for Etinosa Reuben as a possible trending player. QuackingTiger mentioned that he might've had the most positive experience of any recruits at the cookout, which is a very good thing to hear. He's a top 500 3* with offers from Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, and us.

We will most likely take 2-3, maybe 4 more offensive lineman this class. I expect one of those players to be Cooper Dawson, a relatively low ranked in-state OT. We're by far his best offer and it's hard to think he goes anywhere else at this point. He's never played OT before (TE and DE in high school),which might be some of the reasoning behind a low rating, but definitely doesn't seem like a first choice type of player. Another name that have been thrown out there as someone who might become interested soon is Trevor Keegan a 4* OT from Illinois. Would love to get this kid, but there isn't much yet there and right now it's speculated future interest.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention Clay Webb. I've been pretty negative about any hope here and I've only slightly changed my stance. It's absolutely thrilling to be able to get a good offensive lineman on campus after what seemed to be a nightmare scenario with target after target not showing up, but alas he came. That's good and all, but to keep it grounded, I still don't have much hope at all. My eyebrows have been raised, but my hopes have not. Keep a close eye on this one, but don't get too excited.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,502
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic