Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lemme tell ya a little story about an unused Natty ticket.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1,296

Lemme tell ya a little story about an unused Natty ticket.

Jan 10, 2020, 12:33 PM

My dad is going with his buddy Mike, who's son plays for Clemson (4 games to save RS, dressing out but won't play on Monday, obviously). I'm gonna keep the names non-specific--if you really wanted to, you could figure out who it is, but I doubt anybody cares that much. _____ (player) gets 6 tickets. 3 go to Mike, and 3 go to his ex-wife. His ex-wife is a teetotalcunt. Here's a primo example: their son got the last scholly of the 2019 class. As is customary, Dabo, JS, and whatever other assistants travel to see the parents to give them the news, typically at work if during the week. Dabo and crew walk in to her work/office and give her the news, and of course, the entire office is in awe that Dabo is there. So then Dabo says "OK, we're headed over to Mike's work to give him the news!"

She says "Oh, you don't want to do that--he'll get into trouble if you guys show up there." Dabo says "ok, we'll just call him." She totally made that up to deprive him of the coolness of Dabo showing up at his work. That's some 12/10 level petty, spiteful, bullshit.

So, Mike is taking my dad and his other son who is a senior at USC with his 3 tickets. Ex-wife decides (I haven't heard the official reason, so this is extrapolation) that it's unacceptable that older son go with Mike, and tells him he's not allowed to miss class on Monday and Tuesday to attend the national championship game with a team his brother plays on, and if he DOES defy her and go, she will stop paying his cell phone bill and car insurance. What in the actual fuck, man?

So he's been hemming and hawing and waffling all week about what to do. Finally decides this morning that he's not going, so Mike calls Clemson to see if he can transfer the ticket to me (my name is also in the player portal). Can't do it, too late. So that lower level ticket is going unused.

Ain't that some shit? Dad still wants me to go and wants to buy me a ticket, but like Obed, I don't like where it looks like prices are headed, after dropping some from Monday to Friday. Obed, reflux was tentatively on board with heading down from Nash tomorrow or Sunday. Might find a deal on an odd number of tickets since the few sellers who have 3 might be reluctant to get stuck with a single. Talk me into it, or out of it. I'm also good with sitting on the couch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's New Orleans

Jan 10, 2020, 12:37 PM

GO

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There will be ##### at least.***

Jan 10, 2020, 12:40 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mike should probably just take the other son anyway.

Mike can pay the cell phone and insurance until the due graduates and is gainfully employed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what we've been telling him.

Jan 10, 2020, 12:41 PM

Apparently, both kids really, really dislike her, for obvious reasons. She can't really control ______ (player) anymore since he gets #### near everything for free from Clemson now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have I met Mike? Even if I haven't. tell him

Jan 10, 2020, 12:44 PM

some stranger that taking over those payments gleefully will really stick it to her. He could also go so far as to not tell her he took over the payments so if she's bluffing she'll spend money for no reason.

He could probably just get her another cat and call it even

Jan 10, 2020, 12:45 PM

I'm assuming she has a lot of cats.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what I would have done. Wondering why he didn't?***

Jan 10, 2020, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Mike should probably just take the other son anyway. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

their tickets are different

and not available in the CFP app?

Don't understand the inability to transfer the ticket, but go anyway

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

AD/media tickets are hard printed, not electronic***

Jan 10, 2020, 12:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AD/media tickets are hard printed, not electronic***

Jan 10, 2020, 12:46 PM

this pics is stolen from WCCP radio station

They're basically willcall tickets that can only be given

Jan 10, 2020, 12:44 PM [ in reply to their tickets are different ]

to people registered in the player portal. You have to go to a particular gate and show an ID. Did that at Louisville this year. I suppose it prevents players from profiting off of their 6 tickets by putting them out on the market, particularly for postseason high $ games.

so who is the witch taking with her 3?***

Jan 10, 2020, 12:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know, but they're sitting in the same row. I want

Jan 10, 2020, 12:42 PM

to see this beast in person.

do that

Jan 10, 2020, 12:43 PM

and get booby pigs

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

She’s definitely hawt.***

Jan 10, 2020, 5:25 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how many portals are there in college football now?

Jan 10, 2020, 12:45 PM

it's like everything they do, there's a portal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope their portals are cleaner than the portal potties

Jan 10, 2020, 12:46 PM

they make the fans use on game day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s all about portals these days.

Jan 10, 2020, 12:51 PM [ in reply to how many portals are there in college football now? ]

And ball bearings. Portals and ball bearings.

Appreciate the offer, but I suffer from the snowball effect.

Jan 10, 2020, 12:50 PM

If I went, I'd have to take my 16-year old son who probably likes football more than me, and I love football. If I took him, I'd have to take my 13 year old daughter because she doesn't really care much about football but would feel slighted that I took her brother. Then I'd have to take wife-of just because.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you even head of the household bro?

Jan 10, 2020, 12:52 PM

You should have been keeping score of all the times they go out and get their nails done together, etc. to use in a time just such as this.

What else are you going to do with that $7k?***

Jan 10, 2020, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Appreciate the offer, but I suffer from the snowball effect. ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah tell em you're taking your buddy Cid14***

Jan 10, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Appreciate the offer, but I suffer from the snowball effect. ]

LOL...same here....

Jan 10, 2020, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Appreciate the offer, but I suffer from the snowball effect. ]

with 4 kids, I can't afford nothing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hole up

Jan 10, 2020, 12:57 PM

The brother is a senior at UofSC...a 21/22 year old man..and he is intimidated by threats from his mom? What a total Pussssssy.

Is this where the next generation is headed? wowzers

and besides that, if she is that controlling, no way she'd

Jan 10, 2020, 1:04 PM

let his cell phone bill go unpaid. What if she couldn't check on him just any ol time? What if he's out in the middle of the night with no phone? That ain't right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My senior roommate had a psycho mom

Jan 10, 2020, 1:24 PM

This bittch was crazy. One day she came on campus and literally STOLE his F150 without telling him and sold it. I guess it wasn't technically stealing since it was her car, but she took that chit from him without him knowing. Went out to the parking lot one day and it wasn't there. I don't remember why she did it but it was retaliation for something.

F150? Maybe she did it for his own good***

Jan 10, 2020, 1:24 PM

It was a crew cab so I agree. May as well had a SUV***

Jan 10, 2020, 1:30 PM

I'd think you'd want a crew cab at this point***

Jan 10, 2020, 2:25 PM

OMFG

Jan 10, 2020, 1:08 PM

That b!tch sounds like she would be a perfect fit for my wife’s ex-husband.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

"Sorry mom (not really sorry), but I'm going to this

Jan 10, 2020, 1:22 PM

once in a lifetime event to support my brother."

Also, i would be willing to bet 7 doll hairs that his professors would excuse him if he had asked them in advance. I know mine would have.

That's a eff ed up story! As for you GO! ******

Jan 10, 2020, 2:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If SC isn't giving their students the day off so they can

Jan 10, 2020, 2:22 PM

watch their Daddy play, why would expect this Mom to let her son off either?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what he gets for marrying my ex.

Jan 10, 2020, 2:41 PM

I live with a top shelf ##### for nearly 30 years. If she couldn't control it she would burn it down. Venomous, nasty critters, succubus pretty much covers it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lemme tell ya a little story about an unused Natty ticket.

Jan 11, 2020, 9:35 AM

I'd go. She sounds a lot like someone I know. Nothing but a cold-hearted snake that needs Karma to burn her alive. I want to best for my son and would never do a thing like that at all. What mother/father can be so cold. SMH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish I could give multiple TU just because of your use of

Jan 11, 2020, 3:46 PM

teetotalcunt

Brucking filliant sir!

Replies: 36
| visibility 1,296
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic