Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If DeShaun Watson wins the starting job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,037

If DeShaun Watson wins the starting job

Dec 27, 2013, 1:50 PM

we're winning the National Championship.

Not sure how good he will be, but if he's good enough as a true freshmen to beat out Stoudt and Kelly.. watch out.

You don't bench Stoudt and Kelly unless the second coming is underneath center.

Here's to hoping Watson wins the job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Agreed, Dabo/Morris won't start Watson

Dec 27, 2013, 1:58 PM

if he is only equal to Stoudt or Kelly. Probably won't even if he performs a little bit better in practice (just because both of these guys have game time experience).

The only way Watson gets the start is that if there is no doubt he is the best quarterback on our roster. And you have to do a lot to prove that as a true freshman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed, Dabo/Morris won't start Watson

Dec 27, 2013, 2:03 PM

To get the best from Watson would be to red shirt him his freshman season. Starting players that young usually screw them up, and will take longer than a freshman season to get them straighten back out. RED SHIRT Watson regardless!!! He needs to learn our way, and not invent his own way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terrelle Pryor, Robert Griffin III, Braxton Miller,

Dec 27, 2013, 2:44 PM

Matt Barkley, Teddy Bridgewater, Stephen Morris, Jacory Harris.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he wins the starting job then your namesake will have

Dec 27, 2013, 2:06 PM

swept all 4 Majors earlier in the year

How about we let him go through Spring practice first, put his eyes back in his head after he sees the speed of the college game and then reserve speculation

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Possible, I suppose, but not very likely. He would have to

Dec 27, 2013, 2:07 PM

be absolutely phenomenal in every respect, better say, than Jameis Winston right off the bat. My money is still on Stoudt with Kelly getting reps and Watson redshirting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Possible, I suppose, but not very likely. He would have to

Dec 27, 2013, 2:21 PM

Point but, I really don't see Kelly starting in the fall just b/c, our O works better for a running QB. And that running QB better have good wheels along with being big and tough. Kelly fits that guy better than Stout. Stout would work very well in a drop back QB offensive system. I don't see Chad changing our system to fit Stout's talent, and he is a pretty talented QB, just not our system. IMO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand that line of thinking, but I still think

Dec 27, 2013, 2:53 PM

Stoudt's experience and overall grasp of the offense wins him the job, in spite of Kelly's superior running ability. Of course, that's just my opinion too, and either way I think we are in excellent shape at QB.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

well Willy didn't beat out Parker and Whitehurst

Dec 27, 2013, 2:08 PM

He was the first second coming

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

He did NOT. Therefore he was not the second coming.

Dec 27, 2013, 2:55 PM

Watson would be if he beat out Stoudt and Kelly.

Not saying it will happen...but if it does...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,037
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic