Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If ESPN were smart
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

If ESPN were smart

May 10, 2019, 2:36 PM

They would schedule and broadcast scrimmages over the entire summer. It would be good for the sport, their pocketbooks, and these kids. I think an extra 4-6 games in June and July will be an easy sell and lend far more credibility to the preseason rankings.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If ESPN were smart

May 10, 2019, 2:46 PM

As a long time board reader and somewhat regular poster as of late, I must say I have one eyebrow raised at this post from you that lacks any sarcasm or humor. It even makes what appears to be a thought provoking point! ?? Plus 1 for the daily entertainment and the post

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lawd, don't encourage him.***

May 10, 2019, 7:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Maybe it's the beer, but that was funny....***

May 10, 2019, 9:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2019, 2:57 PM

Should we also send every team on our schedule a copy of the playbook with a promise to also provide copies of game plans when they are developed? If this is sarcasm, so be it, but if you are serious you better seek help stat.

May 10, 2019, 3:12 PM

This is such a bad idea pro teams have joint practices and a pre season! Wait that means it's probably not a bad idea....

May 10, 2019, 3:02 PM

I think they should give Clemson their own channel. Maybe CUESPN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If recent trends are any indication, they already have...***

May 10, 2019, 9:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm proud of you

May 10, 2019, 3:10 PM

I think this is the first time I've read your posts and agreed because it was a legitimate response without sarcasm. That being said I support this idea.

Is this real?

May 10, 2019, 3:13 PM

Did someone hack TBalm's acct. or is this a scok?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will never go for it because then the voters won’t have

May 10, 2019, 3:40 PM

a reason to rank 12 SEC teams in the preseason poll to bolster the $eC network.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How does any juan think this is serious***

May 10, 2019, 6:29 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How does any juan think this is serious***

May 10, 2019, 7:29 PM

Just playing along...

I've often though that allowing teams to use two balls

May 10, 2019, 7:54 PM

and play both offense and defense at the same time, in sort of a double half-court basketball format, would generate more viewership and make the games considerably shorter. Additionally, you can cheer for both your favorite offensive and defensive stars at the same time, kind of like a 2 ring circus. Let's hope ESPN wises up on this and gives it serious consideration.

The NCAA

May 10, 2019, 8:13 PM

I like your idea. I just don't think the NCAA would allow it.

They are still trying to keep the sport "pure and innocent"! It is at it's core still pure and innocent; but outside of that: "it hasn't been for a long time"! And, it's time the NCAA adapts.

I like the idea Coach Swinney had: 1 pre-season scrimmage. You allow App St or Tennessee to come to DV and scrimmage so both teams can get a workout against players who haven't been practicing against the same plays/players for weeks! Years!
With cutting the # of days you can have pads on and have hitting - it can almost be classified a safety issue!(stretch).

Could be beneficial to the schools who pay to belong to the NCAA to explore something like you are talking about. It wouldn't be hand over fist money; but could help a struggling athletic department out. The more games/scrimmages you can charge during warm weather the better. Not for a Clemson, Alabama, Ohio St or ND. But, if a school's team struggles some; you need to extract those dollars from the "fair weather " fans as soon as possible. Particularly in the northeast.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. We should definitely give Tennessee some help. ;~)***

May 10, 2019, 9:05 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic