Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If KB was NOT the starter last year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

If KB was NOT the starter last year

Jul 18, 2018, 3:52 PM

would there even be a QB battle right now? The only argument that can be made for KB is that he started last year going 12-2 and making the CFP. If you remove last season and look solely at both QBs skill set as it stands today, can you honestly say KB is better or even close to TL?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hard to say b/c CS18 started over DW4.......

Jul 18, 2018, 3:55 PM

w/ no previous starting experience

Ummmmmm . . .

Jul 18, 2018, 3:58 PM

“The only argument that can be made for KB is that he started last year going 12-2 and making the CFP.”

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We went 12-2 and to CFP bc of our defense

Jul 18, 2018, 4:02 PM

Didn't think that had to be explained.

How many points did the defense score? How many points

Jul 18, 2018, 4:04 PM

Did the defense hold Syracuse to? Was kb at 100% when we played Syracuse? Did kb lose to the current dynasty in college football?

Yeah you’re right we should just ignore that

So if we had an average defense, Does KB still go 12-2

Jul 18, 2018, 4:08 PM

And to the CFP?

What if the sky were yellow? We will never know.

Jul 18, 2018, 4:16 PM

And I’m not saying kb is better mind you. All I’m saying is that was kind of a Moranic statement. Going 12-2 and being in the cfp is a big deal and you can’t just ignore that.

Was it moranic when Saban benched his 12-1 QB?***

Jul 18, 2018, 4:22 PM

Did I say that or did I say that 12-2 and going to cfp

Jul 18, 2018, 4:42 PM

Is part of the conversation? I think you are arguing for arguing sake. And you’re not really that good at it.

Re: How many points did the defense score? How many points

Jul 18, 2018, 4:08 PM [ in reply to How many points did the defense score? How many points ]

I would also add that the defense did not "win" the NC State game.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2018, 4:13 PM [ in reply to How many points did the defense score? How many points ]

Just as much as KB in the VT game...uh oh...I wasn't supposed to speak truth.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400937481

Check yourself.

I believe it was 1 passing TD, 0 rushing for KB in that game...1 interception for 1 TD by DOD also.

So KB 7 points, defense 7 points....RB's (Feaster/Fuller) 14 points, Spence 1 FG.

Can you read? All I’m saying is you can’t flippantly say

Jul 18, 2018, 4:19 PM

That going 12-2 and being in the cfp is meaningless. It’s part of the conversation. That’s actually good.

Re: Can you read? All I’m saying is you can’t flippantly say

Jul 18, 2018, 4:29 PM

You can slightly when your division rival was 3-6 when you played them playing with a 3 star true freshman QB replacement, not their normal 10-0. But I guess some see what they want to see, a delusion that the main division rival must have been the same strong team they usually are...it's going to be painful for some on here if FSU only has that one down year and look more like themselves next year. I can tell that already.

I pointed this to someone last night...just think about this...KB in the FSU game had only 151 yards, 1 TD, no rushing TD's. If FSU had still had Francois, had been undefeated or only lost to Bama (as was initially predicted before his injury), and played like they normally do, do you think that performance was enough to still easily beat them?? Keep in mind, by that game, their team didn't have anything to play for being 3-6, they were already out of ACC-CG contention...discoursed with their HC, who ends up leaving them. If we had lost in a normal scenario of that team for over the last 5+ years (where both teams entered undefeated or with 1 loss), we wouldn't have been in the playoffs. They'd own the head to head, we'd have 2 losses, with no ACC games left to play (all that was left was Citadel and SCar). Bye Bye ACC-CG...bye bye playoffs. It would have been that close. No other games would have mattered. That one game would have ended everything...as we wouldn't have gotten in over Bama nor OH State not playing in the ACC-CG too.

Jul 18, 2018, 4:33 PM [ in reply to How many points did the defense score? How many points ]

Coach should have never started KB Against Syracuse. The two backups should have played the whole game. Just saying..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t disagree. My point is that he went 12-2. No it wasn’t all him.

Jul 18, 2018, 4:38 PM

And no it wasn’t mostly him but that’s not something you ignore. im Not even saying tl shouldn’t start. My point is entirely that it’s an idiotic statement to say all he did was go 12-2 and go to the cfp like that isn’t amazing

Re: If KB was NOT the starter last year

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Lawrence-or-Bryant-1810085

How would we know? I am definitely on the TL bandwagon, but really how would we know other than that Spring game? Also, maybe they are leaning to him starting already, but why would they let anyone know that now, including TL? If I were coach I would just make TL the starter now, but maybe there are things we don't see since we've barely watched him. Maybe they have a process. My call though is that he is the starter by game 4 at worst.

Objective, logical, and fair . . .***

Jul 18, 2018, 4:06 PM

Jul 18, 2018, 4:41 PM

We would have won the NC. Oh wait...I thought it was fill in the blank.

Just kidding - geez.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic