Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Ohio St ends up being the CFP number one ranked
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

If Ohio St ends up being the CFP number one ranked

Nov 6, 2019, 5:50 PM

team in their final poll, and by doing so they get to pick between Arizona and Georgia, I bet they will pick Arizona...they would not want to have to play a southern team (Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, or LSU) in Atlanta in the semi final game.

That being said, and assumed, can you imagine what you could scalp a pair of tickets for at the Atlanta game?

Could possibly be Alabama/Clemson, LSU/Clemson or, heaven forbid the price of this ticket Clemson/Georgia.

Granted we have our work cut out and, while I think we can make the final four, we need to be two or three.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Ohio St ends up being the CFP number one ranked

Nov 6, 2019, 5:58 PM

Recall that the CFPC does determine/specify locations such that a team doesn’t get an advantage over another team by playing close to home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: If Ohio St ends up being the CFP number one ranked

Nov 6, 2019, 6:19 PM

Ohio State football fans travel by the yacht load. They are very intense, very rich, very fanatical and very "in your face". Think of Cleveland Browns fans but with a tiny bit more polish.

I think they will choose whatever location is closer to Columbus OH.

You make a good point though. If they play Clemson/Alabama/UGA in a semifinal, they could choose Arizona because the crowd might end up more favorable for them than in Atlanta.

A CFP semifinal could be in a 100,000 seat stadium Juneau, Alaska and OSU would fill up half of it easily.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic