Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Kelly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Chad Kelly

Apr 12, 2014, 6:41 PM

still has a lot of growing up too do...getting in
coach's face isn't going too cut it...If he keep's
this kind of attitude,he will be on the bench the
remainder of his college career.He may even be
looking for another school.I believe in being a
team player and the boss is the boss.My guess is,
Watson will get a bunch of playing time.He will
most likely deserve it.Stoudt will start but Watson
will push him....GROW UP CHAD!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad Kelly

Apr 12, 2014, 6:42 PM

Completely concur.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He would have looked great running if it was a 2 hand touch

Apr 12, 2014, 6:43 PM

I think he ought to be suspended for awhile and then get chance to redeem himself?

I think he's at the bottom of Morris' list now

Apr 12, 2014, 6:56 PM

Morris doesn't have much patience for immaturity. Unless he shows a major change I expect he will be told he should look elsewhere if he wants much play time.

Morris is enamoured with running qb's and Kelly is an

Apr 12, 2014, 10:02 PM

an excellent runner and Morris knows he was handicapped by ridiculous one hand tag. A couple of times a hand came out of nowhere when Kelly was in clear for big gain. In normal game, he does not get frustrated.
Still would be good as a back-up wildcat qb, and Morris knows that!

There is no doubt in my mind chad kelly was on the sidelines

Apr 12, 2014, 7:03 PM

Bc of his attitude, however I do not think this decides cole as the starter, chad would have had a rushing touchdown and 100 yards rushing had they been playing live that being said I'm glad they sat his #### down because we can't afford to have him pulling that ##### in a game, as we've seen before, once your quarterback goes the whole team goes and him throwing a little temper tantrum everytime something doesn't go his way is unacceptable, I saw several times him going off in a receiver because of something he did like after his interception and both of those were just terrible decisions on chads part, chad kelly absolutely has the skill to be the starter, his maturity and ego is what worries me

We don't need another 2010 Kyle Parker .***

Apr 12, 2014, 7:32 PM

oh god that made me cringe. i dont recognize that season.***

Apr 12, 2014, 10:37 PM

If Watson does not

Apr 12, 2014, 7:16 PM

Win the starting position, he should not be playing. That would be a huge waste of eligibility.

If Watson does not

Apr 12, 2014, 7:16 PM

Win the starting position, he should not be playing. That would be a huge waste of eligibility.

Too early guys.You saw just one half of FB played by Chad...

Apr 12, 2014, 7:34 PM

We don't how he's been going all spring. And taking his run away from him limits his overall abilities.

In my opinion he was handicapped by the situation. With that said, he can't make throws into double coverage. But, that's what Boyd has been known to do on several occasions and it was his running game that made him a more complete player.

May be the same with Chad.

While he had a bad game throwing the ball today, I don't

Apr 12, 2014, 7:39 PM

think ability or todays performance are the biggest question with Chad Kelly. If he doesn't grow up and get his attitude right, he won't get much PT at Clemson.

There is a world of difference between a cocky, immature trash talker and a truly confident leader who actually takes care of business.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

It's not about talent. It's maturity.

Apr 12, 2014, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Too early guys.You saw just one half of FB played by Chad... ]

He's not showing many signs of leadership in attitude. At least not under pressure.

disagree...

Apr 12, 2014, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Too early guys.You saw just one half of FB played by Chad... ]

he is handicapped by his own I never do anything wrong ego. It is not like this is the first time he has overstepped his bounds. He will never amount to any kind of QB. I have a feeling he has hurt himself, and has hurt the other players condidence in him. He will never gain any respect from teammates with his attitude. Players don't take too kindly of someone that blames them when in fact it is the blamer's fault. If he does not grow up fast, he will be a cancer on the team.

There is a reason he was kicked off his high school team. I applaud that coach for not putting up with him even though he was good QB.He was suspended for a game, then kicked off the team. The year before he was suspended for the final 7 games. He is the perfect example of what is happening to a lot of fb players. They have been petted and pampered just because they were good. He thinks just because his uncle is Jim Kelly, he should be the starter. IMO, a lot of that comes from parenting while growing up.

Pretty sure he needed a lot of good ol' southern "timeouts" as he was growing up.

Exactly what ive been saying, but some here wanted cole to

Apr 12, 2014, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Too early guys.You saw just one half of FB played by Chad... ]

take over for tajh last year after watching him beat the helll out of poor citadel they think hes the best qb to ever grace clemsons campus. i dont care who starts as long as they are the very best quarterback we have. i dont understand all the people who want chad kelly to leave after 1 half of a game, a spring game at that and against arguably the most formidable members of our defense.

I'm not mad @ Chad. Am I disappointed? Slightly.

Apr 12, 2014, 9:56 PM

He should have been allowed to take off down the field when he cleared the pocket that once or twice; showed good instincts. Maybe it was a better idea to protect him.

I think his energy level is a very good sign & I honestly hope to see some sort of dual-QB formation drawn up because I think that would be really cute to have two QBs out there at the same time. That would get the crowd all hype & into it plus get Clemson on ESPN. Ya know, in a good way.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic