Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the same situation with Meyer was with Smart at Georgia
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

If the same situation with Meyer was with Smart at Georgia

Aug 2, 2018, 6:05 AM

does anyone think the UGA administration would put Smart on administrative leave and be ready to fire him? I think anything short of Smart being found with a dead girl or a boy in his bed, UGA would turn a blind eye to anything that happens there as long as they think Georgia football can be relevant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely not.

Aug 2, 2018, 6:26 AM

If a college coach can get a state legislature can pass a law making it easier to get away with breaking NCAA rules then there is no way they would fire him for doing what Urban did. After that law passed I can say without any reservations that there is no coach in America that I would love to see fail more than Kirby Smart. He’s worse than Hugh Freeze. He doesn’t even try to hide it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Absolutely not.

Aug 2, 2018, 7:03 AM

Please elaborate what you mean here. I'm not familar with your reference

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is a link:

Aug 2, 2018, 7:27 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspin.com/kirbys-law-will-make-it-harder-to-report-on-georgia-a-1770500372/amp

Of course there are arguments on the other side but when the lt governor says this:

Aug 2, 2018, 7:29 AM

Georgia’s lieutenant governor said of the new law, “I hope it brings us a national championship.”

What does that mean? How do you expect a change in freedom of information law to help you win a national championship, unless . . .

Re: Of course there are arguments on the other side but when the lt governor says this:

Aug 2, 2018, 7:42 AM

How does extending the window to respond to a FOIA request allow an institution to cover up anything? Are you familiar with how the request process works? Before the law passed the standard was 3 days to respond to the request and no firm deadline as to when all corresponding documentation must be turned over. Basically, if they wanted to drag it out as long as possible they could before and still can. This is the case with all FOIA requests.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in the flip side how does lt gov think it’s going to help win a nc?

Aug 2, 2018, 7:51 AM

Georgia’s lieutenant governor said of the new law, “I hope it brings us a national championship.”

Re: in the flip side how does lt gov think it’s going to help win a nc?

Aug 2, 2018, 8:15 AM

It would not be the first time a politician commented on something they do not understand.

I’ll give you that possibility. But the other is that he knows more than you think.

Aug 2, 2018, 9:06 AM

It would not be the first time a tnetter commented on something they do not understand

Re: I’ll give you that possibility. But the other is that he knows more than you think.

Aug 2, 2018, 9:21 AM

I don’t post that often and generally reserve my comments for things I have some degree of knowledge about. You can choose to agree or disagree, but that is how the law is written and has been enforced in the past. I cannot be responsible for the interpretation of a lieutenant governor or his ignorance of proposed legislation. Legislators at every level have shown a propensity to pass legislation without understanding or in some cases reading it beforehand.
This is a statewide law and applies to all athletics across the state. If an institution is corrupt and hiding information they can manipulate the current law to circumvent the requirements and delay the dissemination of documents with minimal recourse.
I do not understand or defend the extension to 90 days. It is a bad look for Smart to have even commented on the situation, legislators for passing, and the governor for signing.

agree it’s a bad look***

Aug 2, 2018, 9:29 AM

Simple logic says this gives them a WHOLE LOT longer

Aug 2, 2018, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Of course there are arguments on the other side but when the lt governor says this: ]

to destroy evidence and get their stories ready. They can't really be blindsided by something when they have 3 months to prepare.

Re: Of course there are arguments on the other side but when the lt governor says this:

Aug 2, 2018, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Of course there are arguments on the other side but when the lt governor says this: ]

What’s the benefit of dragging it out unless you have something to hide? Why did Kirby make this a priority almost immediately after taking the job at GA? This is a really really bad look for GA. There’s no two ways about it.

allows you to win a championship, find out your under investigation and then coach can leave

Aug 2, 2018, 8:57 AM

So he’s never punished and if you’re as good at it as auburn player moves on and nothing is ever done about it

Re: Here is a link: Very disappointing

Aug 2, 2018, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Here is a link: ]

I would have expected him to wear the visor even with a suit. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the same situation with Meyer was with Smart at Georgia

Aug 2, 2018, 6:27 AM

They just passed legislation in Georgia to protect them for when they do something wrong. And obviously they are doing something wrong or they wouldn'tof needed that state protection. Bottom line There would be no investigation nothing would happen.

Doubt it***

Aug 2, 2018, 7:31 AM

Yes. With the Me2 movement and media attn they would not

Aug 2, 2018, 7:50 AM

have a choice. Especially now that O310 St has done it.

Of course they would. Dont think OSU and UGA aren't in the

Aug 2, 2018, 9:11 AM

same boat. Just like us, they want to keep their successful coach. But this is 2018 and this is Domestic Violence. Its out of their control when it all lines up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic