Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Leggett was likable??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 704

If Leggett was likable??

Jun 1, 2014, 9:07 AM

In my opinion I think we need a "new start" with the baseball program. Who that person MAY be is anyone's guess, HOWEVER...........

I wonder what the sentiment would be if Jack was a likable guy? I have had the opportunity to be around HS baseball is SC for the past several years (not a coach) and the overwhelming majority of people just don't like the guy (no news there).

The fact is that if I gave you a piece of paper listing Clemson accomplishments over the past 10-15 years and did not list the team or coach MOST would say that is a nice program.

My point.......I think Jack's attitude towards other coaches, fans, etc is not helping matters

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cocky coaches are great when winning

Jun 1, 2014, 9:09 AM

Fans hate them even more when they are losing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: cocky coaches are great when winning

Jun 1, 2014, 9:38 AM

I think we would tend to dismiss Jack's personality as eccentric if he were winning but he becomes arrogant and egotistical if the team falters. I can easily understand why high school coaches would not like him and I'm not sure how he can be an effective recruiter...it doesn't seem like it's in his nature.

Re: He is not liked and is no longer a good recruiter.***

Jun 1, 2014, 10:19 AM

I actually think Jack is very personable...

Jun 1, 2014, 9:43 AM

I've been impressed with him speaking with him.

With that said, his statements recently aimed at his critics haven't gone over too well and in my opinion were unwise. People handle stress different ways.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 704
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic